The Football Thread

Labuyo

I feel so depressed. Im ou $21 and my team did not make it. Imagine what kind of summer Im going to have.

Why Engalnd Why?

Pre!

You can always come over here then let's watch the games on big screens sa public venues!!

the english premier league may be the world's leading football league but this defeat should bolster the croatia's manager's assessment- that croatia has good players too or that any footballing nation have the chance to win not once but twice against the so-called powerhouses on important tournaments.

OT....

its also high time that the philippines should give serious thought on its soccer program. i wonder what happen to the coke go for goal? the last time i saw a game was in sta barbara in iloilo...and that was 2-3 year ago.. hmmmm... might be nice to rejoin the national team website...

those barotak boys deserve better funding and more stints!!

Its going to be a dull summer here in England...with England's failure to qualify for Euro 08, they estimate a loss of £2 billion in revenue...most of it from sale of lagers in pubs...may plans na buhayin ung home nation tournaments since walang nag qualify among them

There will be a big shake up in the national team and so far Martin O'Niel and the "special one" are current favorites to become the next manager. Marcelo Lippi has already made known his intention/interest in the job

Expect some of the U21 players to be promoted to the first team, specially Agbonlahor and Ashley Young..sama na rin si "Walnut"

And when can 4-3-3 be effective ( Question directed to FCB fans. Which has given your team more results? Messi+Ronaldhinio or Messi+Henry+Ronaldhinio? ) ?

actually, when barca won the champions league a couple of years ago, they did employ a 4-3-3. ronaldinho and messi/giuly in the wings, with eto'o going thru the middle. henry is not used to the system - he always drifted left when he was with arsenal.

also, england used a 4-5-1 (not a 4-3-3) with crouch as the lone striker. mclaren, for some reason, used swp instead of beckham. swp is not used to playing so deep, and thus led to the 2nd goal of croatia (swp tried to catch ivica olic offside).

Edited by damaso

another problem with england is that their team doesnt have an "identity" -or game plan. No one can say that this is how they play- the way the greeks did during its successful euro run- which was stingy defense and terrific set-pieces. Other countries are known for something or have a focal players to run their game the way argentina does with riquelme, france with zidane or those interchanging flank attacks of portugal led by figo and c ronaldo. all i know is that they have multimillionaires who run around without any system of play.

Edited by buntot

forever MANCUNIAN and ENGLAND FC fan here!

STRETFORD END....

MANCHESTER UNITED

THE RED FLAG ! MANCHESTER UNITED ! United's flag is deepest red: it shrouded all our munich dead; before their limbs grew stiff and cold; their heart's blood dyed its ev'ry fold; then raise united's banner high; beneath its shade we'll live and die; so keep the faith and never fear; we'll keep the red flag flying here. "then raise united's banner high; beneath it's shade we'll live and die; so keep the faith and never fear; we'll keep the red flag flying here.WE'LL NEVER DIE WE'LL NEVER DIE WE'LL NEVER DIE, WE'LL NEVER DIE WE'LL KEEP THE RED FLAG FLYING HIGH; CAUSE MAN.UNITED WILL NEVER DIE....... MANCHESTER UNITED FC, WILL NEVER DIE..........

another problem with england is that their team doesnt have an "identity" -or game plan. No one can say that this is how they play- the way the greeks did during its successful euro run- which was stingy defense and terrific set-pieces. Other countries are known for something

yes i agree.. like italy for example.. they are known for boring opponents to death.. :lol: hey, but at least it works.. :D

actually, when barca won the champions league a couple of years ago, they did employ a 4-3-3. ronaldinho and messi/giuly in the wings, with eto'o going thru the middle. henry is not used to the system - he always drifted left when he was with arsenal.

also, england used a 4-5-1 (not a 4-3-3) with crouch as the lone striker. mclaren, for some reason, used swp instead of beckham. swp is not used to playing so deep, and thus led to the 2nd goal of croatia (swp tried to catch ivica olic offside).

Sir. nag 4-3-3 sila nung pinasok si bent and nilabas si J. Cole.

4-4-2 nung inalis si SWP and barry. Pinasok si beckham and defoe

4-5-1 yun yung starting line up.

As much as it pains me to say this. It's true what the CRO coach said. Eventhou macca changes his strategy ot 4-4-2 CRO was still the better side. Ewan ko nga 25 minutes in the game alam ko na na CRO ang mananalo pero hindi ko magawang tumaya laban sa Engalnd. Ang gusto kong Englishman na maging next manager si Shearer. He knows the how to play in the Intl level kahit wala siyang experience sa clubs. He can be the next one.

ah i thought you were talking bout the starting formation.

croatia was talagang the better side, no matter the formation. pero england's best formation will always be the 4-4-2. ang hilig kase sa long ball. the 4-3-3 and 4-5-1 only works when you pass the ball on the ground, and then cross.

galeng nung modric, he controlled the midfield parang deco. gerrard was just running around the whole time. lampard i hardly even noticed.

anyway, who do you think are the favorites to win euro 2008?

no use playing favorites. in the last euro finals, greece was largely unfancied and despite their win, purists do not like their defensive tactics. in the last world cup, france was considered outsiders and yet, as the tournament progressed- zidane showed his greatness until his crucial temper explosion...in the last asian finals, the iraqis won against the powerful korean and japanese sides despite the war....

and if teams like israel and croatia can scare the living daylights out of the highly-fancied and expensive english golden boys... anyone can win...

Edited by buntot
ah i thought you were talking bout the starting formation.

croatia was talagang the better side, no matter the formation. pero england's best formation will always be the 4-4-2. ang hilig kase sa long ball. the 4-3-3 and 4-5-1 only works when you pass the ball on the ground, and then cross.

galeng nung modric, he controlled the midfield parang deco. gerrard was just running around the whole time. lampard i hardly even noticed.

anyway, who do you think are the favorites to win euro 2008?

Can't say yet. Antay muna natin yung draw sa groups bago tayo pumusta. :)

sayang!! dko tinapos ung arsenal wigan game. 65mins wala pa dn nkakascore. t**.

with manu loosing, did red shirt loose money again?...

anyways real draw lang against murcia. 1-1

and barcelona wins against recrativo. 3-0

$27 last night alone.

I had an accumulator

MANU,CHE,ARS to win

MANU -1 AH, CHE -1.5/2 AH, ARS -1/1.5 AH

MANU,CHE,ARS Draw no bet

ARS to win the 1st half

I will be taking a gambling break. Never have I lost this much money in a week wherein I am not in a relationship. :P

Glory Glory Manchester United. f#&k Pique and ship the motherf#&ker back to the reserves!

The reasons why MANU lost is because:

1. C. Ronaldo did not feature

2. Pique's mistake made the game a very tense one. Even fergie got sent off. I think he had to SMS Queroz for instructions.

if you were surprised...

I had a mild stroke!

Yaan mo next game naman ng ManU is with Fulham.....sure ball na yan...lest Pique has another brilliant moment and then you might have full blown CVA :P

Fulham's Healy is on fire..making the record for most goals scored during the last Euro qualification round, so he would be the guy to watch out

...just seen the highlights of the Man U v Bolton game...Hargraves had 2-3 great chances from free kicks..malas lang talaga

Yaan mo next game naman ng ManU is with Fulham.....sure ball na yan...lest Pique has another brilliant moment and then you might have full blown CVA :P

Fulham's Healy is on fire..making the record for most goals scored during the last Euro qualification round, so he would be the guy to watch out

...just seen the highlights of the Man U v Bolton game...Hargraves had 2-3 great chances from free kicks..malas lang talaga

I'll have a CVA if C. Ronaldo dosen't play and Fergie decides to put in Eagles and Pique allong with that dummy wes brown!

I know. Tevez had a couple too. Props to Jussi he mad a very fine save to keep out Hargraves. Im tyring to save myself a bit. I took on Blackburn to beat Fulham by one clear goal atleast. 2-0 or 3-1 to Blackburn. Depending on how well Friedel and Sta. Cruz plays today.

I'll have a CVA if C. Ronaldo dosen't play and Fergie decides to put in Eagles and Pique allong with that dummy wes brown!

I know. Tevez had a couple too. Props to Jussi he mad a very fine save to keep out Hargraves. Im tyring to save myself a bit. I took on Blackburn to beat Fulham by one clear goal atleast. 2-0 or 3-1 to Blackburn. Depending on how well Friedel and Sta. Cruz plays today.

You should have taken a break from betting...it was 2-2 midway in the 2nd half...before I decided to go up and finish up my ironing! hehe...I need to do something more productive than watching Balckburn and Fulham....

sana bga maka goal pa ang Blackburn..specially Sta Cruz or Bentley...para naman maka habol ako sa 100+ deficit ko sa inyo ni xycho sa fantasy EPL!! B)

***pahabol...just checked the score its a draw between Fulham and Blackburn...puro mga defenders pa ang naka score sa Blackburn

Edited by mojo2NV