The Football Thread

Labuyo

i've noticed there are no Messi fans here. hehe

problem with argentina is they rely on him waaaaaay too much, at least he delivers when he's needed

Messi fan here! Memorable talaga yung game against Switzerland. From Messi to Di Maria in stoppage time!

And yeah, I agree most of you here, Brazil needs to step up since Neymar is now out of the world cup, good thing is Thiago Silva and David Luiz are helping them.

Except that Thiago Silva is suspended for the next match for picking up a second yellow card in their match against Colombia. Oscar and Hulk now have to fill the void left by Neymar. Germany stands a better chance of winning the world cup now because they're less reliant on a single player, whereas Neatherlands has had to rely on Robben and Argentina leans heavily on Messi.

Funny thing about earlier's match between Germany and Brazil is that I was still celebrating Klose's goal and tweeting at the same time when another goal came afterwards.

I really feel bad for Brazil but their schoolboy defense is something to be ashamed of. David Luiz was nowhere near the goal line when Germany scored their first 2 goals. Oh well let's hope that Argentina-Netherlands will give us a very entertaining match!!

it just goes to show that Neymar is the heart of this team and Brazil relies too much on him... poor defense, loss of focus in the part of the Brazilians..

and Germany.., ohh boy were they just as calculated and systematic as ever... i think they are the favorites to win this now..