Rolex Watches

meatpacker426

I think you are looking on the auction for the 127 right now. :)

If you can see the collection of the pinoy doctor on the lifestyle magazine.. its nice to look at too.

Wow your pams are rare! LE 200 and 500!! WoW! Thou the most expensive pams right now are those vintage pams which are powered by Rolex .. and very hard to find too.. I found a site where Pinoy watch collectors share their passion for watches nga pala sir! I think you will enjoy it there, I just don't know if its ok to post other forum sites here.

Yup lionel, 1,000php ang pagpapauthenticate sa Rolex.. sana nga bigyan ka man lang ng certificate na na-authenticate na nila at OK kinalabasan para hindi na pa-authenticate ulit ng buyer, etc.

Sir JockeyJake, There's a new ruling at Rolex Phil. You have to allow Rolex Phil.to examine your watch for one week!

Yes iiwanan mo ung Relo for one week!!!!

sa mga experts sa watch. Nag aapreciate ba value ng rolex in time or nagdedepreciate? I am planning to buy one kasi for my wife? Or may ibang watches pa na maganda na nagaapreciate ang value in time. thanks in advance sa replies.

rolex appreciates over time ... for example in 2000 i got a rolex explorer 2 for P125K i think its over 200 grand now.

rolex appreciates over time ... for example in 2000 i got a rolex explorer 2 for P125K i think its over 200 grand now.

those are brand new prices you've listed. if you were to sell your used watch, you'd probably still be able to get what you paid for it. so in essence, parang nilagay mo lang ang pera mo sa aparador for 9 yrs. (which is a poor way to invest).

unless the watch in question is really rare, it would probably be asking too much for it to be an investment piece. rather, why not just enjoy it for what it is- a good instrument for telling time that makes you proud wearing it.

those are brand new prices you've listed. if you were to sell your used watch, you'd probably still be able to get what you paid for it. so in essence, parang nilagay mo lang ang pera mo sa aparador for 9 yrs. (which is a poor way to invest).

unless the watch in question is really rare, it would probably be asking too much for it to be an investment piece. rather, why not just enjoy it for what it is- a good instrument for telling time that makes you proud wearing it.

I agree with you on some of your observation that the price i quoted above are brand new price. I am not really sure how much the "resale value' of this will be at present but taking your word for it, I would probably get what I paid for (or maybe in my humble opinion a little bit higher). Generally, buyers of Rolex watch buy the watch because they can afford it and probably don't have the intent of selling it in the long run. Most if not all would just pass them down from one generation to another.

Having said that, I just want to comment on your statement being a "poor way to invest" ... which I beg to disagree. I think you're being too technical about it ... equating it via P+I.

Technically speaking in making an investment what you hope for is to be able to receive or get back the following ... principal + interest (or capital appreciation in some cases). As we all know, watches in general depreciates in value once you've purchased it. A swatch watch for example that is priced P10K won't fetch that value 10-20 years down the line don't you think? In the case of the Rolex, since down the line you're still able to get what you paid for, this satisfy the first qualification of a good investment which is to get back your principal. As for the interest ...well interest is defined probably as the cost for using the asset (CASH/Princiapal). In short its the opportunity cost that your money would have earned if you did not use it to purchase a ROLEX (ie anywhere from 1%-5% p.a. assuming its in time deposit). However, interest or cost of using the asset can also be equated for the time that you've enjoyed when you wear that piece of watch. Definitely, there should also be a "value" equated for using your ROLEX ... just like for example in a car rental or simply a custume rental fee. Sounds fair don't you think?

Generally, buyers of Rolex watch buy the watch because they can afford it and probably don't have the intent of selling it in the long run.

didn't i just say this? well, not verbatim.

..I think you're being too technical about it ... equating it via P+I.

Technically speaking in making an investment...

i'm being to technical about it? and yet you retorted by technically speaking? hmm...

to be honest, you lost me after 'technically speaking.' really, didn't want to bother with the rest. if you think that, all that you've written, if it's going to make sleep better at night, then cool.

cheers!

rolex watches are definitely worth it because they are potential family heirlooms.

http://www.dream-watches.co.uk/images_watches/699a.jpg

mine (a submariner big crown) was given to me by my old man which he bought during the vietnam war. the watch still bears some scratches of his courage.

can anyone point me to a store that sells mechanical winders for self-winding watches? if you already own one, can you state how much did you get it for besides the where?

i just feel embarassed to enter all the watch stores and ask them one by one (what can i say, shy ako). thanks a mil to the bloke(s) who can spare the minute to do so.

I got 1 watch winding 16k 4 watches ang pwede... Bought it sa trinoma ground floor not sure bout the shop name... They also got the 9k but only for 1 watch... They told me that warranty covers for a year n will be sent for repair sa lucerne, so that means lucerne also have this thing...

wow ok pala rolex! thanks for the reply

For the second-hand watch market in the Phils ... a late 90's model (10 year old) Rolex in excellent condition with box and papers generally goes for approximately 75-80% of what you would pay for a brand-new model today. I guess appreciation would only occur for limited edition models. Just like luxury cars, not all Rolexes are created equal. :rolleyes:

The same watch without box and papers would probably go for 35-40% of brand new only. You can get some nice looking authentic Rolex Oyster Perpetuals for 60K to 75K from the gray market. Of course, with no box and papers, it's your lookout if you want to bring said watches to the Rolex service center - if the original owner reported it as stolen, you may have it confiscated. Best practice for a no box / papers watch is to have the watch authenticated at the Rolex center before purchase. Be prepared to pay for the authentication fee. Hehe.

For the second-hand watch market in the Phils ... a late 90's model (10 year old) Rolex in excellent condition with box and papers generally goes for approximately 75-80% of what you would pay for a brand-new model today. I guess appreciation would only occur for limited edition models. Just like luxury cars, not all Rolexes are created equal. :rolleyes:

The same watch without box and papers would probably go for 35-40% of brand new only. You can get some nice looking authentic Rolex Oyster Perpetuals for 60K to 75K from the gray market. Of course, with no box and papers, it's your lookout if you want to bring said watches to the Rolex service center - if the original owner reported it as stolen, you may have it confiscated. Best practice for a no box / papers watch is to have the watch authenticated at the Rolex center before purchase. Be prepared to pay for the authentication fee. Hehe.

And the authentication fee now is 1000pesos & The Rolex watch stays with them for 1week