The Football Thread

Labuyo

GREECE IS THE 2004 EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS !!!

Beat Portugal 1-nil. I was rooting for Greece, coz I consider them the underdog against portugal. Also, england should be there instead of portugal. <_< I don't like christiano ronaldo's guts. he is not world class. ROONEY IS

:cool:

• 3 weeks later...

patrick kluivert just finalized his transfer to newcastle joining former england captain alan shearer in attack

real madrid and barcelona recently went on a bidding war for samuel eto'o (african player of the year) but barcelona recently withdrew

real madrid's president very much interested in partick vieira of arsenal. wenger sure to oppose any bids from real madrid.

wenger supposedly talked to agent of maniche (fc porto) which further fueled speculation that vieira will go to real madrid

congratulations to brasil for winning the copa america against argentina (2-2 full time, 4-2 penalties). only kleberson was on the squad that won the 2002 world cup. winning copa america sans ronaldo, roberto carlos, ronaldinho who were all left out of the squad in order to preserve them for the 2006 world cup qualifiers. go brasil!!!

real madrid and patrick vieira have agreed to terms already. what will be remaining is the transfer fee that will be acceptable to both real and arsenal. however, it seems that arsene wenger will try to keep vieira in arsenal.

chelsea has also signed portugese defender ricardo carvvalho (carvallo ?)

marc overmars has retired due to a knee injury

man united interested in rui costa.

ac milan may agree to give him to man u on loan since kaka has replaced him on the starting 11

alex feguson interested in rui costa because rui costa has retired from international football and will be able to concentrate on his club career

i havent played for a very long time. (elementray days pa!) but i can give it a try, whats is KAYA?

any manutd fan here? cant wait to see the fantastic 4!! ruud, louise, allan and ole!! cant wait to see the 1st game aug 16 vs the big spenders! drogba? here we come!! heinze and rio, welcome guys!!

i dont think arsene will give up their captain. he plays a vital role for arsenal. rooney, is way to expensive for manutd. heinze and cristiano will be away for the 1st to 2 weeks of the epl.

yes arsene wenger has continously denied any rumors of vieira's transfer. he firmly believes that vieira's future lies with arsenal.

however, it was reported that vieira and real have already come into terms and that all that is left is for real and arsenal to agree to a transfer fee

some football pundits in the net and on cable have agreed that vieira has nothing left to prove in epl, and also for france. a move to real madrid is a logical choice. like what they say, when real comes knocking on your door....well, just look at how the galacticos have been drawn to real

if ever this transfer happens, imagine a central midfield of vieira and zidane with figo and beckham at the wings!!! no excuses for them this time around!

as to your quesiton of who is a man u fan, well i'm a man u fan, as well as an arsenal, chelsea, real, barca, ac, inter, juve....i'm just a football fan who enjoys the games regardless who's playing....

we live here in pinas where we are hopelessly in love with bball to the detriment of the deveopment of other sports

real weakness is the central defense. nothing againsts bravo, helguerra. roberto carlos is good, but they have lapses there. esp when they have a 4-1-2-1-2 formation. they are quick passing the ball through, but they are prone to counter attacks.

morientes is back from loan coming from asm. im a fan of great players like ruud vn, van de art, t. henry, del piero, trazeguet, oliver khan, ballack, rio ferdinand, sol campbell, owen, kewell, aimar, nedved, kluivert, ronaldinho. need i say the galacticos of real madrid?

i hope they get to avenge themselves from a very disappointing season.

cheers to football!!!

yes morientes is back but i'm not clear as to whether he is staying or not. yes camacho is supposedly a fan of morientes and he supposedly blocked an attempt by chelsea to get him, but the last few days have been unclear.

real recently won 11-0 againts some small spanish club and morientes did score in that game but the report also mentioned that it was still not clear if he will be wearing the white jersey this season.

also, real recently lost in its bid to get ricarda carvalho from fc porto. he went to chelsea instead. fc porto did not accept real's offer of some cash plus morientes.

regardless, it would be interesting to see where morientes lands. i want to see him stay at real but it would be ironic - again - if he lands elsewhere and contributes to real's not winning any major trophy this season

FTLOF - for the love of football

carvalho went to chelsea for 30M. portugals good showing at the euro 2004 paid good dividends for the national squad.

cant wait to see manutd vs chelsea.

wanted to see d new players. heinze, liam, pique and the prince of elland road!!

im just more than happy to see rio back at the center. brown did a good too, not to mention he's coming off from injury. hope, all will be well for ole. and i hope, keane gets back to his old self.

real has some better defences now in the form of argentinian Samuel who came from Roma. just dont know if he is enought to tighten up real's defence. Viera would certainly improve and strengthen their central midfield area similar but better to what makelele did for them before.

real players are blaming their fitness program for their poor performance last season. another south american, samuel. it will take some time for him to fit in. one good thing though, argentines are know to be hard players. manutd got heinze from argentina too.

it's been confirmed that arsenal and real madrid have agreed to a 32M transfer fee for patrick vieira....imagina midfield of vieira and zidane in center with figo and beckham at the wings...no excuses for them this year

arsenal to use the money to get fc porto midfield maniche

paul scholes also has announced his retirment from interntional competition....good news for manutd fans but bad news for england fans

is it true that starsports in the philippines will show these games live? that a big surprise if they do. baka yan yung starsports in other asian countries.

that's what it said on the espnstar website...but then they always have that "subject to change w/o prior notice"

the afc game is sure to be shown since that's wher i've been watching the games...if starsports does not show it live, espn is scheduled to replay it on monday 3pm

the hanwriting's on the wall...vieira will join real madrid...he has already agreed to to the terms of real, the only thing is the transfer fee between arsenal and real

barcelona re-joined the race for samuel eto'o (cameroon/mallorca)

van nistlerooy out for a month - hernia, will undergo surgery