The Football Thread

Labuyo

gerrard in a forward role for their next intl match? no one wonder zidane calls him the best player in the world.

i mean where can u find a player who can virtually play any position. i remembered when he used to play right back a few years back to cover for the injured finnan and excelled.

his usual midfield role: holding, or right wing. and now as support striker?

whats next? goalie?

hands down to stevie. g. :blush:

he may provide the needed inspiration to take them out of relegation, BUT, he still lacks the coaching and managerial experience needed to make tactics against the much more experienced managers in the premier league.

moreover, that mike ashley fag is still posing around the stadium. its him who they need to take out. HAHA

One really thinks what Mike Ashley's intentions are. Speculations have ran wildly about it. If I were a businessman and didnt give a rats ass about the club, I'd be lining up the biggest ticket draw till the end of the season and at the same time hope that the club doesnt get relegated so I could do the circus run around next season all over again.

I really hope that alan has honest affection for the club. I have high hopes still. Its not always a sure fire way to success to bring in a star player, most of the time it has been disastrous. But if alan does fail, theres no way that he could be blamed for any further demise of the club.

Come to think of it, I have been considering that a year or two in the championship could help purge any demons within the club and strengthen it when it does get back to a standard fighting form for the premier league. Sans being compared to Leeds again as it is inevitable. Dont really know why though....

Title race is very much alive for the top flights, but as every year, I still hope that there is a change in the big four.

post-25839-1238691970.jpg

Come to think of it, I have been considering that a year or two in the championship could help purge any demons within the club and strengthen it when it does get back to a standard fighting form for the premier league. Sans being compared to Leeds again as it is inevitable. Dont really know why though....

Leeds was flying high in the premeirship several years ago....got relegated to the championship and then to the 1st div.......now they look stronger and on the brink of instant promotion back to the championship.....*** Leeds Utd started the season with several points docked against them (club was under administration) ..

.....Leeds and Newcastle....common denominator = Dennis Wise

its almost the end of the season and my hopes of a change in the top four looks pretty grim. Its the same teams up in there. Maybe next year there would be new teams to get into the champions league from the barclays. Hopefully, Aston Villa or Everton. Rumors has is that Moyes is one of the candidates to take the place of Sir Fergie when he retires. I think he is a competent enough manager given the right squad and the right amount of money for transfers.

subpar performance and sloppy defending by the red devils against porto, the portuguese side took it to the champions, at least it was a draw, nothing but a win is needed in portugal for the red devils to advance..in the champions league, no english side has beaten porto in their home soil, i hope manutd will be the first one side to do so, go red devils!!! :)

Edited by _eRon_