Running

daDJ

I did the 10K in the PSE Bull Run 2012 held yesterday early morning @ BGC: 58 mins. , 49 secs.

Looking forward to this year's Condura Skyway Marathon (my first foray on 16K- been training 10Ks since last year) on Feb. 05

wow nice time bro. congrats. good luck on your 16k

registered today for Timex Run 10k.. first run for me this 2012 :)

Edited by ppdd

I only tried 5K in a fun run hehe kaya naman po kaso medyo laglag na coz im not a runner myself. by the way can i ask about running shoes here in this thread? I hope someone can give me tips on running thanks guys =P

Loyal ako sa New Balance for the running shoes pero you could also try Mizuno or Asics.. you could also back-read for the running tips .. Welcome to the fold i guess cool.gif

Timex Run FR

"I ran with Piolo at 10KM"

ambilis ni fafa P. nde ko sya nahabol ampf. I was able to register my personal best (unofficial time: 1hr 12mins+). not bad for my 1st run in 2012

reklamo ko lang is andilim dun sa Starting area.. pero the rest are ok. maayos din sa baggage claiming area. yung finisher's kit mga excess sa unilab run ahaha

congrats RunRio and to all participants/finishers

next target: No Speed Limit run on Jan29 (10k uli)

Edited by ppdd

I only tried 5K in a fun run hehe kaya naman po kaso medyo laglag na coz im not a runner myself. by the way can i ask about running shoes here in this thread? I hope someone can give me tips on running thanks guys =P

TIP on running... Don't Start too fast... just have a fairly good run.... where u can endure the distance... then if you can increase your pace on last 1km do it then sprint out the last 100meters

On shoes... I only trust Mizuno... (I tried Nike 300km to 400km pudpod na...) New Balance is god also... but Mizuno for me....

Be sure know your running form first if you are stability, neutral or motion control... Runner BGC, Riovanna, and Tobys MOAhave that facilities... Its free check it out!ph34r.gif

If you really want to go into running invest in your shoes.

I'm using Newton Distance Stability Trainer. Got it from RUNNR, you could also check the New Store by Coach RIO in the new mall sa FORT, across the roas from Starbucks / 7th high.

Definitely other brands are there if you're on a budget. Mizuno is a more popular brand here in the Philippines.

Hope this helps,

-D

http://www.pinoyfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/no-speed-limit-poster-2012-150x150.jpg

FR on No Speed Limit -- benefit run for Batino Elementary School

10KM : 1hr 24mins+ (my best run sana pero hirap talaga pag uphill.. :( )

route: ateneo to libis and back (including the katipunan flyover and tunnel)

what i like about events not organized by runrio is that nde sya ganun ka-crowded

cons:

-- i guess the hydration stations are not placed properly

-- another thing sa hydration stations, water lang meron.. then naubusan pa ng disposable plastic cups and water supply mismo..

-- the marshalls are ok, pero sana mas madami sila (you'll know kung bakit later on sa pros ^_^). dami stretch na ambibilis ng sasakyan and no visible marshalls in sight

pros:

-- dami cute girl marshalls (nakakawala ng pagod yung smile nila)

-- dami cute girl runners (dami pde habulin)

-- dami cute girls sa mga booths

-- very challenging route (mixed uphill and downhill.. kung wala lang sana mga sasakyan mas ok)

-- Gretchen Ho .. 'nuff said :)

next target:

Run for the Orphans -- Feb12 @ Camp Aguinaldo... pahinga muna next week :)

• 2 weeks later...

I run last Feb 5, 2011

Condura Skyway Marathon 16km run

I did it at 1hr 36min and 10 secs!

Whew! Great Solid run for me....

Ppdd... dapat mag run ako jan sa no speed limit...

but I ran at the Philippine Water Run.. at Marikina 5km... small run but nice too!ph34r.gif

I run last Feb 5, 2011

Condura Skyway Marathon 16km run

I did it at 1hr 36min and 10 secs!

Whew! Great Solid run for me....

Ppdd... dapat mag run ako jan sa no speed limit...

but I ran at the Philippine Water Run.. at Marikina 5km... small run but nice too!public/style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif

wow solid nga yun bro. nice time :) congrats

small runs are actually nice. parang dun ko na nga gusto sumali kesa sa mga big events ng rio

may paparating na event, yung Kick the Habit 2. venue jan lang sa ULTRA, Pasig.. i might join there

Is there a specific org of runners in Metro Manila?

hmmm... actually parang wala naman solid na 1 main body

pero madami small groups, usually group of friends, or friends of friends or officemates na may passion for running

one of which is PinoyFitness na dumadami na members

ang alam ko MTC is trying to create a running group as well.. not sure what happened though

nung timex run i saw people from PEx (pinoy exchange) running group kasi may banner pa sila. I'm a member of that site pero nde naman ako active dun (blocked kasi sa office)

Are there orgs for Tagaytay trek here?

dont know if there is one, but that would be a good idea bro ^_^

@Turk

bro eto yung tukoy ko na upcoming run this Feb 26. kung tatakbo yung 3 chicks, habulan gahasa to pag nagkataon haha

http://www.takbo.ph/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Kick-the-Habit-21.jpg

dont know if there is one, but that would be a good idea bro ^_^

@Turk

bro eto yung tukoy ko na upcoming run this Feb 26. kung tatakbo yung 3 chicks, habulan gahasa to pag nagkataon haha

http://www.takbo.ph/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Kick-the-Habit-21.jpg

That's Ann (Roxanne) Barcelo right in the middle ^_^

Edited by pr0nmast3r

Jogged from Masinag to the way going to Antipolo (Palos Verde ata near Pork Barrel and a lil ahead to Cloud 9 resort) with the time of 1:01:35 and estimate distance of 8 or 9K. Solb since maganda na din pala road (thanks to the widening) at madami bikers which meant that you could run beside them and assure yourself that you won't be side swept by the cars and vehicles going up. Bihira pa lang tumatakbo from this route at lalong rare ang chicks so you'd probably take this route for the challenge and the scenery and not for the added view/inspiration tongue.gif

wow. nice time considering na uphill yun route mo bro. matry nga din to minsan ^_^

i ran last sunday from our house going to sta lucia mall (via marcos hway) then pabalik. took me 1hr 30mins (estimated distance 9-10k). ok sana kaso dami madilim na spots along marcos hiway

i was planning of running earlier today, kaso maulan (check nalang ng FRs hehe)

wow. nice time considering na uphill yun route mo bro. matry nga din to minsan ^_^

i ran last sunday from our house going to sta lucia mall (via marcos hway) then pabalik. took me 1hr 30mins (estimated distance 9-10k). ok sana kaso dami madilim na spots along marcos hiway

i was planning of running earlier today, kaso maulan (check nalang ng FRs hehe)

Diko na ganun katrip tumakbo sa Sta. Lucia lately eh especially with the conversion of their open parking space to condo ngayon, pero maganda pa din naman takbohin vertical parking nila. Yap, challenging nga way to Antipolo at may mga tumatakbo na din na runners dito maski kukunti. Good luck bro, solb ka sa terrain dito! Pero try doing it on weekends since mas kunti sasakyan or very early cguro since I also tried it on a Tuesday at mga 6:30AM nako nagsimula, dami sasakyan at kunti lang bikers so its not as ideal as compared during the weekends.

Jogged from Masinag to the way going to Antipolo (Palos Verde ata near Pork Barrel and a lil ahead to Cloud 9 resort) with the time of 1:01:35 and estimate distance of 8 or 9K. Solb since maganda na din pala road (thanks to the widening) at madami bikers which meant that you could run beside them and assure yourself that you won't be side swept by the cars and vehicles going up. Bihira pa lang tumatakbo from this route at lalong rare ang chicks so you'd probably take this route for the challenge and the scenery and not for the added view/inspiration

nasubukan ko na rin lakarin ito hanggang antipolo church para lang makita kung kaya ko tumakbo on this route. dahil linggo yun ng umaga, marami ngang cyclists of all levels, yung iba hirap, yung iba hindi. minsan nga on the steep inclines, parang kasing bilis bagal lang nila ako kaya nakakaaliw :P. for girls, it seems pretty safe naman kasi nga bihira ang long stretches of road na wala kang makakasabay na nagbibisikleta paakyat.

I practiced running in UP Diliman.... isang ikot 2.2km

and I also run at Marikina Sports Complex ... oval 400m

Well I also love the BGC but masyado marami stop light and minsan crowded sa traffic :ninja:

Stopped running at Marikina Sports Complex since i easily get bored running all over or again and again at the same oval. It gets crammed at times too sa dami ng tumatakbo minsan. In UP, you should try running outside of the academic oval, the one where you'd cross the campus entrance and you'd pass by Alumni Center and go thru the heartbreak hill. Try mo observe seasoned runners that veer away or take a different path to familiarize yourself with the route. Graduated in Diliman and been running here for quite a while until an office mate told me about heartbreak hill last year and boy must I say that it sure had some terrain on it. So far mas mahaba at steep pa din Antipolo but UP offers a more flexible course based on the fact that you could run here maski tanghali. Medyo malayo nga lang ako dito at nakakatamad minsan byahe tongue.gif

Stopped running at Marikina Sports Complex since i easily get bored running all over or again and again at the same oval. It gets crammed at times too sa dami ng tumatakbo minsan. In UP, you should try running outside of the academic oval, the one where you'd cross the campus entrance and you'd pass by Alumni Center and go thru the heartbreak hill. Try mo observe seasoned runners that veer away or take a different path to familiarize yourself with the route. Graduated in Diliman and been running here for quite a while until an office mate told me about heartbreak hill last year and boy must I say that it sure had some terrain on it. So far mas mahaba at steep pa din Antipolo but UP offers a more flexible course based on the fact that you could run here maski tanghali. Medyo malayo nga lang ako dito at nakakatamad minsan byahe tongue.gif

True sa UP.... kahit tanghali pede ka tumakbo... I also have tried the outskirt of the campus its around 8km per lap... Im familiar with the uphill... Sometimes I do my uphill speedworks there...

Sa Marikina 25 laps na yata pinakamahaba ko dun... if you start early medyo kaunti pa tao... I usually do speedworks there dahil exact ang sukat...

Well, I just started running last July of 2011... medyo marami pa akong dapat pagdaanan...:unsure:

I'll run the RU1 21km... and maybe Yakult 10miler...;)