Brain Vs Heart Vs Sexual Urges

let's all be honest...Homo sapiens sapiens are animals. some things are just built in to our systems. hence, taking out all the rationalizations people often resort to, it's plain and simple: sexual attraction, then conscious interactions, then finally idealization.

in lay terms: sexual urge -> brain -> proverbial heart.

for me para masabing in love ako...dapat he occupies my mind....i feel that we have connections...yung tipong nararamdaman ko if he has problem kahit di niya sabihin....i feel his presence kahit malayo siya...at higit sa lahat.....may lust akong dapat na nararamdaman everytime i think of him or im with him.

sabi nga ng tropa...pag walang lust...wag na ibf... friends na lang :D

of course the HEART! siya ang sisira sa bait mo and it will dictate your brain to think of that person more than anything. ur brain will process the strategy on how to get near her, how to win her, how to get close with her and the likes. sex for me is just a bonus since falling in love for me means having the right intentions for her. pag kinalabit niya ako, WHY NOT? i wont make the first move pero i will listen to body language - kse torpe po ako! takot ako ma-reject!

Edited by bigay_hilig

i think its not a question of the Brain vs the Heart vs Sexual Urges to determine whether you are in love or not... it should be the Brain + the Heart + Sexual Urges!!!

if all 3 exists then you have a winner (weaner??? :P )... sex will always be a part of any intimate relationship... love is the most intimate relationship of all kasi it transcends the physical.... goes into the emotional... and crosses over to the spiritual....

remember... sexual incompatability is grounds for annulment... so make sure you got all the bases covered or uncovered.... :cool:

biologically, when your body releases endorphins (hormones secreted by the brain) you will feel the sensation of "falling in love" such as euphoria (happiness, giddy, light). whenever you feel this sensation...you most often would say "im in love" with whomever you are associating those sensations with.

emotionally, whenever you feel a sense of "attachment" to a certain person...you begin to equate that with falling in love with that person. You begin to want to be with that particular individual more than others.

sexually, you feel attraction for the person...a strong urge to swap fluids. Hahahhahha. sexual attraction could happen without emotional attachment thus some people could just walk away after the act of coupling has taken place since the sexual urge has been satisfied.

so how do most people determine if they're in love? it should really a battle between the brain and the heart. Personally, I have been relying on my heart to help me decide on how i handle relationships in the past. Does it work? For me...sadly it does not. Now im approaching relationships ...and potential relationships...with both my brain and heart. As for the sexual urges...those come and go but once i start feeling a sense of "attachment" to a specific individual...i now consciously stand back a bit and listen to what my brain is telling me before i take a plunge. So far, my brain has kept me from making the same mistakes i have done in the past.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i've gotten to that point in my life where the main driver is the urge. once i get connected and intimacy sets in, the heart takes over. finally the brain when it starts asking if the relationship, which started with urge in the first place, is worth going the distance. usually, in my case, the brain kicks in when i start feeling the urge for somebody new

it is regrettable because i used to be driven by heart

• 2 weeks later...
biologically, when your body releases endorphins (hormones secreted by the brain) you will feel the sensation of "falling in love" such as euphoria (happiness, giddy, light). whenever you feel this sensation...you most often would say "im in love" with whomever you are associating those sensations with.

emotionally, whenever you feel a sense of "attachment" to a certain person...you begin to equate that with falling in love with that person. You begin to want to be with that particular individual more than others.

sexually, you feel attraction for the person...a strong urge to swap fluids. Hahahhahha. sexual attraction could happen without emotional attachment thus some people could just walk away after the act of coupling has taken place since the sexual urge has been satisfied.

so how do most people determine if they're in love? it should really a battle between the brain and the heart. Personally, I have been relying on my heart to help me decide on how i handle relationships in the past. Does it work? For me...sadly it does not. Now im approaching relationships ...and potential relationships...with both my brain and heart. As for the sexual urges...those come and go but once i start feeling a sense of "attachment" to a specific individual...i now consciously stand back a bit and listen to what my brain is telling me before i take a plunge. So far, my brain has kept me from making the same mistakes i have done in the past.

well said.. ^_^

hindi porket mahilig tau sa sexy ibig sabihin libog lang yun. ok tinuro lang to ng prof ko sa psyco 101. sabi nya based sa study ni sigmund frued maari daw na ang human desires a attractive a sexy person. pero in thier unconsious mind it just happen na exited lang sila kasi gusto nila ng healthy na offspring.

my mga guy na sobrang desire sa women in power kasi naniniwala sila na those women can produce a good offspring. sinasabi nila na nasarapan sila sa girl na sexy(commonly sabi nila sexual urge lang) pero sa unconsious mind nila they desire to have a good kids like them.

sa mga tao na gusto naman is brain nagkataon they value it to much andun ang pagpapahalaga nila.

not all is sexual urge.

heart ang pinaka complicated. madaling magmahal, madaling mabigo, madaling makarecover at madaling magmahal ulit. cycle lang lang. nagkakataon lang na yung iba mabagal ang cycle ng love nila. :mtc: