The Football Thread

Labuyo

hmm, for me, using wingers in a game is essential because in any game the middle will get saturated that's why you need quality wingers to deliver crosses to bypass the defense..but in this case you need to have great forwards to get the crosses..much like during the time of ManUtd during the 1999 season when they won the treble; they had great wingers in Becks & Giggs and they had quality forwards in Cole, Yorke, Solksjaer & Sherringham.

pero siyempre dpende pa din sa tactics ng kalaban & sa quality ng players mo hehehe...

Manchester City owner Thaksin Shinawarat is dreaming of buying Barcelona's Ronaldinho hehehehe..

si Cristiano Ronaldo tlaga, tsk tsk tsk, sana wag siya umalis at wag na niya palakihin isyu sa posible paglipat nya sa Real..

hmm, for me, using wingers in a game is essential because in any game the middle will get saturated that's why you need quality wingers to deliver crosses to bypass the defense..but in this case you need to have great forwards to get the crosses..much like during the time of ManUtd during the 1999 season when they won the treble; they had great wingers in Becks & Giggs and they had quality forwards in Cole, Yorke, Solksjaer & Sherringham.

pero siyempre dpende pa din sa tactics ng kalaban & sa quality ng players mo hehehe...

Manchester City owner Thaksin Shinawarat is dreaming of buying Barcelona's Ronaldinho hehehehe..

si Cristiano Ronaldo tlaga, tsk tsk tsk, sana wag siya umalis at wag na niya palakihin isyu sa posible paglipat nya sa Real..

oh btw, surprisingly, Tottenham captured Barca's Giovanni Dos Santos for 4.5 with several other fees. what a catch.

not just for you bro, it goes to all managers, nevertheless, note taken. :thumbsupsmiley: hehe, cno Celtics d2? i mean Boston, not the scottish champions.

Go celtics!

halftime thoughts - portugal 0 turkey 0

-scolari starts simao over quaresma.

-i thought pepe's headed goal was good, but twas ruled offside.

-ronaldo's looking dangerous, often switching sides with simao. he hits the post on a free kick.

-striker nuno gomes nowhere to be seen.

-jose bosingwa playing extremely well, surging forward and tracking back - looks like chelsea has finally found a rightback (essien has been deputising).

-servet is solid at the back for turkey, though he is struggling with his knee. their best player so far.

-the only danger comes from altintop, but its pretty comfortable for portugal.

-unless turkey comes out firing next half, portugal should find the goal to give them the win.

haha! who would've thought?! pepe doing his best gerrard impression, bursting down the middle.

interesting - on the 70th minute, scolari sent nani on for nuno gomes and repositioned ronaldo as the lone striker.

its something to what Sir Alex does to Ronaldo the past season which explains his 41 goals. play rooney as decoy or shadow striker, and ronaldo to spring the offside trap. they dont have too many options in rooney and saha; with the former having knocks here and there and the the latter's unreliability, it does surprise me at all where ronaldo is deployed by Sir Alex, ive seen him use it several times in EPL most importantly in Champs league matches. so 41 goals made by a midfielder? more like a striker for me, besides, i believe 1/3 came from dead balls which even makes it more exciting to watch his collection of goals.

nevertheless, nothing new for portugal as scolari wants to replicate what Sir Alex has done that won him a double to add to his collection.

maganda ba?

Not sure. Can't really make a call.

I know this English girl who likes LIV too. Pretty cute but a LIV fan. Her brother's a United fan too.

If ever I go to England she's taking me to Old Trafford. :P

Yes ronnie racking up that much goals is weird for an MF.

So is he really a winger or ss?

had a rough night out and woke up late. only caught the last second half of the germany-poland match. thoughts:

-i was wrong and germany did start with podolski - but as attacking mid. and he scored both goals.

-"super mario" had a bad game. fluffed 2 easy chances. even klose wasn't all that good. kuranyi to start next game?

-poland's brazilian, guerreiro, came in as a sub at halftime and was their best player.

Yes ronnie racking up that much goals is weird for an MF.

So is he really a winger or ss?

well he's always on the wing. hats off to him, he's just that damn good - scoring goals from there.

during the turkey game, he looked lost at sea whenever he was in the center. he's not a target man. he likes the ball played to him in the wing, and then he just does his dribbling thing to get to the goal.

solar sports is showing euro 2008

i thought rpn will show games but they haven't

solar sports in sky or destiny? kung destiny, bad trip.

i cant watch the nba finals because theyre all showing in destiny's solar sports. although they show it on rpn, its 30 mins late, and that sucks.