The Football Thread

Labuyo

not that man u was stupid...man u was a plc...or a publicy listed coropration...that means that their shares are publicly traded and hence do not have any control as to who sells of buys...while the fans tried to stop the purchase by picketing the grounds their actions were reduced to that....just picketing the grounds

true....americans wouldn't know football until it hit them on the head....heck they even call it soccer while the rest of the world calls it football...that is why while i cheered for brazil in every wc since the 70's i detest usa in the wc...i feel they do not have the pedigree or class to be considered a force in the world stage

I think the US team got thrashed by germany last friendly game (4-1).

^ then by your reasoning, the socceroos should not be there?

i don't think the way soccer/football is named is enough reason to hate a team (ok, i hate the french team because of my france sucks philosophy :lol:)

sa bundesliga din yata, publicly listed companies ang mga teams, like bayer leverkusen...

BTW, just when Pinoy footie is improving, the Aussies arrive at the AFC and were placed at the ASEAN zone, which means they'll play at the tiger cup late this year... talo nanaman tayo :boo:

Most bundesliga clubs are publicly listed, and guess what... they're all losing money. Teams like BVB, Leverkeusen, and others are losing money because of their investors. Parang stock market kasi ang dating nyan eh.

ManU, I think is the 1st English team who are pursuing this type of management, and somehow the EPL is kinda thinking of letting the other Clubs to do the same. Para sa akin di yun maganda cause pag walang magiinvest sayo wala kang proper funding. Next thing you'll know is that you'll see the clubs in the stock market.

i would think it would be good for Rafa that he can offload Cisse....becos he simply play on his own. football is a team game, not a one man show....it would be good that Liverpool can exchange Cisse for Defoe.... :thumbsupsmiley:

you'll never walk alone

boo... 'di uso ang trades sa football... it will be great if cissé can wear the white and dark blue jersey of tottenham...

but it will also infuse a new headache for martin jol... the poor dutchman may eventually lose all the hair left on his head when deciding on who to field... will it be cissé, defoe, robbie keane, or mido?...

however, there are news spreading in north london that keane may not return for the spurs next season... :(

Ang problema kay Jol is masyado nyang binibigyan ng emphasis ngayon si Mido. Sayang si Defoe, baka di sya makuha sa English team dahil di sya nakakapaglaro ng maayos.

Mido is a great striker, consistent and efficient..

As for Cisse, much is still desire, overhyped siya masyado, some experts are even saying that Cisse is a better striker than Drogba but that still remains to be proven, for me, maybe he can improve when he goes to the spurs, trezeguet & henry are still a better combination for me for france..

I hope the Glazers takeover can help ManU improve, nagpromise na sila that they'll infuse the club w/ transfer money for this coming offseason, sana magawa nila yun ginawa nila sa Tampa Bay Buccaneers, after 3 years of taking over, nagchampion Tampa Bay sa NFL (di ako sure dito ah, narinig ko lang to sa sportscenter dati)..

kaya nman nagdecline ang ManU kasi tapos na ang peak ng success nila, in all great teams may rebuilding phase talaga, Chicago Bulls & LA Lakers sa Basketball, naka-ilang championships sila tapos after nun, rebuild di ba? sa Football, dati buraot Barcelona tpos ngayon success na ulit, Bayern Leverkusen, nagchampion dati sa CL tpos ngayon decline ulit, Monaco, Ajax, PSV, daming pwedeng examples ng rebuilding teams..maghintay lang tayo lahat pag lumakas ulit ang ManU!!!

pero ang galing ni Sir Alex, nagrrebuild siya ngayon ng team pero 2nd pa din sila sa EPL, talo pa ang Liverpool na mas maraming pera para makakuha ng better players, galing nga eh..

whats scary is the purchase of ManU by the Glazers put all the debt into ManU's books which means the club itself is in big debt. If ManU doesn't get a profitable season in the next few years they might end up like Fiorentina where in the clubs became bankrupt due to the overwelming debt. this would mean selling its big players to repay the debt when the time comes.

Mido is a great striker, consistent and efficient..

As for Cisse, much is still desire, overhyped siya masyado, some experts are even saying that Cisse is a better striker than Drogba but that still remains to be proven, for me, maybe he can improve when he goes to the spurs, trezeguet & henry are still a better combination for me for france..

I hope the Glazers takeover can help ManU improve, nagpromise na sila that they'll infuse the club w/ transfer money for this coming offseason, sana magawa nila yun ginawa nila sa Tampa Bay Buccaneers, after 3 years of taking over, nagchampion Tampa Bay sa NFL (di ako sure dito ah, narinig ko lang to sa sportscenter dati)..

kaya nman nagdecline ang ManU kasi tapos na ang peak ng success nila, in all great teams may rebuilding phase talaga, Chicago Bulls & LA Lakers sa Basketball, naka-ilang championships sila tapos after nun, rebuild di ba? sa Football, dati buraot Barcelona tpos ngayon success na ulit, Bayern Leverkusen, nagchampion dati sa CL tpos ngayon decline ulit, Monaco, Ajax, PSV, daming pwedeng examples ng rebuilding teams..maghintay lang tayo lahat pag lumakas ulit ang ManU!!!

pero ang galing ni Sir Alex, nagrrebuild siya ngayon ng team pero 2nd pa din sila sa EPL, talo pa ang Liverpool na mas maraming pera para makakuha ng better players, galing nga eh..

fergie is a good manger,you got that right but as most united fans say,he is past hist best.pwede naman cguro cya sa england nldng wag na manu yung coach nlng ng internazionale or yung asistant coach na dati taga real madrid,mahusay din yun si carlos keiroj ata name non,if the owners of manu dnt do things right(monetray wise)the club will indeed plummit all the way down,magrerely nanaman sila sa schools nila to breed new talent which does not have much good palyers right now.ang best academy daw kasi at the moment is the west ham school.nagdedecline na sila napapansin din ng investors look at vodafone,they cut the deal for the sponsorship short...this poses a predicament for manu.anyweiz...glory glory man united parin ako! yes its a good fixture for the fa cup!!!

i cant believe im saying this but,go liverpool!!!(the least of two evils!!!) :P

liverpool 3-1 against everton with only 10 men when gerrard was sent off..... hopefully they can make a push for 2nd and hope manu falters a bit :P

i hope liverpool falls to fith

dapat ang final standings

manu

che

tot

ars

liv

its time to let the totenham guys get a shot at the cl.

pasensya na nalilito ako sa pag quote... :hypocritesmiley:

Arsenal to play Juventus tonight, hmm, no offense sa Arsenal ah..pero i predict, 1-0 to the Italian champions, strong defense & a wonderful midfield in Emerson, Vierra, Nedved, with clinical finishers like Trezeguet, Del Pierro, Imbrahimovic..a great game from Henry, Fabregas, Hleb & Arsenal's defense for them to win..

wag nman natin apihin ang Sunderland, masakit pag inaaapi ang team mo, mapa-liverpool, chelsea or manchester united..matuwa lang pag nananalo ang team mo or pag natatalo ang kalaban ng team mo hehehe..

Giannakopoulos of Bolton going to Liverpool..

Top goal scorers in Europe:

1.) Luca Toni of Fiorentina (Serie A): 25 goals,

2.) Samuel Eto'o of Barcelona (La Liga): 22 goals,

3.) Klaas Jan Huntelaar of Ajax (Dutch Erividiese): 21 goals..

who will win the golden boot?..

Arsenal to play Juventus tonight, hmm, no offense sa Arsenal ah..pero i predict, 1-0 to the Italian champions, strong defense & a wonderful midfield in Emerson, Vierra, Nedved, with clinical finishers like Trezeguet, Del Pierro, Imbrahimovic..a great game from Henry, Fabregas, Hleb & Arsenal's defense for them to win..

wag nman natin apihin ang Sunderland, masakit pag inaaapi ang team mo, mapa-liverpool, chelsea or manchester united..matuwa lang pag nananalo ang team mo or pag natatalo ang kalaban ng team mo hehehe..

Giannakopoulos of Bolton going to Liverpool..

Top goal scorers in Europe:

1.) Luca Toni of Fiorentina (Serie A): 25 goals,

2.) Samuel Eto'o of Barcelona (La Liga): 22 goals,

3.) Klaas Jan Huntelaar of Ajax (Dutch Erividiese): 21 goals..

who will win the golden boot?..

rudd vanistelrooij!!!!!!! :D

i hope liverpool falls to fith

dapat ang final standings

manu

che

tot

ars

liv

its time to let the totenham guys get a shot at the cl. 

pasensya na nalilito ako sa pag quote... :hypocritesmiley:

lol..... a true manu fan..... well realistically chelsea is the runaway champion..... manu and liverpool are battling for 2 and 3 while arsenal and totenham are fighting for the last cl placing.... you will never walk alone....

astig may mga merchandise ng favorite football clubs nila..ako meron ako nung sharp & nike na jersey ng ManU, pati un yellow & red na jersey ng Liverpool, pati un sa Chelsea na jersey..la ko Arsenal jersey..meron din ako AC Milan, Argentina nat'l team..may cap ako ng Manchester United, un puti ng nike, dapat nga bibili ako nung cortez na white na may ManU logo sa likod kaso naubos na daw nung bibili na kami..

meron ako dati Juve, kaso binigay ko sa friend ko..

nagbbenta sila ng soccer jerseys sa olympic city ba un, 1200 lang, may mga pangalan pa, henry of arsenal, van nisterooy, rooney, ronaldo of manU, gerrard ng liverpool, basta, nagulat nga ko 1200 lang, sa ibang shops e 2000+ un..