Brain Vs Heart Vs Sexual Urges

Kala ko pa naman hypothalamus. May isang guy nagsabi kse sa kin nya.. i love you from the bottom of my hypothalamus. Hehe :D

Anyway, I've always used my brain. I may get crazy in love but always to the right person lang.. yun guy na with great qualifications (hindi good for nothing guy) and most importantly, mahal na mahal ako dapat. :)

correct me if i'm wrong here but i believe its the pituitary gland and not the hyphothalamus.

enough geekiness.

total package pa din!

Amygdala ..i think is in the hypothalamus..It's a pea size thing there..where emotions are regulated ..

correct... based on neuroanatomy the amygdala in the hypothalamus has been traditionally been the "controller" of some emotions... especially the endorphin high from love etc... though the frontal lobes are also associated with behavior and temperament....

so for me... the old-fashioned answere --- still the Heart :)

correct... based on neuroanatomy the amygdala in the hypothalamus has been traditionally been the "controller" of some emotions... especially the endorphin high from love etc... though the frontal lobes are also associated with behavior and temperament....

so for me... the old-fashioned answere --- still the Heart :)

If it's in the heart then ..why some heart transplants patients ..still love the same person they love..really scientificaly it's in the brain.and science is facts.. so i'm basing on facts not on the creative writers imaginations or hunches. :blink:

the heart is even though an involuntary muscle (we can't control physically like making it stop beating)... everything we feel like palpitation of the heart is brought by the brain.

i guess the question in this forum is about choosing a partner or a relationship...

do we use our emotion or do we use our intellect?

the heart is even though an involuntary muscle (we can't control physically like making it stop beating)... everything we feel like palpitation of the heart is brought by the brain.

i guess the question in this forum is about choosing a partner or a relationship...

do we use our emotion or do we use our intellect?

both are still in the brain in choosing partners.. it's all in the brain..it's adecision ..okey :cool:

Edited by sweeteenia
so it will still be your heart controlled by your brain that made the choice. ^_^

No coz kahit heart transplant pa .still the decision of loving someone is a decision from our subconcious.. it's in the brain why you love that someone.. the emotions is in the brain amygdala.

Edited by sweeteenia

It's the brain over the heart. Di naman nag iisip ang puso di ba.

Amygdala is more on storing; hypothalamus is more on producing hormone but they both have to do with emotions. Whichever both of them resides on the brain.

The hypothalamus controls body temperature, hunger, thirst, and circadian cycles. Also, among other hormones, it releases gonadotropin releasing hormone (GnRH). The neurons that secrete GnRH are linked to the limbic system, which is primarily involved in the control of emotions and sexual activity.

Amygdala perform primary roles in the formation and storage of memories associated with emotional events.

Much as I'd like to contribute to the geekiness of the answers, for me it's still a little bit of both. The brain makes you decide who you want and why you want them. The heart... well it really hurts when you suffer a really deep feeling of sadness. Argue about technicalities all you want but I don't think this kind of thing was never meant to be explained.

No coz kahit heart transplant pa .still the decision of loving someone is a decision from our subconcious.. it's in the brain why you love that someone.. the emotions is in the brain amygdala.

darling were talking bout a metaphorical heart over here not the actual one... peace :hypocritesmiley:

brain over heart for me....

right on sir... practicality rather than emotionally.

Guest foxtrotbravo
If it's in the heart then ..why some heart transplants patients ..still love the same person they love..really scientificaly it's in the brain.and science is facts.. so i'm basing on facts not on the creative writers imaginations or hunches. :blink:

a partial reprint form my Jan 8, 207 post....

Many scientists and philosophers, however, especially in the eastern cultures, dispute this. They believe that the heart, in fact, has its own “emotional brain”. The concept of the heart as the seat of emotions been around for thousand of years and in various cultures—from Africa, Egypt, China to the ancients civilizations of Europe and the Americas (though some cultures like Sweden relate the heart symbol to toilets and defecation J ).

Almost all of the major religions of the world agree in that the heart is the source of love, hate, grief and other emotions. Thousands of cliches about heart and love prove this. Now, I can’t say that these theories are without basis. In contrast to “brain” supporters, “heart” supporters contend that the heart works closely with the brain in terms of human emotions. While some experts might find it outside the mainstream of scientific thought, researchers in the HeartMath Institute (The Institute of HeartMath®, a nonprofit research organization based in Boulder Creek, CA, is a recognized global leader in researching the critical link among emotions, heart-brain communication and cognitive function), claim that the heart plays a role in the functioning of human intelligence, emotions and personality.

sometimes the brain tells the heart to go this way but the heart aint just in sync and goes the opposite direction.

how can u ever say that you're in love when in fact you're just playing with another person's emotions coz you're using your brain instead of your heart?

Edited by tabouki
Guest bleeding_angel

figuratively speaking ofcourse...

it should be the heart... but my head just does a lot of analyzing before anything begins... lest i fall into something my heart will not be able to take...

see... my head takes care of my heart...