Utah Jazz

FF

The Utah Jazz made a move!

They got Alan Henderson and Philly's second round pick for their second round pick.

Not a big one but you never know...

basically , the deal involves a swap of second round picks for between the sixers and the jazz. and you're right c.l., you'll never know if the jazz luck onto another millsap . :cool:

Jazz Put Shine on Pallid Nuggets !

The Jazz, seeking their first division title since 2000, beat the Nuggets for the sixth straight time and increased their lead over second-place Denver to a whopping 9.5 games with a 114-104 rout at the Pepsi Center.

"It was a big game for me. It was a big game for us," said Deron Williams, who scored 26 points and dished out 14 assists in his return to the lineup. "We wanted this one badly. It puts them 9.5 games behind us. If they somehow tie us, we own the tiebreaker."

The Jazz were without Okur and also lost AK to injury.

Game Notes : Seldom used center Rafael Araujo grabbed 10 boards and scored five points . Boozer (10 pts and 3 boards ) and Dwill (26 pts and 14 assists)returned to the court for utah. but the biggest contribution was by the jazz bench ( harpring 22, millsap 14 pts and 10 boards and giricek with 12 pts); outscoring the denverettes 70-21.

Jazz Push Stumbling

Derek Fisher scored 17 of his 21 points in the second half and Carlos Boozer had 16 points and 10 rebounds to lead the Utah Jazz to a 105-87 win over the Boston Celtics on Saturday night.

Boozer had a double-double in his second game back after missing eight with a hairline fracture in his leg and the Jazz swept Boston for the first time since 1998.

Deron Williams finished with 10 assists and helped lead Utah's rally in the third quarter after Boston narrowed a 15-point margin down to one but never quite caught the Jazz, who were without starters Mehmet Okur (back) and Andrei Kirilenko (knee).

Kirilenko banged his knee the night before in a win at Denver and the Jazz sat him and Okur, who missed Friday's game with back spasms. The Celtics have the NBA's worst record and Utah wasn't about to risk either player with the playoff stretch ahead.

Game notes

The Celtics' reserves were outscored 50-21 by Utah's backups.Millsap had 10 points and eight rebounds, Giricek scored 16 and Matt Harpring scored 15 for Utah. Coupled with denver's loss to dallas , the jazz widened their lead over denver for the northwest title to 10.5 games. however , the spurs retained the # 3 seed overall in the conference by matching utah's win today with a 102-71 pounding of the sonics.

ak47 will probably be traded next season

must have been a hard season for him considering he has been the face of this franchise since malone left

after the trading deadline ... the fate of ak47 depends on how the much he contributes to the jazz success for the rest of the season. with the ascension of boozer , okur and dwill ... ak is no longer the star player and must rework his game to be of more value to the team. the most obvious role would be as a part-time defensive starter / defensive stopper off the bench. this is something the jazz really lack and would be critical if the jazz aim to go deep into the playoffs.

until then ... ak's future in utah will be uncertain.

Sloan for coach of the year?

too early to tell boss. well ... sloan is a sentimental favorite but avery johnson is a legitimate contender too with the way the mavs are demolishing the rest of the league. if the mavs win it all ... aj will be one of the top vote getters for the COY award.

Hard Scrabble Jazz Fall to Lakers 102-94!

with deron williams out with a strained groin and memo okur bothered by an aching back ... the lakers outlasted the jazz in a game that was close until the last minutes. as usual ... kobe was again the main man for the lakers with 35 but it was smush parker's 24 points that won the day for LA.

game notes :

memo shot 3-19 for the game. with both the spurs and nuggets winning , SA remained a game and a half ahead of the jazz who saw their northwest division lead shrink to 9.5 games. up ahead for the jazz are three road games against the grizzlies, wolves and hornets.

I was a JAZZ fanatic during those wonderful years of rivalry with the CHICAGO BULLS --- to the extent that when my daughter was born on June 3, 1997, the day JOHN STOCKTON made that miraculous buzzer-beating three-pointer that brought on Game 7 --- I simply had to nickname her JAZZ.

When MALONE, STOCKTON and HORNACEK left, I lost steam --- but to this day, my heart's still with the UTAH team.

at last a female jazzfanatic ! welcome lyssahot and we look forward to your visits. pareho tayo ... jazzfanatics" born" during the stockton to malone era. even my wife got into it a bit ( she found stockton boyishly cute and the short shorts sexy). and she got a kick out of calling their then shooting guard "horny" ( short for hornacek) .

nearly ten years after andito pa din. thanks to mtc ...may thread tayo na pwedeng punta-puntahan. :D

Harpring keys Jazz Win over Grizz !

Harpring scored 25 points, while Carlos Boozer had 24 points and 16 rebounds to lead the Jazz to a 104-88 victory over the Memphis Grizzlies on Wednesday night.

Boozer shot 12-of-16 from the field and Harpring was 7-of-12, helping Utah overcome early shooting woes and finish the game at 54 percent.

"The last three or four games since the break, he's been killing them," Boozer said. "You get that kind of production off the bench, that's incredible."

Utah already trailed by 12 points when Harpring entered in the first quarter, but his impact was immediate.

"We've got certain plays, that when we run them, they're tough to guard," Harpring said. "If you set screens and run them the right way, we can be a tough team to guard."

Game Notes :

This was the first game where okur,dwill, boozer,fisher,and kirilenko started after the jazz injury bug hit the starting lineup.

With the win, the jazz matched the nugs win over the magic and remain 9.5 games ahead of denver for the northwest title.

the jazz have gone 28-3 overall and 12-0 on the road when entering the 4th quarter with the lead.

personal note : might be gone from the thread for a coupla days. take care everyone.go utah jazz !

i'm a loyal utah jazz fan, dating back to the days of mark eaton, thurl bailey, jeff malone, etc. i still liked the jazz even when they sucked after hornacek and stockton retired and malone went to la. now they're going back to the playoffs led by williams, boozer, memo, and ak47. they have a problem though in guarding the shooting guard position as shown by their games against the lakers (kobe), houston (tmac), even milwaukee (michael redd). they will either be the 3rd, 4th or 5th seed in the west, and in the first round they will most likely meet LA or Houston, which may mean an early exit :(

i'm a loyal utah jazz fan, dating back to the days of mark eaton, thurl bailey, jeff malone, etc. i still liked the jazz even when they sucked after hornacek and stockton retired and malone went to la. now they're going back to the playoffs led by williams, boozer, memo, and ak47. they have a problem though in guarding the shooting guard position as shown by their games against the lakers (kobe), houston (tmac), even milwaukee (michael redd). they will either be the 3rd, 4th or 5th seed in the west, and in the first round they will most likely meet LA or Houston, which may mean an early exit :(

welcome supplementsph ! nice to know that like lyssahot jazz fans are making themselves known and heard through the thread. :)

the jazz are on a five game streak and it looks like they're a lock for the northwest division title which means they'll be seeded no lower than 4th. depending on the performance of the other west top seeds , utah can come in as the 2nd or 3rd seed as well.

so that can mean getting the rockets , lakers , the nuggets or the clips. realistically .. you're right on the money as far as the meeting up with the rockets and lakers are concerned. however, the jazz deserve a little more credit. giricek has been playing well at shooting guard and the jazz still have the best trio in the west in okur, boozer and dwill. sure, tmac and kobe can and will get their points but the key for the jazz is in making sure no one else has a big night ( a la smush parker when the lakers recently won against utah). other keys to winning against the jazz game are rebounding and three point shooting.

going into the first round ... I'd place even money on the jazz anytime. coffee bets anyone ? :)

welcome supplementsph ! nice to know that like lyssahot jazz fans are making themselves known and heard through the thread. :)

the jazz are on a five game streak and it looks like they're a lock for the northwest division title which means they'll be seeded no lower than 4th. depending on the performance of the other west top seeds , utah can come in as the 2nd or 3rd seed as well.

so that can mean getting the rockets , lakers , the nuggets or the clips. realistically .. you're right on the money as far as the meeting up with the rockets and lakers are concerned. however, the jazz deserve a little more credit. giricek has been playing well at shooting guard and the jazz still have the best trio in the west in okur, boozer and dwill. sure, tmac and kobe can and will get their points but the key for the jazz is in making sure no one else has a big night ( a la smush parker when the lakers recently won against utah). other keys to winning against the jazz game are rebounding and three point shooting.

going into the first round ... I'd place even money on the jazz anytime. coffee bets anyone ? :)

yup you're right. giricek is playing better since the all star break. also supporting players like harpring, fisher, even paul millsap are contributing. let's hope for the best for our beloved Jazz :thumbsupsmiley:

yup you're right. giricek is playing better since the all star break. also supporting players like harpring, fisher, even paul millsap are contributing. let's hope for the best for our beloved Jazz :thumbsupsmiley:

but it will be hard for Utah to catch Phoenix, and San Antonio is on a hot streak as well, so my guess is the 4th seed, with Houston seeded 5th. with yao back, utah will have its hands full

but it will be hard for Utah to catch Phoenix, and San Antonio is on a hot streak as well, so my guess is the 4th seed, with Houston seeded 5th. with yao back, utah will have its hands full

too early to tell. the standings show that the jazz still can catch up with the spurs and suns. a bad streak there , a key injury here and who knows ? :)

Thanks!

I even got into an online bet with someone re that particular year --- ang saya saya!

Pag may nagtatanong kung bakit kababae kong tao, mahilig ako sa basketball, I'd say na "kasi kabit ak ni Stockton.. yung nga lang, ayokong pa-convert ng Mormons. Hehehehe

Sana makapanood ako ng Jazz game -- di ko kasi maabutan yung games nila on ESPN and wala naman yata sa Solar Sports. Seems this year's team is a good one na pwedeng ma-develop to the maximum.

Go JAZZ!

the jazz are on this march on BTV ! coming up, we have games against miami, cleveland,and washington!

check out the sked at this link .

http://www.btv.com.ph/schedules_nba.htm

I'm jealous with your team's fan support here in MTC. Fellatio, dumarami na angkan nyo dito ah!

While over there at my Suns thread, I think there are only two of us who cheer for the team!

Better get that 4th spot, Jazz. This team plays excellent ball in the postseason at home...

"pleasantly surprised" perfectly describes what i feel c.l.! but at the last head count ... it's just me,sponge bobby, lyssahot and now supplementsph. that's four fans to your two. maybe that's why you're jealous . we outnumber you two is to one ! :D :D :D :D