Running

daDJ

Congrats Wyette!!!!

naku marathon muna ako bago mag Ultra marathon... kung mag-Ultra man ako, ang target ko ay yung T2N (Tagaytay to Nasugbu). malapit lang kasi ako sa Tagaytay. hehe

starting to practise na ko sa Skyway Marathon... everyday jog para makondisyon na.

upcoming running events na kasali ako: Nike We Run Manila at Greenfield Christmas Run... (skip sa Milo Finals Leg)

May nag0invite din sa akin sa 21km + Zumba marathon sa cavite...

Congrats Wyette!!!!

naku marathon muna ako bago mag Ultra marathon... kung mag-Ultra man ako, ang target ko ay yung T2N (Tagaytay to Nasugbu). malapit lang kasi ako sa Tagaytay. hehe

starting to practise na ko sa Skyway Marathon... everyday jog para makondisyon na.

upcoming running events na kasali ako: Nike We Run Manila at Greenfield Christmas Run... (skip sa Milo Finals Leg)

i'll be joining the Condura Skyway as well... 2nd full mary

nde ako umabot sa nike run.. badtrip.. kung kelan malapit samin ang venue saka pa ako naubusan ng slot

if you guys know anyone selling their kit.. maski med size (male sizing ha bwahaha).. papatusin ko na

mga takbo prince and princesses...patulung naman....na lay off ako sa running ng mga six months becoz of the rainy season....any tips on how to come back? i hope i can join again marathons this coming 2014...thanks in advance

Edited by romyg

mga takbo prince and princesses...patulung naman....na lay off ako sa running ng mga six months becoz of the rainy season....any tips on how to come back? i hope i can join again marathons this coming 2014...thanks in advance

Wow! Six months lay off would mean you'd have to start again from zero.

I suggest you start off with short run/walks starting from10mins up to 30mins every other day. Once you get to run 30 minutes straight, that's when you start measuring distance. Run at a pace where you can talk.

For a better explanation, visit this site which offers several programs which can get you back to running:

http://www.takbo.ph/2013/11/10k-training-plans-for-beginners/

Cheers!

Congratulations, Wyette!!!! Woohoo! MTC's Ultramarathoner!

Go ahead and brag! You deserve all the accolades. Kung sabihan ka ng "Ang yabang naman" tanungin mo na lang sila "Kaya nyo ba?" hehehe

BDM na ba ang susunod? :-D

Wala naman nagsabi na mayabang ako. Minsan lang tatanungin ako how far is 50kms... May isang doctor naman sa hospital namin, panay sabi pa work up kami before we keep running. Panira ng high feeling. Haha

Anyway, no BDM muna. I MIGHT try mayon 360 in april though. 80kms around mayon volcano. At least i will know the route and madali support. The BDM will come if i finish the 80kms within the cutoff time. :)

One thing i liked about ultra distances though, ang dami ko nakilala... And the runners were so friendly.. Ewan. Siguro kasi di ako nasanay that runners cheer on co-runners on the route. Kakatuwa. :lol:

yun oh! tignan natin.. baka 50km eh 11hrs+ na ako nyan

waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

12 hours yung cut off nung map50k. I underestimated it. I thought i could finish between 7-8hours kasi i got the last rupm at 6h5mins. Pero iba pala pag super init na. And incline yung route. Lahat ng reviews were based on how the route got harder and harder due to the rolling hills. :D

Sali kayo dun next year sir. Sarap sa feeling. :)

Congrats Wyette!!!!

Join din ako sa condura marathon. It gave me a hard time this year sa first fm debut ko. Dapat improved time na ako this time.

Inggit ako dami nyo running events. Dito kasi samin, panay fun runs lang, pa 5k 5k lang usually. :D

Start with short distances sir. And dont pressure yourself too much with taking speed and endurance at the same time. :)

Im not much of a "good tip giver" but i sure hope you can get back to running. I so love this sport na. ;)

Btw, ikaw thread starter pi di ba?

Wala naman nagsabi na mayabang ako. Minsan lang tatanungin ako how far is 50kms... May isang doctor naman sa hospital namin, panay sabi pa work up kami before we keep running. Panira ng high feeling. Haha

Anyway, no BDM muna. I MIGHT try mayon 360 in april though. 80kms around mayon volcano. At least i will know the route and madali support. The BDM will come if i finish the 80kms within the cutoff time. :)

One thing i liked about ultra distances though, ang dami ko nakilala... And the runners were so friendly.. Ewan. Siguro kasi di ako nasanay that runners cheer on co-runners on the route. Kakatuwa. :lol:

12 hours yung cut off nung map50k. I underestimated it. I thought i could finish between 7-8hours kasi i got the last rupm at 6h5mins. Pero iba pala pag super init na. And incline yung route. Lahat ng reviews were based on how the route got harder and harder due to the rolling hills. :D

Sali kayo dun next year sir. Sarap sa feeling. :)

Join din ako sa condura marathon. It gave me a hard time this year sa first fm debut ko. Dapat improved time na ako this time.

Inggit ako dami nyo running events. Dito kasi samin, panay fun runs lang, pa 5k 5k lang usually. :D

After all the running you've been doing, you'll be pleasantly surprised with your blood test and treadmill stress test (kung sa tingin nyo kailangan pa, hehe) results. Bago ako nagumpisa tumakbo, kung anu-anong meds ang kailangan inumin para bumaba uric acid, SGPT, SGOT, cholesterol, & blood sugar. Dahil sa pag-takbo, lahat pumasok sa normal - first time ever! :-D

Kitakits ulit sa Condura! Kailan aya umpisa ng registration?

Start with short distances sir. And dont pressure yourself too much with taking speed and endurance at the same time. :)

Im not much of a "good tip giver" but i sure hope you can get back to running. I so love this sport na. ;)

Btw, ikaw thread starter pi di ba?

thanks for the tip....no i am not the thread starter.....hope to see you sa mga marathon next year!

After all the running you've been doing, you'll be pleasantly surprised with your blood test and treadmill stress test (kung sa tingin nyo kailangan pa, hehe) results. Bago ako nagumpisa tumakbo, kung anu-anong meds ang kailangan inumin para bumaba uric acid, SGPT, SGOT, cholesterol, & blood sugar. Dahil sa pag-takbo, lahat pumasok sa normal - first time ever! :-D

Kitakits ulit sa Condura! Kailan aya umpisa ng registration?

Actually, i started running because of some growth of something in something, last i checked it was getting smaller. Thank God.

And everything is normal naman according to my blood tests a few months ago. Just did not have my heart checked talaga. Siguro praning lang kami kasi we are in the medical field rin. And siguro inggit rin si doc coz she cannot even finish a 3km race. Hehehe

Oh well, i know naman when to stop when i am feeling something bad when i am running. Kahit sa training lang. I cannot risk dying or getting injured since i know recovery will be worse if i force it. :)

Im glad your blood chem are all normal rin. I still take in multivitamins, a tablet or two of sodium chloride and potassium tabs before a major run though. :)

yun oh! lezzgo!!!

eto na!

QCIM - Jan 2014

Condura - Feb (?) 2014

yung ultra ba ng safeguard natuloy?

Tuloy ang qcim? Di ko pa yan nasalihan.

Condura is feb 4, 2014 ata. 2nd or 3rd week of december, open na reg nyan. :)

Tuloy ang qcim? Di ko pa yan nasalihan.

Condura is feb 4, 2014 ata. 2nd or 3rd week of december, open na reg nyan. :)

tuloy daw QCIM sa January.. usually December to ginaganap eh, not sure why naurong yung date

kasabay pa ata ng run ng 7-11?

para sa mga Nike We Run Manila 2013 participants (nde ako kasali huhuhu).. here is the race route:

http://www.pinoyfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/nike-run-mnl-10k-map.jpg

Congrats to this weekend's runners: TakBONIFACIO run, Heroes Run, Nike We Run Manila and the National Duathlon in Subic!

The Nike We Run Manila was fantastic!

There is only one race distance: 10K. So there were 15,000++ runners who started in front of the Marikina Sports Center. With so many participants, those who wanted to avoid the crowd began lining up at the starting pen as early as 2:30 PM. The route passed through the streets of Marikina, where some of the roads are not really wide. True enough, the fast runners arrived later had to zigzag through slower runners, through the tight route, specially the first 2.5km. As the packs of runners began to open up, people began to go at their target paces.

The big surprise of the day were the crowds who lined the streets and were cheering and giving high fives to the runners! Great morale booster! Hydration stations were every 2 to 2.5km and were well stocked with water and Gatorade. The weather was cloudy and cool, with a light drizzle before the start of the race.

Despite having plenty of turns, the roads were well marked and cordoned off so the route was exclusively for runners! Cars and motorcycles were prevented from crossing the route. Kudos to the Marikina City Government for giving it's big support to the event.

The finish line was inside the Marikina Sports Center, right in front of the grandstand on the track! It had an "Olympic event" feel!

Overall, it was a great race!

Congrats Sir Floppy... di mo ko tinext na pupunta ka pala.\

yup, kung wave 1 ka, wala kang problema sa pagtakbo. pero kung wave 3 or 4 ka na, nakow, talo mo pa si kobe bryant sa pagcrossover move sa madaming walkers (na HHWW pa minsan). sana sa side nila ginawa para di sila nakaharang sa gitna.

also, yung biglang magsisintas ng sapatos sa gitna ng road, naku muntikan ko na sya masipa, tinalunan ko na lang sya... hahaha...

It was a fun event, and the after race concert was nice.

the only problem... traffic!

Next run is the greenfield run next week. laguna naman. iwas milo. hehe

Congrats Sir Floppy... di mo ko tinext na pupunta ka pala.\

yup, kung wave 1 ka, wala kang problema sa pagtakbo. pero kung wave 3 or 4 ka na, nakow, talo mo pa si kobe bryant sa pagcrossover move sa madaming walkers (na HHWW pa minsan). sana sa side nila ginawa para di sila nakaharang sa gitna.

also, yung biglang magsisintas ng sapatos sa gitna ng road, naku muntikan ko na sya masipa, tinalunan ko na lang sya... hahaha...

It was a fun event, and the after race concert was nice.

the only problem... traffic!

Next run is the greenfield run next week. laguna naman. iwas milo. hehe

Biglaan lang yung Nike Run. May kaibigan kaming na-injure nung Thursday, so kailangan may mag-sub na medium size ang shirt. hehehe Tinawagan lang ako ng Sabado kasi hindi na gumaling yung injury at lumala pa.

Na-piga ako sa 10K run! Wasak kung baga. Iba talaga ang style sa long run at sa short run. Pass muna ako sa fast pace next weekend. Masakit pa chest ko sa kaka-hingal. hehehe Natatawa na lang ako sa mga kasabay ko. Yung pace ko na lawit dila na,pang LSD weekend running pace lang nila. Nagkwe-kwentuhan pa!

Kainis nga na kahit nakaabot kami sa wave 1, pag-start pa lang at hindi pa umaabot sa unang kanto, may mga naglalakad na- barikada style pa.

Ang galling nga nung tugtugan. Party talaga pakatapos!

Edited by floppydrive

congrats sa mga idol ko na sila wytte na certified UM nang MTC, floppy at ppdd na mga malulupit sa FM, at si spirit. hayzt, buti pa kayo nakakatakbo ako walang wala ka takbo2x last ko pa nung RUPM ph34r.gif.

congrats spirit, and floppy. for finishing strong sa nike run. whew yun lang ang layo para sa inyo from south going to east nohsmile.gif.

Edited by yrrah123456789
1385209622[/url]' post='8991740']

tuloy daw QCIM sa January.. usually December to ginaganap eh, not sure why naurong yung date

kasabay pa ata ng run ng 7-11?

para sa mga Nike We Run Manila 2013 participants (nde ako kasali huhuhu).. here is the race route:

http://www.pinoyfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/nike-run-mnl-10k-map.jpg

di nakakatuwa ang dami tao sumabay sa fiesta ng marikina aome parts of marcos highway sarado pero ok na din hahaha. :)

yun oh! lezzgo!!!

eto na!

QCIM - Jan 2014

Condura - Feb (?) 2014

yung ultra ba ng safeguard natuloy?

thanks for the tips mga masters....actually i prefer to call all of you "friends".....i just did a 2 km run last sunday, my first after six months....hopefully i would gradually do a 5 k before december finished....hopefully by january i can join kahit 10 k run.

Edited by romyg

thanks for the tips mga masters....actually i prefer to call all of you "friends".....i just did a 2 km run last sunday, my first after six months....hopefully i would gradually do a 5 k before december finished....hopefully by january i can join kahit 10 k run.

slowly but surely :-)

for Nike We Run Manila 2013 Race Results go to:

http://werunmnl10k.com/results/

so far, wala pa ako practice run for any event.. hayyy

Any runs from Dec 18 - Jan 12?

Ayon Sa PinoyFitness:

DECEMBER 21, 2013

Run for a Better Christmas

DECEMBER 22, 2013

Run Masbateno Run 2013

Christmas Fun Run

DECEMBER 28, 2013

Antique Half Marathon Challenge

Tara COLORun na!

DECEMBER 29, 2013

SRC 50K ULTRAmarathon

Cavite to Laguna 50K Ultramarathon

JANUARY 4, 2014

Beach and Pine 2014

JANUARY 5, 2014

Color Manila Run 2

UNITED4PH Run 2014

JANUARY 11, 2014

Corregidor Marathon

JANUARY 12, 2014

Corregidor Half-Marathon (CIHM)

Nature's Trail Discovery Run

Ayon sa Takbo.ph:

Dec 21 - Baguio Christmas Night Run 2013 3/7/12K (Baguio City)

Dec 21 - Walk Run Have Fun 2013 2/7.5K (Cavite)

Dec 22 - Run Masbateño Run (RMR) 2013 3/5/10K (Masbate)

Dec 22 - Christmas Fun Run 2013 1/3/5/10K (Tarlac)

Dec 28 - Tara COLORun na 2013 8K (Batangas)

Dec 28 - Antique Half Marathon Challenge 2013 3/10/21K (Antique)

Dec 29 - SRC Run 3 2013 5K/10K/21K (Samar)

Dec 29 - SRC 50K ULTRAmarathon 2013 50K (Samar)

January 2014

Jan 11 - Corregidor Marathon (CM) 2013 3/5/42K (Corregidor Island)

Jan 12 - Nature’s Trail Discovery Run II Trilogy 2103 Championship 5/10/21/50K (Rizal)

Jan 12 - Cebu Marathon 2014 21/42K (Cebu)

Jan 12 - Corregidor International Half Marathon (CIHM) 2013 10/21K (Corregidor Island)