The Football Thread

Labuyo

Juve's more likely to lose all their great players (international and italians) due to the scandal.  Adrian Mutu was already sold to Fiorentina.  Rumors has it that Fabio Capello (new manager of Madrid) is requesting to get Canavarro, Emerson, and Zambrotta from Juventus.  By the way, Juve could be relegated to Serie C!!!  Claim din nung president ng Madrid that they will begin negotiation with AC Milan to get KAKA since Milan might be relegated to Serie B.  They might also get Fabregas, and Van Nistelrooy.  Now this time, I believe in Capello's capabilities to gel such an all star cast.  Mukhang hahakot na ng trophies ang Real  (if the rumors are true).

By the way, did Zidane won the Golden Ball award? I think he did.

yup zidane did win the golden ball award. voting stopped at half time. too bad for canavarro.

I cant wait for Real to go back to their winning ways :D

and if marerelocate ang AC Milan,Juventus and Latzio(not sure about this) edi magdodominate ang Inter,Roma and even Fiorentina! :blink:

fiorentina is also included sa scandal....i dont think relegated ang milan, lazio and fiorentina. deduction of points lng ata ang kanilang punishemnet from the last league.

im a big fan of both teams :P

but hows this for a cenario:

C. Ronaldo leaves for RM,Requelme and Ribery join ManU? :P

Go Real!!

Glory Glory Manchester United!!

Ribery wants to go to Lyon and Riquelme wants to remain in Spain...

all Manchester is getting this season is Carrick...Michael Carrick

After watching again and again Zizou headbutting Materazzi in luol's sig, I wonder what the latter told the former to merit that kind of reaction? :evil:

Maradona will always be remembered for that infamous Hand of God goal (cheat!), Roberto Baggio the missed penalty in 94 and Zizou The Torro. :lol:

Haay, why even tarnish a distinguished career? :thumbsdownsmiley: It's ok France lost but to end your career that way? :thumbsdownsmiley: Maybe he's gonna play in the next WC to make up for the tainted image. :lol:

Whatever he did in his illustrious career, this is the only one that will always be remembered. :thumbsdownsmiley:

Ribery wants to go to Lyon and Riquelme wants to remain in Spain...

all Manchester is getting this season is Carrick...Michael Carrick

Nooo! Magiging kawawa ang labas ng Manu sa Che! :cry: Chelsea has apart from thier old cast,Ballack,Shevvy and other new boys :grr:

After watching again and again Zizou headbutting Materazzi in luol's sig, I wonder what the latter told the former to merit that kind of reaction? :evil:

Maradona will always be remembered for that infamous Hand of God goal (cheat!), Roberto Baggio the missed penalty in 94 and Zizou The Torro. :lol:

Haay, why even tarnish a distinguished career? :thumbsdownsmiley: It's ok France lost but to end your career that way? :thumbsdownsmiley: Maybe he's gonna play in the next WC to make up for the tainted image. :lol:

Whatever he did in his illustrious career, this is the only one that will always be remembered. :thumbsdownsmiley:

pare i read somewhere that the italian guy did "badmouth" zizou. i think it's something to do about terrorists & prostitues. anyway, some experts say that the italian guy must have said something really foul that really provoked the french superstar.

pare i read somewhere that the italian guy did "badmouth" zizou. i think it's something to do about terrorists & prostitues. anyway, some experts say that the italian guy must have said something really foul that really provoked the french superstar.

Of course I know it was some verbal exchange that led to his action bro, I wouldn't think naman he did it without provocation. ;) I just put the thumbsdown :thumbsdownsmiley: to his action and not to his legacy in football. But it's just really too bad that for what everything he has down for the sport, when people talk about Zinedine Zidane 10 years, 20 years from now, I'm pretty sure 95% of the time the headbutt would be the first topic of conversation. :)

I was able to watch Zizou's interview in Canal + and he did say that some words were spoken about his mother and sister and he did apologize too.

Excerpts of the interview:

"They were very hard words. You hear them once and you try to move away," he said.

"But then you hear them twice, and then a third time."

"Before anything else I am a man and some words are harder to hear than actions. I would rather have taken a blow to the face than hear that."

"I want to apologise."

"But I can't regret it because if do that would be like admitting that he had every reason to say what he said. I can't do that because he was not right to say what he said."

"I want to ask for forgiveness from all the children who watched." - Zinedine Zidane

Apology accepted Maestro.

i think materazzi was heckling Zizou. i mean a heckler can really mess up some of your concentration, even the best players in the world can lose it. Although i expected better from zidane, since he is a world class players.

You guys should try being heckled for once, its really annoying.

i think materazzi was heckling Zizou. i mean a heckler can really mess up some of your concentration, even the best players in the world can lose it. Although i expected better from zidane, since he is a world class players.

You guys should try being heckled for once, its really annoying.

Oo nga kahit gaano kahaba ang pasyensya mo....pag tinamaan ka ng topak,your gonna blow your fuse! :grr:

Juventus relegated to Serie B, stripped of 2005 and 2006 titles out of 2006-07 Champs Lge, 30 point deduction next season at Serie B.

AC Milan deducted 15 points, out of 2006-07 UEFA Champs Lge

Fiorentina relegated to Serie B, 12 point deduction next season, out of 2006-07 UEFA Champs Lge

Lazio relegated to Serie B, stripped of 2005 and 2006 titles out of 2006-07 UEFA cup, 7 point deduction next season at Serie B

Plus several bans for bigwigs

Edited by howard_the_duck
patay na football thread.. tapos na kasi worldcup.. la pa mga league games.. august ulit.. hehe..

sobrang GREEDY NG CHELSEA.. all-star na.. hehe.. I'm betting sila ang UEFA Champions for 2007.. hehe..

not greedy mate,outrageously rich!! but dont worry it wont be long till Abromavich goes bankrupt!! :hypocritesmiley:

Edited by redshirt
sobrang GREEDY NG CHELSEA.. all-star na.. hehe.. I'm betting sila ang UEFA Champions for 2007.. hehe..

akala kasi ni abramovich....mabibili nya ang european championship. di pa yata natuto sa experience ng real madrid.GALACTICOS doesn't assure you of any silverware what it guarantees is a big payroll and costs for the club which they eventually pass on to their supporters.

as it is right now,CHELSEA is operating at a loss,meaning their revenue is not enough to cover the clubs maintenance specifically the players' salaries.

and if the rumours are true....mourinho will be on his way out if he still fail to win the champions league this season. :cool:

not greedy mate,outrageously rich!! but dont worry it wont be long till Abromavich goes bankrupt!! :hypocritesmiley:

ha! ha! ha! malayong mangyari 'yun bro....ang hintayin na lang natin eh pag nagsawa na si abramovich sa hobby nya.sa ngayon kasi eh gigil na gigil na makuha ang champions league kaya panay ang shopping ng players...baka naman pag nakuha na nila eh tumigil na sa kakagastos.

maiba nga pala ako.....'wawa naman si sir alex ferguson 'no? matapos kampihan si cristiano ronaldo sa away nila ni ruud,eh mukhang iiwan pa rin sila ng portugal's no. 1 free style diver. tsk tsk tsk :D

ha! ha! ha! malayong mangyari 'yun bro....ang hintayin na lang natin eh pag nagsawa na si abramovich sa hobby nya.sa ngayon kasi eh gigil na gigil na makuha ang champions league kaya panay ang shopping ng players...baka naman pag nakuha na nila eh tumigil na sa kakagastos.

maiba nga pala ako.....'wawa naman si sir alex ferguson 'no? matapos kampihan si cristiano ronaldo sa away nila ni ruud,eh mukhang iiwan pa rin sila ng portugal's no. 1 free style diver. tsk tsk tsk :D

hahaha! pero napanood ko sa news kagabi "Cristiano Ronaldo's mum told him to stay at MANU and honor his contract :upside: . Para sakin kasi magaling sa magaling yang pasikat na yan pero yung ginawa niya sa English...mukhang matagal makalimutan ng mga fans yung antics niya! :grr:

i think patay si Cristiano Ronaldo when the EPL starts this August, asar talo yan sa English fans, pero he should stay at Man Utd, madedevelop siya ni Sir Alex..

Ang tagal magsign ng bagong players ng Man Utd, nakakafrustrate na, sayang yun nasign ng Tottenham na midfielder na galing ng St. Ettiene, badtrip sa ManU na dapat yun..

Ang lakas ng Chelsea pero i think they're still missing a key ingredient sa team nila..ano kaya yun?..

disappointing si Ronaldinho, as well as Wayne Rooney, sana mas magaganda seasons nila once the EPL and Spanish League starts..

some news:

Del Horno close to Valencia switch

MADRID, Spain -- Valencia are close to agreeing a deal to sign Chelsea defender Asier del Horno, the Primera Liga club have confirmed.

Del Horno joined Chelsea on a three-year contract from Athletic Bilbao for 12 million euros ($15m) last June, but failed to live up to expectations during his first season with the English champions.

"Things are at an advanced stage," said president Juan Bautista Soler. "We are waiting for Chelsea to send us some documentation and to finalise an agreement with the player.

"We are trying to make sure he will become a Valencia fullback but we have other options as a back-up. He is a player that meets with the approval of the coach and the sporting director. If we can sign him it will be fantastic."

The 25-year-old left back hit the headlines when he was sent off for a wild challenge on Barcelona forward Lionel Messi during Chelsea's 2-1 defeat at Stamford Bridge in the Champions League first knockout round in February.

He was selected as part of the Spain squad for the World Cup but had to withdraw at the last minute after suffering a recurrence of an Achilles tendon problem.

Meanwhile, Soler played down suggestions the club would sign Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo who has been linked with a move to Spain.

"It's a utopia, a dream and a challenge to try and bring one of the pearls of world football to Valencia but we are making the first moves. It will be very difficult, though."

Rivaldo to retire at end of season

ATHENS, Greece -- Brazilian World Cup winner Rivaldo has revealed he will retire at the end of the forthcoming season.

Rivaldo, 34, whoy plays for Greek club Olympiakos, will call it quits after one more campaign.

The former Barcelona midfielder won the World Cup in 2002 and was voted world and European player of the year in 1999.

"I have already made up my mind. This is going to be my last season as a footballer. I want to finish my career in an Olympiakos shirt," said Rivaldo.

"I want to do something great next season and then I will go to Brazil to get some rest, but I assure everyone that this doesn't mean that I am not going to try my best in my last season at Olympiakos."