The Football Thread

Labuyo

Nice to hear that man, I'm a true blooded pinoy and I'm also in the Philippines rightnow! I guess they stopped showing la liga matches in solar sports. I checked their TV listings ad haven't seen any match schedules. I haven't check the matchday fixtures, will madrid play tonight? They're scheduled against Lazio, right?

they play tommorow. I think at home to Lazio. I guess Im sleeping late tonight MANU vs ROM :P

sana manalo ang ManUtd vs Roma tonight..Go Red Devils!!! :)..

i like la liga too, i don't really have a favorite team in la liga but i follow la liga games too..sevilla have been a revelation these past few seasons..:)

ac milan are having a domestic meltdown right now, they're only 11th in serie a, they are european powerhouses but when it comes to their domestic league, inter and juventus get the better of them..

sakit ng pagkatalo ng lyon a... and i thought kakarnehin ng roma ang manu...totti should do something pagnagkita ulit sila..kung gusto tlga nya bawiin ung pagkatalo nila dati...

and im hoping na ipalabas ung real game..pero chelsea vs valencia is not bad to watch either...

go real!!!

UEFA Champions League Results (Matchday 3)

CSKA Moscow 2-2 Fenerbahce

-nice attacking football by both sides, some early goals were due to defensive blunders..

Dynamo Kiev 1-2 Sporting Lisbon

-Sporting rescue themselves from a draw with the winner in the 2nd half..

Inter Milan 2-0 PSV

-Imbrahimovic gets 2 goals for a win for Inter in the San Siro..

Lyon 0-3 Rangers

-3 nil trashing of the french champions by Rangers, they are now 2nd in their group to Barcelona..

Man Utd 1-0 Roma

-Rooney's 70th minute wonder goal won the game for the red devils, AS Roma had their chances to equalize but were squandered, ManUtd top their group with this win :)..

Sevilla 4-2 Slavia Prague

-Sevilla show their attacking prowess by scoring 4 goals..

Steaua Bucharest 0-1 Arsenal

-Van Persie with the winning goal to seal the points for the Gunnars..

VfB Stuttgart 0-2 Barcelona

-sloppy but key goals from Puyol and Messi to win the match for Barsa, amazing fluid attacking football displayed by Barsa..

Plenty of chances, but unfornately only one goal for the Gunners. Quick attacking game, always passed the ball quickly to the player with the space to move forward. Intelligent reading by the younger Gunners of the tactical moves by the opposition.

Regarding the Blues - It would be difficult for the team to win tonight

UEFA Champions League Results (Matchday 3)

CSKA Moscow 2-2 Fenerbahce

-nice attacking football by both sides, some early goals were due to defensive blunders..

Dynamo Kiev 1-2 Sporting Lisbon

-Sporting rescue themselves from a draw with the winner in the 2nd half..

Inter Milan 2-0 PSV

-Imbrahimovic gets 2 goals for a win for Inter in the San Siro..

Lyon 0-3 Rangers

-3 nil trashing of the french champions by Rangers, they are now 2nd in their group to Barcelona..

Man Utd 1-0 Roma

-Rooney's 70th minute wonder goal won the game for the red devils, AS Roma had their chances to equalize but were squandered, ManUtd top their group with this win :)..

Sevilla 4-2 Slavia Prague

-Sevilla show their attacking prowess by scoring 4 goals..

Steaua Bucharest 0-1 Arsenal

-Van Persie with the winning goal to seal the points for the Gunnars..

VfB Stuttgart 0-2 Barcelona

-sloppy but key goals from Puyol and Messi to win the match for Barsa, amazing fluid attacking football displayed by Barsa..

t** draw lng real v lazio! kainis!

daming underdog na nanalo ngyn a!

celtic beats milan. 2-1

shaktar beats benfica. 1-0

marseille beats liverpool. 1-0

besiktas beats porto. 1-0

tapos olympiakos 3 late goals to beat werder pa...

damn it!!! Kulelat ako sa MTC league sa UCL!!!! Arrrggghhh! Manchester United lang ang 100% record this season sa UCL :D

UEFA Champions League Matchday 4

Liverpool 0-1 Marseille

BeÅŸiktaÅŸ 0-1 Porto

Valencia 1-2 Chelsea

Rosenborg 0-2 Schalke

Lazio 2-2 Real Madrid

Bremen 1-3 Olympiacos

Celtic 2-1 Milan

Benfica 0-1 Shakhtar

Grabe ah, dami upsets, nice wins by marseille, olympiacos, shakhtar and the best upset of the night, celtic over milan :D..what a goal by drogba to win the game for the blues..nice wins by rangers & celtic against very good in teams, in milan and lyon..:)

it seems that my 10 year old niece is tougher than ac milan goalkeeper dida.

did you guys see that? the fan barely tapped his cheek. and he had to be stretchered off with an ice pack on his face. bakla ata yun eh...

he just played it up to the hilt, just like those who roll around in pain hoping to get a penalty. dida in fact played it well because it would have caused more trouble for milan and the entire game if he caught up to the guy, which was his initial reaction before dropping like a fly

celtic may be heavily penalized for this

Edited by ron9
he just played it up to the hilt, just like those who roll around in pain hoping to get a penalty. dida in fact played it well because it would have caused more trouble for milan and the entire game if he caught up to the guy, which was his initial reaction before dropping like a fly

celtic may be heavily penalized for this

but this was much much worse. didn't dida think people would see it over and over again on tv??? the guy barely tapped him:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GxTmCD6rKxc

and he gets stretchered off with an ice pack:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=h213GJo76sQ

i changed my mind, a 3 month old baby is tougher than him!

hahaha, i still laugh everytime i see it...

Edited by damaso

it seems the greek league is the best among the "smaller" football nations in europe.

all four teams made it to the group stages in the uefa cup. one of them took out a premiership team (blackburn rovers) and another took out a la liga team (real zaragoza).

i'm rooting for aek athens in this competition.

pero malamang bayern munich mananalo. or maybe a 3rd placed team sa group stages ng champions league.

Great that the Blues won. Hopefully this will encourage and push the team to flight for the top four in the Premier League. It would be great to see Arsenal, Manchester City, Menchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool flight for the top four places. What would be exciting would be a close match among the these five teams.

UEFA Champions League Matchday 4

Liverpool 0-1 Marseille

BeÅŸiktaÅŸ 0-1 Porto

Valencia 1-2 Chelsea

Rosenborg 0-2 Schalke

Lazio 2-2 Real Madrid

Bremen 1-3 Olympiacos

Celtic 2-1 Milan

Benfica 0-1 Shakhtar

Grabe ah, dami upsets, nice wins by marseille, olympiacos, shakhtar and the best upset of the night, celtic over milan :D..what a goal by drogba to win the game for the blues..nice wins by rangers & celtic against very good in teams, in milan and lyon..:)

eh di ba Greece is the current Euro Champions? :D

Yes they are the incumbent champs.

Sana manalo ang Ars and MANU coz I have money riding on their games! Dapat sa LIV ako tataya pero nagaalangan ako kasi TOT ang kalaban nila. It's quite tricky I'd say.

Glory Glory Manchester United!! :D

Poor Wigan. What are they playing for? They just didn't have a plan. The Red Devils knew that once they scored a goal. Wigan's defense will just break down down into pieces. Well let see how Arsenal will play tonight.

yes great 2nd half by united but we lost saha (knee), vidic (concussion), and o'shea (thigh) to injuries...no news on how severe and for how long they will be out