The Football Thread

Labuyo

Poor Wigan. What are they playing for? They just didn't have a plan. The Red Devils knew that once they scored a goal. Wigan's defense will just break down down into pieces. Well let see how Arsenal will play tonight.

I am not an ARS fan but they HAVE to win tonight or elese Im f#&ked!

Poor Wigan. What are they playing for? They just didn't have a plan. The Red Devils knew that once they scored a goal. Wigan's defense will just break down down into pieces. Well let see how Arsenal will play tonight.

actually wigan had a 4-5-1 formation so it looked like they were playing for a draw by hopefully locking down the midfield...and it worked in the 1st half but in the second half it was just pure class by ronaldo et al put man u up front...i guess there's just no amount of preparation against that

Edited by ron9
3-2...arsenal wins..van persie the man again! haha..i think youll live another day redshirt..haha

Yes, I did live to die another day.

jejejejeje! I was monitoring the match the whole time. The instance I saw that it was 2-2 I have already consumed 20mg worth of Valiums to calm me down. I was about to s@%t my pants!!

I placed a bet on Man City to win... so far so good 2-0 up by half time. I hope this goes well. I lost Php200 last night because Napoli scored a consolation goal... I would have been 600+ richer if it stayed 2-0 or 3-1. Oh well... I therefore conclude that I am not that good at predicting goals but Im pretty good at guessing who wins or looses. :P

Anyone else in here wagering on Footie games? It makes watching games a hell lot more exciting and you even win/loose money in the process. :P

Edited by redshirt
Arsenal, very good young gunners. redshirt, i'd rather buy snacks with my money, than lose it betting on something unpredictable.haha

ManU fan here

lol. Im a Manunited fan too. But, if betting ARS and MANC to win is blasphemy then I am guilty as charged!

I bet on 3 games last night.

Man City 3-1 Middlesbrough ( I bet on MANC to win)

Hajduk Split 1-2 Dinamo Zagreb ( I bet on Dinamo to win)

Academica Coimbra 0-1 Porto ( I bet on Porto to win)

Therefore, I won 3 games last night. This made football more fun for me :P

Edited by redshirt

Yes Arsenal didn't played well last night. Give Credit to Sunderland. The team from the NW worked hard going after every ball. Roy Keane had a good plan to play against Arsenal. Long ball to the weakest part of Arsenal defence. This will be the strategy that the opposition will play against Arsenal this season.

I agree Man City has very good defence. Five straight wins at home. The chance for Man City to be the top 4 this season is very bright. Liverpool looks like having a problem at home.

i'm for liverpool all the way (in the epl at least), but now i'm beginning to like man city too...

sayang, top na ng EPL ang ManUtd with their 4-0 trashing of Wigan Athletic, nice goals by C.Ronaldo, Tevez and Rooney, too bad the Red Devils got more injuries, they now have 12 players in the injured list, but i think two are coming back, Fletcher and Neville, nanalo lang ulit ang Arsenal over Sunderland, 1-0, 2nd ulit ang ManUtd behind the Gunnars..

napanuod ko lang sa Football Focus na bibigyan daw ng UEFA si Dida ng AC Milan ng disciplinary action dahil sa ginawa nyang pagiinarte nung game nila against Celtic, kaya daw siya nagdrama kasi he was looking for the game to be nullified due to fan interference, ang daya nu?hehehe :D..

sayang, top na ng EPL ang ManUtd with their 4-0 trashing of Wigan Athletic, nice goals by C.Ronaldo, Tevez and Rooney, too bad the Red Devils got more injuries, they now have 12 players in the injured list, but i think two are coming back, Fletcher and Neville, nanalo lang ulit ang Arsenal over Sunderland, 1-0, 2nd ulit ang ManUtd behind the Gunnars..

napanuod ko lang sa Football Focus na bibigyan daw ng UEFA si Dida ng AC Milan ng disciplinary action dahil sa ginawa nyang pagiinarte nung game nila against Celtic, kaya daw siya nagdrama kasi he was looking for the game to be nullified due to fan interference, ang daya nu?hehehe :D..

Kung natalo ang arsenal... Nagawa ko siguro yung cinasabi ni Ari Gold :P

arsenal has one more game in hand.. they've only played 8 vs the 9 of man u.. they WILL eventually take top spot even if they drew sunderland..

the question in the arsenal camp is, what happens to lehmann once he comes back from injury? maganda pinapakita ni almunia eh.. :unsure:

Yes! my serie A team AC Milan getting back on track 5-1 vs Lazio..

*nabasa nyo ba sa mga football news sites yung feud ni Oliver Kahn ng Bayern Munich and Jens Lehmann ng Arsenal? sinabi kasi ni Oliver Kahn na tapos na ang time ng great goalkeepers ng Germany, it ended daw nung tumigil siya lumaro, sinabi pa ni kahn na dapat daw 1st choice sa nilalaruan nyang team ang no.1 GK ng Germany, asar talo tuloy si Lehmann dahil 2nd choice GK lang siya sa Arsenal. Sabi nman ni Lehmann na paimportante lang si Kahn hehehe si Lehmann kasi dating no.2 GK ng Germany behind Kahn, siya na ang successor ngyn, di ata bilib sa kanya si Kahn hehehe :D..

*ang galing ng nakuhang brazilian player ni Sven Goran Ericcson for Manchester City, si Elano, he score twice last weekend, galing niyang midfielder, great passing tpos he can score, sana ManUtd na lang nakakuha sa knya, successor sana ni Scholes once he retires :)..

*nabasa nyo ba sa mga football news sites yung feud ni Oliver Kahn ng Bayern Munich and Jens Lehmann ng Arsenal? sinabi kasi ni Oliver Kahn na tapos na ang time ng great goalkeepers ng Germany, it ended daw nung tumigil siya lumaro, sinabi pa ni kahn na dapat daw 1st choice sa nilalaruan nyang team ang no.1 GK ng Germany, asar talo tuloy si Lehmann dahil 2nd choice GK lang siya sa Arsenal. Sabi nman ni Lehmann na paimportante lang si Kahn hehehe si Lehmann kasi dating no.2 GK ng Germany behind Kahn, siya na ang successor ngyn, di ata bilib sa kanya si Kahn hehehe :D..

*ang galing ng nakuhang brazilian player ni Sven Goran Ericcson for Manchester City, si Elano, he score twice last weekend, galing niyang midfielder, great passing tpos he can score, sana ManUtd na lang nakakuha sa knya, successor sana ni Scholes once he retires :)..

Don't worry nandyan naman si Anderson and J.S. Park :P

Arrrrgggghh! I lost 2 out of three games last night! :( :thumbsdownsmiley:

Don't worry nandyan naman si Anderson and J.S. Park :P

Arrrrgggghh! I lost 2 out of three games last night! :( :thumbsdownsmiley:

Sendoros is the weakest link in Arsenal defence. Hopefully Gallas will be back soon to beef up the defence. Almunia is still not good enough. Lehman is good but make too many silly mistakes that hurt. Gilberto is good to beef up the defence but does not go after every ball like Flamini. Arsene has to build up tighter defensive wall.

arsenal has one more game in hand.. they've only played 8 vs the 9 of man u.. they WILL eventually take top spot even if they drew sunderland..

the question in the arsenal camp is, what happens to lehmann once he comes back from injury? maganda pinapakita ni almunia eh.. :unsure:

Yes! my serie A team AC Milan getting back on track 5-1 vs Lazio..

Sendoros is the weakest link in Arsenal defence. Hopefully Gallas will be back soon to beef up the defence. Almunia is still not good enough. Lehman is good but make too many silly mistakes that hurt. Gilberto is good to beef up the defence but does not go after every ball like Flamini. Arsene has to build up tighter defensive wall.

I beg to disagree sir. senderos is part of the ARS future. Being an non-ARS fan I like Senderos because of his performance at the last WC. He just lacks a little match fitness that's all.His been injured for quite sometime so don't expect him to be tip top right now. Just my fity cents :P

Glory Glory Manchester United!