The Football Thread

Labuyo

bad news for man utd fans, solksjaer out for the season due to knee injury

still some doubt over owen's future at liverpool...he has yet to sign the 3-year contract and new coach benitez refused to confirm his place for liverpool in time for their uefa champions league qualifying match

with just two games into the new season, arsenal has shown that it still is the team to beat...first game saw them beat everton 4-1, then last night they showed total class...after falling to middlesborough 3-1 early in the second half they rallied to beat them 5-3...arsenal now has been unbeaten in the premiership since they lost to leeds two season ago (the game that saw them lose the title)....it's still way too early but you can't deny that arsenal is still favored to defend their crown

with man utd qualifying for the champions league, they get aroung 15M pounds from television rights...the supposedly are using the extra money to go after rooney now that everton denied newcastle's bid

this despite the good showing (so far) of smith and the possible return to action of saha and rvn later on

it was confirmed that rooney was undergoing a medical at the man utd grounds...although no cofirmation on the transfer was made by either man utd and everton

for man utd's sake let's hope rooney makes an impact...man utd just drew with everton giving them a 1-2-1 record (good enough for middle of the standings) while both chelsea and arsenal have raced to 4 straight wins

Hmm... seems this thread has been quiet for the past few days... Lemme revive this again...

Anyone been catching the Champions League matches lately??

What about Real Madrin losing to Bayer Leverkusen 3-0?? Sheesh!! And they spent so much money on getting good defenders! Owen never left the bench!! He he... as you all can tell... I'm a Real Madrid fan... it'll be an interesting season for them....

Also, did you guys see all that blood on the ref after he was hit in the head?? Poor guy... they had to abandon the Dynamo Kiev - AS Roma match... I personally didn't catch the match... but I saw the highlights... was the officiating bad?? Or were the Roma fans in a bad mood coz they were down 1-0??

Well here are the rest of the scores... just click on the link...SOCCERNET.COM CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SCORES

adam_H may bago futsal court in libis beside shopwise. madami daw naglalalro doon. i will try to join a team para maglaro doon.

dre ale828,

pag nakasali ka post ka sa thread na to ha. i really wanna play it's been years since i last played. pagok bigay mo naman sakin details para makapagmember ako. thnx dude.

Hmm... seems this thread has been quiet for the past few days... Lemme revive this again...

Anyone been catching the Champions League matches lately??

What about Real Madrin losing to Bayer Leverkusen 3-0?? Sheesh!! And they spent so much money on getting good defenders! Owen never left the bench!! He he... as you all can tell... I'm a Real Madrid fan... it'll be an interesting season for them....

Also, did you guys see all that blood on the ref after he was hit in the head?? Poor guy... they had to abandon the Dynamo Kiev - AS Roma match... I personally didn't catch the match... but I saw the highlights... was the officiating bad?? Or were the Roma fans in a bad mood coz they were down 1-0??

Well here are the rest of the scores... just click on the link...SOCCERNET.COM CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SCORES

got some good news for you.....real again lost this time to espanyol. also, coach jose antonio camacho quits and was replaced by assistant mariano garcia remon.

"I can see that there is no rapport with the squad. I had great hopes about this job but they haven't been realised."

hay nako tanggalin ko na kaya yung real madrid wallpaper ko....

manU is back to their winning ways..they beat liverpool, 2-1, 2 goals from unlikely goal scorer Mikhael Silvestre..Rio Ferdinand is back..Wayne Rooney, Louis Saha & Ole Solskjaer are coming..hope they can retain the title..

whoa, real madrid's manager quit, sorry for them..by what i'm seeing, they have lots of offense but no defense, they need to get some top defenders..look at chelsea&manU they got some key players not only for their offense but also for their defense.. :cool: :mtc:

real madrid - when they still had makele they won the champions league...vieira would have been a good addition...his inclusion would have made more sense than owen's...can't believe that two years ago they missed out on signing ayala (defender from valencia)....despite all their star quality real simply sucks in defense...their two victories in la liga were not even convincing...barca looks more like a winner this early in the season

man utd - i guess if you're struggling you'll get the goals from anywhere...tim howard sat out the game againts liverpool after his blunder in the champions league

juventus is making a good start in serie a with zlatan up front

if i may...i think that everytime a team changes coaches it doesn't do the team any good...for the sake of real since it happened early in the season they have enough time to turn things around...however their choice of coach does not leave any room for happy feelings...the press in picking up the bit that the players didn't respond well to camacho and that he quit since he did not feel that he did not have the backing of the players...they chose to get remon since he was considered a recognized madridista and someone who embodied the culture of the club...but that's what they said about del bosque and they also let him go...it seems that real is merely a team with so many gifted individuals - and that's the key word - individuals

ron9 - nice insight... Real was able to squeak past Osasuna 1-0... hopefully things look up for them...

Taz - I'm sure there are Arsenal fans out there... I'm not much of an Henry fan.... although I have to admit that he's one of the best strikers out there... Look out for the Spaniard Reyes... he will definitely make waves in the EPL...