Are You From The 80s?

my first G&W was Popeye, then yang octopus....top score then was 999 ( i think?) :thumbsupsmiley:

My first G&W was Parachute where a chopper drops paratroopers and you were in a boat that catches them. Failing to catch the paratroopers resulted in sharks eating them alive. Then Octopus, where divers were collecting treasure underwater while avoiding the tentacles. Then Egg where you collect eggs from chickens laying eggs. The Egg game is the same as Popeye. The character I had was Mickey Mouse instead of Popeye collecting eggs.

Once you reach 200 points, your misses are erased. Once you reach 500 points, your misses are erased again. 999 is the highest possible score. Going past 999 brings you back to zero and everything slows down again. But your top score of 999 is retained even if you go past 999.

G&W also had useful features. Aside from the clock, you can use it for alarm clock too.

The games I remember were Ball, Fire, Vermin, Parachute, Egg, Popeye, Octopus...

Edited by hitman531ph
  • 2 weeks later...

In the first half of the 80s, when Marcos controlled most of the media, people started putting up high UHF antennas in their homes.

TV channels then were BBC 2 (now ABS-CBN), MBS 4 (now NBN), GMA 7, RPN 9 and IBC 13. People were really starved for real news that the Marcos government was twisting or totally blocked or blacked out.

Cable channels from Sining Makulay (which later became Home Cable) only had Channel 5 with foreign movies and TV shows, Channel 10 with Chinese programming and Channel 11 which featured music video.

The high UHF antennas were for Metro Manila residents to receive FEN 17 which broadcast out of Clark Air Base, then a US Base with US sovereignty. Others resorted to international short wave (SW) radio and tuned in to Voice of America (VOA) for any news about the Philippines. AM radio was also a source of news but many broadcasters were very careful in their reports.

After the Marcos era came to a close in 1986, people tuning in to FEN 17 and short wave radio dramatically decreased.

garbage pail kids

rainbow brite

overnight parties

pusoy dos

echo and the bunnymen

the happy shrimps

depeche mode

barfing

ferris bueller's day off

some kind of wonderful

trivial pursuit

teased bangs

denim skirts

color-coordinated shirts and socks

blue eyeliners

blue hair highlights

argyle socks

leisure suit larry :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

dagdag ko pa

kilala nyo ba si kc kasem? eh si max headroom?

bukod ke madonna at mj anjan ang menudo, robin gibb, rick astley

Great Space Coaster. Gary Gnu, there's no gnu like good gnu like gary gnu

Mighty Man and Yukk, mighty mouse (here they come to save the day), bat might

star rangers, candy candy, hannelyn the balloon girl

The A-Team (George Smith, Murdoch, Face, BA Baraccus), Highway Man, Chips,

spin a win, manok ni san pedro, Joey and son (si ian veneracion ang son)

nasan na kaya si frida fonda? si Joe Quirino?

wala pang lotto, sweepstakes pa lang ... 6 million 6 million ang first prize ngayon

bentisingkong ang nakaukit eh The Thinker, eh ung 2 pisong papel?

hindi pa fastfood ang KFC

WWF b ka nyo? kilala nyo si Captain Lou Albano? eh si Apha?

naglalaro ba kayo ng tex? kaha ng sigarilyo pang-tantsing?