Utah Jazz

FF

I call it the reward of the Mavs' hard work in the closing of the regular season. ;)

@ FF - where have you been?

next to kobe, deron williams is my 2nd favorite player... I hope someday I will see him in a purple and gold uniform....

nice to be missed . thanks legionnaire ... ha and what lousy timing on my end coming back to the jazz thread just as the lakers are about to close out the the jazz ( no blinders here bro ... ) . let's say i've been very much occupied ... :hypocritesmiley:

bizzboll... yup the lakers and the knicks and just about anyone in the league i suppose. sad thing is that things look uncertain for the jazz next year with millsap ( restricted fa ) , boozer and okur ( opt out clauses for next season ) , korver ( expiring contract ). d-will is signed for the next three years though .

still and all .... goooooooooooooooooooo jazz !

I never belittled what the Mavs were able to do. I'm just saying that the Mavs' wins are, of course, their own doing. However, I'm saying that they got lucky because the Jazz and Hornies couldn't get their crap together at the end of the season. No diss to the Mavs there. I'm just calling it as it is. No need to drag on the luck issue to the Lakers thread. ;)

Again, thanks for clarifying things. I'm a Mavs fan (for now) and I honestly felt like you were dissing my team with that Lady Luck thingy. We're both fans and you, of course, understand how a little oversensitive we can get at times. I apologize for the luck issue on the Lakers thread but as you will notice, I never followed up on that. Oh, and I never "hated" the Lakers. I was cheering with the Lakers against the C's last year in the NBA Finals. Hope to see you in the Western Finals IF we get past San Antonio and Denver or New Orleans.

@ FF - you were missed because you're like the Jazz' lead fan like I was when Kidd was with the Nets. :thumbsupsmiley:

Again, thanks for clarifying things. I'm a Mavs fan (for now) and I honestly felt like you were dissing my team with that Lady Luck thingy. We're both fans and you, of course, understand how a little oversensitive we can get at times. I apologize for the luck issue on the Lakers thread but as you will notice, I never followed up on that. Oh, and I never "hated" the Lakers. I was cheering with the Lakers against the C's last year in the NBA Finals. Hope to see you in the Western Finals IF we get past San Antonio and Denver or New Orleans.

@ FF - you were missed because you're like the Jazz' lead fan like I was when Kidd was with the Nets. :thumbsupsmiley:

thanks again legionnaire ! :thumbsupsmiley: . the mavs look like they're more than capable of upending the aging spurs. if the mavs make it ... which series winner will they face ?

thanks again legionnaire ! :thumbsupsmiley: . the mavs look like they're more than capable of upending the aging spurs. if the mavs make it ... which series winner will they face ?

the winner of the Denver-New Orleans series which Denver leads 3-1 after a 58-point thrashing of the Hornets in Game 5.

correction webslinger . jazz demolished the lakers in the western conference finals in the 96-97 season 4-1 in the western semis and swept the lakers 4-0 in 97-98 western finals . Both times with Shaq AND Kobe around . ypu may find this link useful in the future... http://www.basketball-reference.com/

Maybe this is payback then. ;)

The Jazz were weakened by injuries this year but still made it to the playoffs. As long as you guys have Williams and Sloan's still the coach, there's no reason to expect you won't be back. Somebody really ought to give that Sloan guy the COY.

boss FF,

it's me RA, heheheeh

how you been boss?? how's Miss I???? heheheh

anwyays, to stay on topic...

i think UTAH needs to upgrade their roster, make a few changes, get good quality role players coz it has been a deron and carlos show from the start...

hey bagong nick !am fine dude. and miss I is fine as well. utah's next season look will be determinded how the FA market shakes out. with okur and boozer can opt out while millsap is a restricted fa ... we'll certainly have a very interesting off season.

Maybe this is payback then. ;)

The Jazz were weakened by injuries this year but still made it to the playoffs. As long as you guys have Williams and Sloan's still the coach, there's no reason to expect you won't be back. Somebody really ought to give that Sloan guy the COY.

hei boiB ! thanks for dropping by. yup the jazz faltered at the end but with dwill at the point we have a solid guy to build around. and sloan's winning the COY will only happen if he brings the jazz back to the finals .

• 2 months later...

this just in ... utah matches portland's 32 million offer for paul millsap . as per details of the offer sheet .. lucky paulie gets USD 10.3 million of the 32 M UPFRONT !

within the week with the boozer on the trading block ... the proposed three team trade which would send boozer to chicago , kirk hinrich to the blazers and tyrus thomas to the jazz appears dead. in the meantime ... rumors have it that miami and utah are also exploring trade possibilities. here's the latest from espn. com ...

No concrete evidence has materialized -- yet -- that the Heat are preparing to send Udonis Haslem's expiring contract to Utah for the expiring contract of Carlos Boozer.

But one trade scenario, presented online Monday by David Aldridge of TNT and NBA.com, would appear to have some promise for the Jazz, who long to find a way to move Boozer and take back less money, which generally requires the involvement of a third team.

Trading Haslem and James Jones to the Jazz would allow Miami to give Boozer a one-season test drive without endangering its 2010 salary-cap space and conceivably would help Utah out by fitting C.J. Miles into its $4.3 million trade exception in exchange for a future draft pick in another transaction.

It's also true that the Jazz have until February to find a new trade home for Boozer before the luxury-tax implications of matching Portland's offer sheet to Paul Millsap start setting in. Which means they don't have to rush and make the first Boozer trade they can complete.

Edited by FF
  • 1 month later...

UTAH's FINEST!

Congratulations to JOHN STOCKTON and JERRY SLOAN for being inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame! :thumbsupsmiley:

post-116634-1252517896.jpg

Stockton defined the point guard position in the NBA.

post-116634-1252517916.jpg

The beloved Utah Jazz mentor.

I'm glad that they're now enshrined to the Basketball Hall of Fame for their contributions to the NBA and to basketball itself. I can't help but be emotional, though. It could have been sweeter if there was even one championship to cherish it with. But alas, I guess I'll just have to console myself with the thought of how well they fought against Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls in two consecutive NBA Finals.

I couldn't be happier for my favorite point guard before Jason Kidd came and when Magic Johnson was about to retire. ^_^

UTAH's FINEST!

Congratulations to JOHN STOCKTON and JERRY SLOAN for being inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame! :thumbsupsmiley:

I'm glad that they're now enshrined to the Basketball Hall of Fame for their contributions to the NBA and to basketball itself. I can't help but be emotional, though. It could have been sweeter if there was even one championship to cherish it with. But alas, I guess I'll just have to console myself with the thought of how well they fought against Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls in two consecutive NBA Finals.

I couldn't be happier for my favorite point guard before Jason Kidd came and when Magic Johnson was about to retire. ^_^

Maganda sana sabay na rin si Karl Malone. Next year yata ang eligibility niya and most likely will also be a consensus shoo-in.