Running

daDJ

Nung Monday evening, I did my recovery run. Eh sakto masakit pa nang konti ung paa ko, me nakakwentuhan akong veterinaryo na tumatakbo din. Nag apply nang liniment.

Inoffer niya sa akin yung liniment niya. Sabi niya subukan ko, effective daw. Nasubukan na ba ninyo yung ben gay extra strong? Isipin na lang ninyo 3x ung lamig at init at ung tagal.

Sabi ko, ano bang brand yan at bibili din ako. Sarap eh. Bwiset, liniment daw nang race horse. hahahahahhaa Ayun, nagpabili ako. hahahah. next week magkita kami ulit s aUP oval, bigay daw niya sa akin. 12 ounces for 700 petots.

sabi nila:

"DNF (did not finish) is much better than DNS (did not start)"

nag register ako sa Mcdo McHappy Day Stripes Run 2014 kaso i got sick 2 days before the event (actually upto today nde pa ako 100%).. huhuhu

sayang effort ko paghabol sa deadline ng registration.. kainis..

ppdd, on 12 Dec 2014 - 12:14 AM, said:

goodluck to all Milo marathon participants! at sa iba runs on Sunday

ako drinking marathon muna.. xmas party sa Sat night eh hehe

good luck sa lahat!

@ppdd- enjoy your inuman xmas party! Finish strong! Go for new PR! hehehe

Meron ba nun sa inuman? 26 bottles = 1 beer marathon? Kung 13 bottles, half beer marathon lang?

good luck sa lahat!

@ppdd- enjoy your inuman xmas party! Finish strong! Go for new PR! hehehe

Meron ba nun sa inuman? 26 bottles = 1 beer marathon? Kung 13 bottles, half beer marathon lang?

hahaha go for new PR ampf :lol: :lol: :lol:

wala na bro.. nde na kaya.. liver lover na.. nde na kaya lumaklak ng madami :)

Great Milo National Finals run this morning.

Although the event was well publicized, there were only about a thousand 21K runners who joined. Maybe lots of runners who registered for the original Dec 7 schedule couldn't join this rescheduled run.

There were only about 500 runners who qualified to join the 42.195km finals.

Route was slightly modified from the July Manila Eliminations route, as there were conflicting events at the CCP area and at Luneta.

Weather was a cool 24C, but humidity was high, and it actually rained at around 5-5:30am. This was a welcome blessing as it helped cool off the runners.

Water stations and aid stations were plenty and well stocked as can be expected from a Runrio event. Add to that there were far fewer 42K & 21K runners than the July eliminations make it a more enjoyable run.

Only drawback was that since it was done on a Saturday instead of a Sunday, it created several monstrous traffic jams on Roxas Blvd, Gil Puyat Ave (Buendia) and EDSA as early as 3am all the way until mid morning.

Overall it was a great run.

• Like (+1) 1

Buti pa ung Milo, maayos ung takbo.

Affinitea

My only gripe was, walang energy drink all you can (pocari) sa finish line. Pero nakalimutan ko ung inis ko nung nakita ko ung finisher shirt! grabe ang ganda!

Personally, hindi ako na hassle. I was lucky enough to finish my 16K early so hindi pa ako tinamaan nang aberya. Ang kawawa yung kasamahan ko who finished at 1 hour 50 minutes sa 16K.

1. naubusan nanaman sila nang paper cups.

2. hindi na raw malamig yung tubig

3.Yung mga mahuli na 16k runners ay 400 mg na lang nang ENERCAL yung nakuha (kaming mga nauna ay 900mg na de lata hahaha)

4. haba nang pila nung affinitea drink so naki inom na lang yung damuho sa drinks ko!

5. Finisher shirt was 1 size smaller than the race shirt. At naubusan sila nang bigger sizes.

aalaskahin ko sana eh. na bilisan kasi niya tumakbo kung gusto niya hindi maaberya sa pagclaim nang freebies at shirt. Eh andaming ang init nang ulo duon sa staging area, baka gulpihin ako. hahahahha

I have to admit, kahit na pagkadami daming tao sa runrio events, they still have the best logistics.

• Like (+1) 1
  • 2 weeks later...

i really need to run again! i have gained a lot of weight this Christmas season....masarap kasi kumain.....i need a group so i can run regularly,....mahirap mag-isa...nakakabagot! anyway my goal for january is 5K....then mga march or april 10K, then june or july 21 K and hopefully by the end of the year full marathon.....by the way i am almost a senior citizen 58 y/o

romyg, on 03 Jan 2015 - 11:25 AM, said:

i really need to run again! i have gained a lot of weight this Christmas season....masarap kasi kumain.....i need a group so i can run regularly,....mahirap mag-isa...nakakabagot! anyway my goal for january is 5K....then mga march or april 10K, then june or july 21 K and hopefully by the end of the year full marathon.....by the way i am almost a senior citizen 58 y/o

Where are you based? Maraming tumatakbo sa UP, BGC area, Ayala Triangle, MOA, Filinvest Alabang areas. They welcome new runners.

Four weeks to Condura! Last two weekend chances for long runs before tapering down.

A few comments:

Finally a running club thread! I used to do all the road races around 10 years ago, my favorites were the Executive 10K at UP where they have age groupings so its quite possible to medal in this race, the Yakult 10-miler which had a lot of participants, the Coke-Arrow 10K, and the Milo Half Marathon. After a while sponsorship of road races started to wane and even PAL stopped sponsoring the very popular PAL Marathon. Its great to find out that there are still road races sponsored by the biggies. Kudos to daDJ for posting the info on the upcoming events.

Maybe we should organize this as an MTC running club like what a previous poster suggested. My idea is to register as a club if the event permits this and we could have MTC singlets made if people here are so inclined. I would think that this may be better than going to some of the MTC EBs I've been invited to but never attended.

Thank you again daDJ for the info.

Nice idea.. I hope this will materialize

Balik kondisyon program na guys... also gained a lot this holidays. haha

upcoming events na kasali ako:

Jan 18 -- takbo.ph 20 miler -- 32km

Feb1 -- Condura skyway Marathon -- 42KM

new playground, Mandaluyong. hehe

mukhang nde na ako makakasali sa iba pang runs.. focus na muna sa CSM

kitakits on Feb1

Resolution Run 32K at NUVALI

Very difficult route! The first 10km was on the hilly roads of NUVALI. The next 10km was up the ridge going to Tagaytay through Bgy Casile in Cabuyao, then the next 12km was the run down the slope all the way to the finish line. Sakit sa tuhod! But the view going up and down the mountain was fantastic! Nakakatanggal pagod.

Hydration stations were every two kilometers and had ample supply of water. Too bad they only had a few stations with Gatorade and only one station with bananas for the 32k runners, but the banana supply was quickly wiped out.

It was a good 32k run in preparation for Condura on Feb1 and for TBR Dream Marathon on Feb22.

• Like (+1) 1