The Football Thread

Labuyo

henry is french. reyes is spaniard. arsenal is a very good team, theyve come unbeaten for the last 47 matches. record breaking. if there is something about arsenal, its their speed in ball handling. ull see 3 to 4 touches in the mid field itself. they dont play high and long balls, which explains why beckham services is not required.

arsenal's formation is very much english in standard, strong defense. but the speed of the game is obviously spanish which makes them fast the very much penetrating.

i like arsenal, though im a manutd fan.

i'm not an avid follower of european football but i watch from time to time.. wala lang, i just want to ask why there are no followers of arsenal here. napanood ko sila one time, ang husay ni thierry henry grabe. for all i know, he may be a brazilian with the way he plays

it's more of a marketing thing...there is no denying that manutd is biggest sporting club (worth more than $1B) because of its widespread fan base...there are manutd bars in north america and manutd stores in singapore...even real madrid admitted that they are the most successful club in european football but still have to overtake manutd in terms of marketing success...so that could be one reason why arsenal may seem to have less fans despite their very strong showing for last couple of seasons

after getting spectacular results in champions league matches, both real madrid and man utd have disappointed in domestic matches. real loses 1-0 to a struggline deportivo and man utd manages to draw with middlesborough 1-1 from a last minute hearder off sub alan smith...it looks like another disappointing season for the two biggest clubs in the world

on the other hand, chelsea looks strong in both champions and epl while barca is reaping the fruits of their signings - larsson, eto'o, deco and giuly

after getting spectacular results in champions league matches, both real madrid and man utd have disappointed in domestic matches. real loses 1-0 to a struggline deportivo and man utd manages to draw with middlesborough 1-1 from a last minute hearder off sub alan smith...it looks like another disappointing season for the two biggest clubs in the world

on the other hand, chelsea looks strong in both champions and epl while barca is reaping the fruits of their signings - larsson, eto'o, deco and giuly while juve is leading serie a with some thanks to ibrahimovic

hello peepz.... i'm a fan of CHELSEA, eventhough hindi sila ganun kasikat or kagaling

chelsea is also popular in asia, particularly in singapore...but i would have to disagree with you....their form in epl and in champions league shows that they have the talent to win either one...or even both

morinho has given them a lift from the sidelines plus drogba has been very impressive....they can only improve one robben returns from injury...makelele clearly shows how real misses his services at midfield

from the espnstar website:

saturday - 10/9 - 2:55am England-Wales Euro Under-21 Championship (replay 9:55am)

saturday - 10/9 - 10:00pm England-Wales World Cup Qualifying (replay 10/10 10:00am)

Both games at starsports

interesting to watch the under-21 just to see how far the philippines has fallen in the world football

for the seniors...will owen be playing?...he has been declared fit to play but will eriksson call him up...his latest form in la liga has been disappointing lending more tooth to early claims that his decision to join real will hurt his chances for suiting up for the national team...we'll have to see

also looking for a friendly game.used to have playmates in cuenca park in alabang.if there's anyone interested maybe we could form one pang night futbol here in south.

dude.....

la bang team dito na pwede masalihan?

am a football player sa school namen.. haven't played football for a year.. just want get my stamina back..

i'm not that good... but I'll make it sure that I'll play

have a friend who has a futbol clinic for high schools in south.kung konti pa lang tayo, we could play with them. any takers?

also looking for a friendly game.used to have playmates in cuenca park in alabang.if there's anyone interested maybe we could form one pang night futbol here in south.

Would love to join you guys... I'm from Alabang... problem is I'll have to wait after I get my ACL operation...

But if you want to have a game setup.... let me know... my brother's play football in Cuenca or the Club regularly... B)

have a friend who has a futbol clinic for high schools in south.kung konti pa lang tayo, we could play with them. any takers?

will espn really show the games live because it happened before that they were showing schedules of games yet when the day and time comes they started showing some chinese basketball crap.

i think our espn/star are beamed from espn/star taiwan so we are dependent on the viewing habits of the taiwanese...that's why we get a lot of chinese basketball and billards

sama ako dyan sa soccer games. just tell me when and where punta ako. i am from makati pero ok lang kahit sa alabang maglaro.

ba_to do u play futsal? where? i have some friends from the net that planning to set up a futsal group that could play weekly. we are just having a hard time looking for a venue to play.