Tabletop Roleplaying Games

DARKSEED

@ shinobe and cocoy, now thats funny! wonder if his Charisma could stop a bullet. i remember a game where one of the players said hindi daw siya binaril dahil na charm niya ang shooter :wacko:

Holy CRAP! <_< Pag ganyan nag random roll na lang ako and then say "O ayan tinamaan ka ng kidlat" or "May nag summon ng GIANT HOPIA from the sky and drops it on your head" tapos ang explanation ko is its an "Act of GOD" :boo: Ang kulet! :thumbsupsmiley:

LOL! reminds me of the time we played Champions during high school. we had a classmate whose character had just average stats. binuhos niya lahat ng points niya on getting extreme luck. yun tuloy, palaging tinatamaan ng nahulog na flowerpot, falling billboards, struck by lightning, ang mga kalaban namin :lol: :thumbsupsmiley:

@miggyE: Ano iyan parang GURPS?

Champions is a superhero game based on the HERO system. depending on your GM, you get between 150 and 350 points to purchase physical attributes, skills, and powers. lets say attributes of an average person is 10, 1 point above that will cost you 1 purchase point, 1 point above 20 will be 2 purchase points. skills, contacts, lifestyle, and powers are likewise purchased. you could spend more than the budget, but then you have to balance this by getting disabilities, i.e. weakness to kryptonite-ultimately fatal, alcoholism, wanted by the FBI/mafia as a vigilante, escaped con, ailing aunt, etc. also your powers could have a focus which then lowers their cost, i.e. iron man's power armor would cost you 1/2 purchase cost as you have to wear it to use the powers.

all in all, your hero comes out more rounded and with a built-in story line compared with other superhero games.

Champions is a superhero game based on the HERO system. depending on your GM, you get between 150 and 350 points to purchase physical attributes, skills, and powers. lets say attributes of an average person is 10, 1 point above that will cost you 1 purchase point, 1 point above 20 will be 2 purchase points. skills, contacts, lifestyle, and powers are likewise purchased. you could spend more than the budget, but then you have to balance this by getting disabilities, i.e. weakness to kryptonite-ultimately fatal, alcoholism, wanted by the FBI/mafia as a vigilante, escaped con, ailing aunt, etc. also your powers could have a focus which then lowers their cost, i.e. iron man's power armor would cost you 1/2 purchase cost as you have to wear it to use the powers.

all in all, your hero comes out more rounded and with a built-in story line compared with other superhero games.

Yup was able to play this a few times before lalo na nung nauso yung x-men and my players were all artist from Fine Arts. We ended up making comic book stories for the original characters that we made.

Masaya nito we all could make illustrations of all our characters. Kahit ako nasanay mag sketch ng mabilis to show them how an opponent looks like during the game.