Rolex Watches

meatpacker426

And the authentication fee now is 1000pesos & The Rolex watch stays with them for 1week

ONE week?! WTF ... it won't take more than an hour to check the hallmarks for authenticity. Does it really take that long to determine if the watch has been reported stolen or otherwise have some ownership issues? :thumbsdownsmiley:

Nice pictures btw.

^^

correction, authentication takes 2 wks. and no certification will be given... what a bummer. ang gusto ata nila e magpa-authenticate din yung next owner if you decide to sell the watch.

[/quo

2 weeks na!! Since when? Got 4 pcs to bring pa naman. How about the fee Sir? Tumaas ba ulit?

ONE week?! WTF ... it won't take more than an hour to check the hallmarks for authenticity. Does it really take that long to determine if the watch has been reported stolen or otherwise have some ownership issues? :thumbsdownsmiley:

Nice pictures btw.

Boss , Kasi fake (replicas) nowadays are really getting better that even the numbers on the end links looks authentic.

They really have to examine the watch from inside.

I have an uncle who wears a submariner 5512 for years . But turns out to be fake!! :thumbsdownsmiley: " A SWISS MADE REPLICA"

Not those made in China or Korea :thumbsdownsmiley:

if i may comment, normally it does take around a week or two once your bring in your unit to the rolex service center. from what i have experienced, aside from checking the authenticity of the watch, once you bring it in i think it is mandatory that they check the whole unit, service it and clean it as well.

but am sure they will be willing to check, as in just check, ie. you can bring your watch with you when you leave, if your watch is a fake or not. if you would like to have it checked if it's stolen or not may take a longer time.

expensive...yes, if you have your watch serviced at the center, but then again for me it's worth it. i have even tried restoring a few vintage ones, as in wind up versions and so far they have been ok in restoring, as in parang bago but you pay the price for it. tho there was a time that they gave up on a old unit from my dad, sobrang luma na daw and even if they send it to hongkong di na daw gagawin yun.

you can also try lucern or washington as they are accredited rolex dealers, but it's basically the same in terms of waiting time and price.

am not really a watch fanatic, am just lucky my dad is....hinihingi ko lang sa kanya pag nagsawa na siya.

Edited by mild seven
Boss , Kasi fake (replicas) nowadays are really getting better that even the numbers on the end links looks authentic.

They really have to examine the watch from inside.

I have an uncle who wears a submariner 5512 for years . But turns out to be fake!! :thumbsdownsmiley: " A SWISS MADE REPLICA"

Not those made in China or Korea :thumbsdownsmiley:

BRO I THINK THERE IS NO SWISS MADE REPLICA

^^

correction, authentication takes 2 wks. and no certification will be given... what a bummer. ang gusto ata nila e magpa-authenticate din yung next owner if you decide to sell the watch.

CORRECTION LANG DIN SA PINAS LANG AKO NAKABASA ABOUT ROLEX (authentication takes 2 wks. and no certification will be given) KUNG AYAW NYO MANIWALA SA AKIN OK LANG! AS FAR AS I KNOW ROLEX DOESNT DO BUSINESS LIKE THIS! CAREFUL!!!! PINA AUTHENTICATE NYO DAHIL NABILI NYO NG WALANG PAPERS OR SA GRAY MARKET NYO NABILI, PUPUSTAHAN KO KAYO MGA KABAYAN WALANG SERVICE CENTRE ANG ROLEX NA NAG AUTHENTICATE AND ONLY AUTHORIZED DEALER CAN TELL YOU IF YOUR WATCH ARE FAKE OR NOT. HINDI DIN NILA SASAYANGIN YUNG TIME NILA KUNG HINDI MO KAYANG PATUNAYAN KUNG SA AUTHORIZE DEALER NYO NABILI YUNG WATCH OR LEGI. YUNG PAPERS KASI NGA ALL SWISS MADE OR SWISS WATCH GOT INTERNATIONAL WARRANTY. FOR SHORT PINEPERAHAN LANG KAYO NUNG PINUPUNTAHAN NYO! AND IF YOU DONT HAVE THIS INFO. FOR YOUR WATCH IM SURE YOU GOT A FAKE ONE.

if i may comment, normally it does take around a week or two once your bring in your unit to the rolex service center. from what i have experienced, aside from checking the authenticity of the watch, once you bring it in i think it is mandatory that they check the whole unit, service it and clean it as well.

but am sure they will be willing to check, as in just check, ie. you can bring your watch with you when you leave, if your watch is a fake or not. if you would like to have it checked if it's stolen or not may take a longer time.

expensive...yes, if you have your watch serviced at the center, but then again for me it's worth it. i have even tried restoring a few vintage ones, as in wind up versions and so far they have been ok in restoring, as in parang bago but you pay the price for it. tho there was a time that they gave up on a old unit from my dad, sobrang luma na daw and even if they send it to hongkong di na daw gagawin yun.

you can also try lucern or washington as they are accredited rolex dealers, but it's basically the same in terms of waiting time and price.

am not really a watch fanatic, am just lucky my dad is....hinihingi ko lang sa kanya pag nagsawa na siya.

ROLEX AUTHORIZE DEALER CAN TELL IF YOUR WATCH ARE FAKE OR NOT WITHIN 15 min.

ROLEX AUTHORIZE DEALER CAN TELL IF YOUR WATCH ARE FAKE OR NOT WITHIN 15 min.

yup no question about that. as i said, am just not sure how long it will take if you want to know if your watch is stolen or not.

actually i had an experience a few years back, i was having one serviced, it was a hand me down from my dad as usual, it was a solid gold president bracelet men's size, a 2nd hand actually, didn't know where my dad got it from. lo and behold after a few minutes the receptionist gave me back one piece of the bracelet link and told me it was a fake (tho it was pure gold) or not an original rolex piece. asked her if there were other pieces that were fake and she told me that it was only that particular one. luckily, i had spare links in the house and just bought it back for them to replace the fake one.

sa mga experts sa watch. Nag aapreciate ba value ng rolex in time or nagdedepreciate? I am planning to buy one kasi for my wife? Or may ibang watches pa na maganda na nagaapreciate ang value in time. thanks in advance sa replies.

NAG AAPRECIATE ANG VALUE BUT IT DEPENDS ON MODELS (ONLY LIMITED EDITION LANG ANG NAG AAPRECIATE HINDI KO ALAM ANO LAKARAN DYAN SA PINAS) KAYA IWAS SA MGA BOLERO!!!!

Nice pictures btw.

I AGREE WITH YOU 'Solitude00' SAW YOUR PIC. OF BLUE LABEL IM COLLECTING THOSE ONE AS WELL ASIDE FROM WATCHES IM STILL LOOKING FOR THE RED LABEL THEN OK NA, GOT ALREADY THE BLUE, GREEN AND THE BLACK LABEL.

REGARDING NAMAN SA TOPIC ABOUT ROLEX KUNG WORTH IT FOR ME HINDI LALO NA NGAYON DAMI REPLICA ALAM NYO BA DITO SA EUROPE WELL KNOWN PEOPLE BUY REPLICA INSTEAD OF ORIGINAL KASI THEY HAVE GOOD PRACTICAL REASON. FIRST SINO MAGLALAKAS NG LOOB MAGSABI SA KANILA NA FAKE OR REPLICA ANG WATCH NILA WALA DIBA. PERO DEPENDE PARIN KUNG HOBBY NYO MANGOLEKTA OK MY ADVISE IS KUNG MAY PERA KAYO SIYEMPRE YUNG ORIGINAL NA. PERO KUNG PANG OPISINA LANG OR CASUAL I WOULD RECOMEND RADO CLASSIC WALA SANA MAGAGALIT!! COZ ITS A GOOD THOUGH WATCH, I LIKE ROLEX WATCH KASO NGA PARA SA AKIN HINDI WORTH IT PERO I RESPECT ALL YOUR COMMENTS ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

I AGREE WITH YOU 'Solitude00' SAW YOUR PIC. OF BLUE LABEL IM COLLECTING THOSE ONE AS WELL ASIDE FROM WATCHES IM STILL LOOKING FOR THE RED LABEL THEN OK NA, GOT ALREADY THE BLUE, GREEN AND THE BLACK LABEL.

REGARDING NAMAN SA TOPIC ABOUT ROLEX KUNG WORTH IT FOR ME HINDI LALO NA NGAYON DAMI REPLICA ALAM NYO BA DITO SA EUROPE WELL KNOWN PEOPLE BUY REPLICA INSTEAD OF ORIGINAL KASI THEY HAVE GOOD PRACTICAL REASON. FIRST SINO MAGLALAKAS NG LOOB MAGSABI SA KANILA NA FAKE OR REPLICA ANG WATCH NILA WALA DIBA. PERO DEPENDE PARIN KUNG HOBBY NYO MANGOLEKTA OK MY ADVISE IS KUNG MAY PERA KAYO SIYEMPRE YUNG ORIGINAL NA. PERO KUNG PANG OPISINA LANG OR CASUAL I WOULD RECOMEND RADO CLASSIC WALA SANA MAGAGALIT!! COZ ITS A GOOD THOUGH WATCH, I LIKE ROLEX WATCH KASO NGA PARA SA AKIN HINDI WORTH IT PERO I RESPECT ALL YOUR COMMENTS ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Bro, in Europe I think Red Label is only used for cooking, if at all - I don't recall ever seeing it there (though Germany and Spain pa lang napuntahan ko diyan). Hehehe ... dito sa Pinas wala pang 500 pesos yan sa Convenience Store.

Para di off-topic ... I'd recommend an old Tudor if you really want a "Rolex" for cheap. Hehehe. Class A replicas are expensive din (these are the ones that use Swiss generic ETA movements and are built to look like the real thing) ... USD 1,000 and up - a fraction of the price of a Rolex but still pretty damn expensive for a fake. Hahaha.

CORRECTION LANG DIN SA PINAS LANG AKO NAKABASA ABOUT ROLEX (authentication takes 2 wks. and no certification will be given) KUNG AYAW NYO MANIWALA SA AKIN OK LANG! AS FAR AS I KNOW ROLEX DOESNT DO BUSINESS LIKE THIS! CAREFUL!!!! PINA AUTHENTICATE NYO DAHIL NABILI NYO NG WALANG PAPERS OR SA GRAY MARKET NYO NABILI, PUPUSTAHAN KO KAYO MGA KABAYAN WALANG SERVICE CENTRE ANG ROLEX NA NAG AUTHENTICATE AND ONLY AUTHORIZED DEALER CAN TELL YOU IF YOUR WATCH ARE FAKE OR NOT. HINDI DIN NILA SASAYANGIN YUNG TIME NILA KUNG HINDI MO KAYANG PATUNAYAN KUNG SA AUTHORIZE DEALER NYO NABILI YUNG WATCH OR LEGI. YUNG PAPERS KASI NGA ALL SWISS MADE OR SWISS WATCH GOT INTERNATIONAL WARRANTY. FOR SHORT PINEPERAHAN LANG KAYO NUNG PINUPUNTAHAN NYO! AND IF YOU DONT HAVE THIS INFO. FOR YOUR WATCH IM SURE YOU GOT A FAKE ONE.

easy what you wish for.

while it is true that the watch that i bought for the wifey is not brand new and doesn't possess papers (thus the necessity for authentication), your statement that "WALANG SERVICE CENTRE ANG ROLEX NA NAG AUTHENTICATE" isn't. instead of betting on something you are not familiar with, i suggest you give the service center here a ring (better yet, give them a visit if you know where it is) and verify it for yourself.

geesh, for somebody who claims to know about rolex, you sure talk funny.

easy what you wish for.

while it is true that the watch that i bought for the wifey is not brand new and doesn't possess papers (thus the necessity for authentication), your statement that "WALANG SERVICE CENTRE ANG ROLEX NA NAG AUTHENTICATE" isn't. instead of betting on something you are not familiar with, i suggest you give the service center here a ring (better yet, give them a visit if you know where it is) and verify it for yourself.

natawa ako dun.... ;)

actually may question lang ako, because obviously i haven't experienced it....what if nakaw nga yun rolex mo, you bring it to the rolex service center to have it checked and they confirm it's stolen, pano yun di na nila babalik sayo yun relo mo? e' what if bayad na yun sa pinagbilhan mo? just asking.

easy what you wish for.

Galit ka ba bro gano ba kalawak alam mo sa rolex at yan ang nabili mong relo para sa wifey mo just want you to know i do my homework and nasa tao na kung maniniwala o hindi diba! Yang pinagmamalaki mong service centre ayan ba yung nasa makati. Ayon kasi sa Rolex yung sa makati lang ang registered service centre nila and kaya me nag comment dito dahil din sa isang entry na ( one to two weeks mo iiwan pero walang papers thats a crap! bro). Peace bro!

easy what you wish for.

Bro pasensya ka na ha ito palang mga na colect ko! at dahil sa lawak ng alam mo sa rolex bibili ako pero hindi doon sa pinagbilan mo malayo para sa akin eh!

post-133279-1235121811.jpg

post-133279-1235121823.jpg

easy what you wish for.

Kung dito mo dinala yung rolex watch na nabili mo (Rolex Centre Phil. Limited G/F Corinthian Plaza 121 Paseo De Roxas, Makati tel. no. +632 811 3029) Suko ako bro taas kamay ko sayo pero kung hindi ito yung sinasabi mo ayoko naman makipaglokohan sayo!!

Ang point ko lang naman bibili ka ng mamahaling relo na di ka sure kung ok at kailangan mo pa na ikaw magpa aunthenticate sino sa tingin mo, niloloko mo yung seller, service centre or sarili mo hindi kaya sayang lang pera mo. Ayoko lang may mangloloko at nagpapaloko!!!

The big deal about Rolex is that they are self-winding and keep reasonably good time. Fifty years ago that was a big deal but now even a cheap watch will keep perfect time and you only have to change the battery every few years; cheap and easy. So if you are spending your money to know the correct time you could do it more cheaply. I have, from time to time, worn a reasonably authentic fake Rolex; the only noticeable effect I could see was that wherever I went prices seemed to have increased by 15%. Needless to say, that Rolex has been retired.

1shooter, i don't have as much watches as you do. but even if i did, i probably wouldn't post their pictures here to to defend my point of view. it just seems classless to me.

to be honest, i only have one rolex. graduation gift pa ng parents ko a dozen years or so. but really, i'm okay with it. that doesn't make me an expert on rolexes. but it doesn't make me ignorant either.

and this i know, the rolex center here (yes the very one you listed; there isn't any other) does accept authentication services. kaya ko sinabi na dapat bago ka mag post ng mga katagang "pupusta ako" eh dapat sigurado ka sa sinasabi mo. obviously you haven't done your homework thoroughly.

kaya ako nag react ng ganoon, kasi essentially, you were calling me a liar despite your ignorance. do you think i'm just some 21 y/o posting here just to impress the asses off of the psps here. bec. trully, that's how i see you.

with regards to your last point- "Ang point ko lang naman bibili ka ng mamahaling relo na di ka sure kung ok at kailangan mo pa na ikaw magpa aunthenticate," ang tawag diyan ay calculated risk. i have basic knowledge on how rolexes look and feel and i bought the watch from a well known 2nd hand dealer whose shop is also in greenbelt, just accross the street from the rolex center, and they promised that if ever there was something wrong with the watch, i could take it back. i was confident that they would still be there after 2 weeks since 1) they've been occupants of that stall for years, and 2) malabong tatakbo sila just for one delinquent watch. i could go on and on, but i think that will suffice.

my unsolicited advice to you is, post from an informed vantage point. if you don't, try not to alienate others by passing judgement on them. and don't pass your limited knowledge as gospel truth. afterall, nobody knows everything.

i hope you take that last part constructively and with little grain of salt.

sorry guys, isa pa. sinisipag ako.

the big deal about rolex could be summarized in this description i read somewhere that said: there is a pyramid of 50 or so top brand watches in the world, and right at the apex of this is rolex and patek.

all those 50 brands are known for their craftsmanship. essentially, that's what you are paying for (along with marketing costs :D). however, not all collectible watches hold their price equally. which ones exactly, i leave to the experts.

personally, i'm happy with my 14 y/o tag w/c i wear everyday.

Edited by kanski