Running

daDJ

Does anyone know where one can purchase Bag Balm (Bag Balm is a salve developed in 1899 to soothe irritation on cows' udders after milking). After some research on the net, this seems highly recommended for inner thigh chafing (which I begin to get after runs longer than 15k).

Will be trying Transpore Clear 1st Aid tape for nip chafe (read that too on the net) as I get bloody nips at times too. Got the tape at Mercury Drug.

Good luck everyone for the takbo.ph 20-Miler!

Edited by rocco69

im thinking of selling my 42k CSM race kit. XL size ng singlet/finisher shirt

RFS: lack of training due to injury :(

PM me nalang. thanks

Wag mo i-sell papi... sasamahan kita hanggang finish line.

kahit sa recovery mo, sasamahan kita... itag team natin yung therapist hahaha.

FR sa TAkbo.ph 20-Miler.... The perfect running weather!!!

Malamig kaya di ako na-burnout. even hydration is adequate.

at my normal 21km pace, it took me almost 5 hours to finish the 32 km, kasi nga ayoko ma injure bago ang CSM.

natapos na nga ang program at wala na din yung timing device sa finish line. hahaha

best part, dahil hindi mainit ang weather, di ako stressed and took me only 1 day to recover (with the help of (ehem))

I do wish na ganun din ang weather sa CSM. I was thinking I would finish the 42km in 6hours.

• Like (+1) 1

Runrio seems hellbent on alienating its customer base. Andami nang nagalit ng ni-reschedule nila ng madalian yung Milo National Finals.

Tapos, eto na naman, nare-sked pala yung in-store registration ng Run United 1 2015, di yata maganda yung dissemination nila. Andami daw nakapila kahapon sa Toby's SM North (may iba, nag-absent na daw sa trabaho para lang dun), only to find out, wala palang registration at ni-reset pala nila. Buti na lang, may ibang lakad ako. Was actually planning on lining up as early as 9:30am to register. Was able to pass by at 5pm only to learn, na-reset nga.

Per the usual, no comment na naman ang runrio about this.

Runrio seems hellbent on alienating its customer base. Andami nang nagalit ng ni-reschedule nila ng madalian yung Milo National Finals.

Tapos, eto na naman, nare-sked pala yung in-store registration ng Run United 1 2015, di yata maganda yung dissemination nila. Andami daw nakapila kahapon sa Toby's SM North (may iba, nag-absent na daw sa trabaho para lang dun), only to find out, wala palang registration at ni-reset pala nila. Buti na lang, may ibang lakad ako. Was actually planning on lining up as early as 9:30am to register. Was able to pass by at 5pm only to learn, na-reset nga.

Per the usual, no comment na naman ang runrio about this.

isa ako sa nadale nyan bro. wala ako pasok ng Monday pero dinayo ko ang Toby's Robinson's Galleria. arrived around past 11am. natuwa pa ako nakita ko wala tao, sabi ko sa sarili "wow swerte onti palang nagpunta"

pag pasok ko, putek as in wala talaga registration. wala daw pinadala ang runrio na representative dun at kanina pa nga daw may mga nag iinquire.

ayun, nauwi sa wala ang pagod ko. im boycotting RU series this year :angry: :angry2:

Edited by ppdd
ppdd, on 29 Jan 2015 - 02:55 AM, said:

it's now official.. nabenta ko na yung CSM race kit ko kanina.. :(

goodluck to all runners! spirit220, floppydrive! papagaling muna ako ng tuhod ko

Hope your knees heel quickly, ppdd! Hmmm, baka naman nasosobrahan ng balut at therapy? ;)

Good luck Spirit220 and everyone else running CSM2015! 1&1/2 days to go!

42km + 2km run done! Ran 44km as tribute to the fallen44 at the Condura SKyway Marathon.

Great run experience on a tough course.

Conditions were great for a nice run. Temperature was cool with a nice breeze between Alabang & Sucat, but the breeze disappeared from Sucat all the way to Makati. Water stations were well stocked with water & Gatorade, but the bananas served were not yet ripe. Mapakla pa.

The course is deceivingly hard. It looks easy as it's on the smooth elevated highway with good asphalt surface, but there are long inclines and false flats that can easily drain a runner.

Overall it was a great run.

• Like (+1) 1

Condura Skyway Marathon:

42k run started at 12midnight, although the start was divided into 11 waves of 500 runners each (A to K) sent-off at supposedly 2-minute intervals due to safety concerns (the ramp going up to the Skyway being single lane only, it was feared that a massed start could lead to a stampede). 44 PNP personnel positioned at intervals immediately after the start each held photos of the Fallen 44, with runners encouraged to salute the fallen as they passed by. Wave J started at 12:32.

From Alabang to Sucat, the wind on the elevated portion between Alabang and Sucat was a tailwind pushing runners forward (I thought the pace I was running was too fast and feared I would burn-out early, but realized coming back it was just the wind (which was now a headwind making it a bit more difficult running the last 5k)

According to the race route released by organizers, after a U-turn at Buendia, runners would run back to the NAIA portion of the Skyway and loop around to run back to Buendia, before running back to Alabang. However, the actual course had runners, after looping around the NAIA interchange, run a significant distance back to Sucat before making a the U-turn back to Buendia.

Per the usual with Runrio-handled events, hydration stations were amply stocked [and with portalets at each station]. I found bananas at only one station though, although I kept seeing banana peels at the beginning of the second half of the course.

It may just be me but I also think the hydration stations in the middle portion of the run were too close to each other. I kept getting surprised after coming from a hydration station to come to another after what seemed a too short distance from a previous one. I ended up skipping around 3 or 4 hydration stations which I felt was too near a previous one as it got more and more difficult to start running again after stopping to get a drink. Parang ansarap na maglakad na lang after you stopped to get a drink, kailangan talaga ng mental effort para pilitin ang katawan na tumakbo ulit. Then, there was a significant distance before the hydration station at the Sucat toll gate.

Fireworks started lighting up the sky at 5am, while I was still far away from Alabang.

As I was aiming for a sub-5 finish to a first-time marathon effort, notricing I had only 15 mins to do so, had to really pump the dead-tired legs for the last 3 k. There was a hydration station at South Station, probably 300 or so meters before the finish line. Made it sub-5 with about 4mins to spare. YEEES!

As stated by floppydrive, there were long inclines and false flats.Ended up with only one bloody blister. Thanks to my Altras and Balega socks for a great run!

Pero pahinga muna bago umulit ng ganung distance! Felt dead on my feet at the runner's village.

• Like (+1) 1

i wasnt able to beat my personal record in 42k but still i'm very proud to my self. medyo emotional ying run kasi coincident pa yung theme ng run sa namatay na SAF44. medyo nagcramps lang sa last 7km pero natapos ko pa rin. next time i make it sure that i'm well prepared with proper trainIngs and gears. ang lamig sa tuktok ng skyway

• Like (+1) 1

wow kakainggit! congrats repapips! thanks for the fr floppydrive and rocco69.. wave J din dapat ako. sayang :-(

mukhang si idol spirit220 dumirecho na sa recovery stage kaya nde pa maka online.. ninanamnam pa ang hagod haha

Masakit pala mavirginan.... sobrang sakit.... laspag na laspag ako... Walked the last 8KM (bicutan to alabang)...

pero masaya after makatawid sa finish line. finished 42KMs @ 6+ hours time didn't matter as it is my first time.... ang mahalaga, nakatapos. scratch one off the bucket list!. hehehe

Hahahaha. @ppdd. 2 days lang masakit katawan ko (Feb 1 and 2)... kahapon naka-light run na ko.

di ko na kailangan ng recovery session. haha. pero bibisita pa rin. hahaha

Edited by spirit220
  • Like (+1) 1