Running

daDJ

accdg to Runrio, there would be around 3k+ runners running for the 21K category sa RU1. wow. that's a lot of runners!!! im still targeting running 21K this year pero mukhang di pa talaga kaya T_T. 16K try ko sa Yakult. hopefully nde ako pulikatin hehe

Thats a whole lot of runners but if the venue is BGC then kaya naman accommodate ng place. When pala to? kinda missed this one

@philipcaesar -- my 2 main motivations: 1)health reasons and 2)my thera was into running as well ^_^ when i started running, masaya naman pala. parang naging bonding time with classmates/officemates. then you set personal goals and challenges. sarap ng feeling! and it gives you reason to go to spa afterwards (pero nasi-skip naman massage part haha)

Gusto kong makabalik sa jogging. Ano ba ang motivation niyo?

Back then i just had too much time on my hands and someone told me na magandang pampataba daw. Thru time it evolved into something of a lifestyle of being fit and able to unwind yourself to savor the view and forget the stressful day or week that went thru. I'd agree to bro Turk, added motivation nga pag sexy kasabay mo kaya when I run in UP I make it a point na against the flow takbo ko para fully appreciated yong view tongue.gif It's also a good way to challenge yourself and push your limits lalo na kung biglang may overtake sayo at alam mo na kaya mong sunogin sa takbo, sarap din ng pakiramdam hehe

Since I wasnt able to register for the Kick the Habit 2 run, i guess i'll try the antipolo-sumulong route tomorrow :)

Here are some upcoming runs...

BDO Race for Life (Thanks bro Turk for the info)

http://www.pinoyfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/bdo-race-for-life-2012-poster-detail-471x1024.jpg

Running is not about reaching point B from point A, rather, it is the experience in between which comprises the effort to push thru, physical pain that you have to overcome, the thoughts that preoccupies your mind, the music you listen unto, the sites you pass by and the added bonus of meeting beautiful people along the way. cool.gif

post-263321-0-40626200-1330237527.jpg

Ran for 1 hour, 13 minutes and 16 seconds from Masinag to Emeral Hills (way to Antipolo) and back to Mc Donalds near Blue Mountain Resort (Our Lady of Fatima University) today. Will probably try for greater distance next time and see where my feet carries me.

ran earlier today. i tried the masinag-antipolo route (actually ran from our house to masinag as warm up. a good 1-2km. then masinag going up to antipolo)

medyo napaaga ata takbo ko. started before 5am when i left our house. medyo madilim pa yung route going to antipolo. only able to reach upto meralco compound, rested a couple of minutes then ran/walk going back to our house

time: around 1hr 30mins

bumped into a number of joggers on my way back. it's such a nice feeling seeing fellow joggers nod their head and smile at you when you meet each other on the road. you don't know each other but share the same passion ^_^ (same feeling pag may nakakasalubong kang GM sa spas haha)

Who among us run regularly on weekends as a group of MTC members?

not sure if there is actually a solid group, pero mostly kanya-kanyang takbo eh (except nalang siguro during running events)

I just ran 21km race for RU1

21 km = 2 hrs and 7mins and 3 secs blink.gif

wow nice time bro. sana maka 21k na din ako this year.. ^_^

may issue daw sa RU1 ah. nagkanakawan ata ng mga finisher's shirt and medals.. even coach rio apologized sa fb about what happened.. tsk tsk

Ppdd....

Yes! May nakawan nga nangyari sa RU1... daw!

Honestly... meron nga cguro or let me say maraming nag double or triple claim ng finishers kit...

Ako kaya ko humingi ng 3 finishers kit kasi super luwag... they don't even bother to get the claim stub!

But... honest to goodness... I get only what I deserved...

Madali lang mag 21k... I jog mostly once a week, kapag sinipag twice... pang 3rd kung may race...

Wala naman ako program... basta kahit mabagal I just maintain a continous run...

St Peter...

Once lang ako nakapaglaro sa Alabang.... 16k Condura... malayo kasi sa amin hirap puntahan

ran earlier today. i tried the masinag-antipolo route (actually ran from our house to masinag as warm up. a good 1-2km. then masinag going up to antipolo)

medyo napaaga ata takbo ko. started before 5am when i left our house. medyo madilim pa yung route going to antipolo. only able to reach upto meralco compound, rested a couple of minutes then ran/walk going back to our house

time: around 1hr 30mins

bumped into a number of joggers on my way back. it's such a nice feeling seeing fellow joggers nod their head and smile at you when you meet each other on the road. you don't know each other but share the same passion ^_^ (same feeling pag may nakakasalubong kang GM sa spas haha)

Padre! mukhang magkalapit lang bahay natin, malapit lang din ako sa masinag...on weekends, I run (minsan with my wife and/or teenage daughter) sa BGC or sa Marikina Sports Complex (tapos dinner sa Thai Resto na Krung Thai sa malapit sa palengke ng Marikina- one of the best kept secret na excellent resto)

Minsan we could meet sa SM Masinag and have some few drinks...

Padre! mukhang magkalapit lang bahay natin, malapit lang din ako sa masinag...on weekends, I run (minsan with my wife and/or teenage daughter) sa BGC or sa Marikina Sports Complex (tapos dinner sa Thai Resto na Krung Thai sa malapit sa palengke ng Marikina- one of the best kept secret na excellent resto)

Minsan we could meet sa SM Masinag and have some few drinks...

Pre.... san yan Krung Thai... is it near Marikina Sports Complex!!! Once a week I ran there... to do some speedworks! Pa share naman ng location... Thanks!

Pre.... san yan Krung Thai... is it near Marikina Sports Complex!!! Once a week I ran there... to do some speedworks! Pa share naman ng location... Thanks!

Pre adjacent sa palengke mismo, tabi ng famous fried chicken resto na nag-originate sa Marikina.pwede lakarin from sports complex (eto landline nila 6464041); guaranteed excellent food at reasonable price

Sori sa OT...

Pre adjacent sa palengke mismo, tabi ng famous fried chicken resto na nag-originate sa Marikina.pwede lakarin from sports complex (eto landline nila 6464041); guaranteed excellent food at reasonable price

Sori sa OT...

I was there a while ago at Marikina Sports Complex... Just ran 5km... there...

Maybe next week mapuntahan ko na yun resto... may direction na eh... Thanks!

Sori sa OT...

Ayuz! Maganda isabay food trip after a good run cool.gif

For me naman try ko over the weekend takbo from Siruna to Antipolo simbahan instead of the usual Masinag to Palos Verde then back to Blue Mountain Subdivision route since malapit na lang daw yon. Tanging qualifier ko lang naman is kung may McDo sa end of run for the breakfast meal and libreng dyaryo para chill after rolleyes.gif