Maureen Mauricio

Anna Marie Gutierrez

Cristina Crisol

Olivia Ortiz

Faridah Yulo

Emily Loren

Stella Suarez Jr[/size]

Vida Verde

I met Myra Manibog, Anna Marie Gutierrez, Maria Isabel Lopez, etc. in person. They were not great lookers. In fact I found them rather plain compared to the actresses these days. But one thing going for them, the 80's are full of not-so-pretty actresses that men fantasize about because of their oomph and earthy appeal.

Lalo na si Anna Marie Gutierrez, small girl with mustache. Very plain, pero pagnanasaan mo talaga. Hindi mo matuloy Lang kasi educated and conversant pa in English pa. I just graduated from college in the eighties. It was a time of great changes in fashion, technology, lifestyle and what have you. Nakaka aliw. I remember, girls did not shave then. Every now and then you have to clear your throat and gasp for air! Lalo na kung sobrang coarse and kulot! Ha ha ha!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The_sentinel, yeah, out of topic na nga tayo dun. Anyway, I don't know any song of Natural Selection. Yes, Damn Yankees is glam rock. Their song that I liked was "Can you take me high enough." If I am not mistaken, 102.7 was already declining or was defunct in the beginning part of the 90s.

Now, I remember 101.1. Yeah, I sometimes listened to that station. Wilson Phillips was also one of my staples. Some of their songs that I liked were "Release me", "Impulsive", and "Hold on".

Yup, Damn Yankees and Extreme were part of that glam rock genre, which also included the Nelson twins, Poison, G&R, among others. Natural Selection was more of a funk / soul band, their most popular RT track was "Hearts Don't Think (They Feel)." Vonda Shepard became very popular because she was the singer of most of the songs that came out of the Ally McBeal soundtrack, although a personal favorite is "I Shy Away," an unmistakeable RT hit.

Tretorn rubber shoes started becoming a fad in this era and onto the early 90s.

yeah! meron din ako niyang whote canvass na madumi dumi pa. do you happen to know kung meron pang nagbibenta ng ganyan? nagtry ako sa res-toe-run kaso puro bagong styles na e

I was a guy who grew up between the 80's and the 90's (I mean I was in elementary school in 80's and finished high school in the 90's). If there was something that made me identify it, it was clothing and music.

Baston Pants, colorful shirts, good thing I was not into shoulder pads like my sisters were. Sperry Topsiders.

USA For Africa, Band Aid, British Bands (Tears for Fears, Spandau Ballet, Wham, Duran Duran)

Those were the days. :)

yeah! meron din ako niyang whote canvass na madumi dumi pa. do you happen to know kung meron pang nagbibenta ng ganyan? nagtry ako sa res-toe-run kaso puro bagong styles na e

Just ordered a pair through Amazon and had this delivered at my buddy's house in LA. Perhaps my favorite canvass shoes of all time...