Tabletop Roleplaying Games

DARKSEED

try the 4th ed and 5th ed versions of D&D. too hack and slash for my taste. transferred my group to Pathfinder RPG myself. you could also look up the old 3.5 ed rules, as these are in open game license format and could be downloaded for free, sans D&D specific creatures and art.....

@miggyE: just checked the Pathfinder SRD and I now regret ignoring them for so long. Paizo's take on cantrips is just mindblowing! Thanks for the awesome tip, man ;)

I agree. So far, DnD next appears to be geared more for the old-timers who only have time to play a quick game of wholesale slaughter before getting back to their families. Their inclusion of backgrounds and themes seem to hint at future playtest iterations encouraging more roleplaying, however.

BTW, where do you get your miniatures and dice?

try the 4th ed and 5th ed versions of D&D. too hack and slash for my taste. transferred my group to Pathfinder RPG myself. you could also look up the old 3.5 ed rules, as these are in open game license format and could be downloaded for free, sans D&D specific creatures and art.....

@miggyE: just checked the Pathfinder SRD and I now regret ignoring them for so long. Paizo's take on cantrips is just mindblowing! Thanks for the awesome tip, man ;)

I agree. So far, D&D next appears to be geared more for the old-timers who only have time to play a quick game of wholesale slaughter before getting back to their families. WotC's inclusion of backgrounds and themes seem to hint at future playtest iterations encouraging more roleplaying, however.

@kimkinnison: That is the question. I also would like to know.

LOL yun nga, eh. NG carries polyhedrals other than d20s, but they're magnetic metal and kind of expensive. As for the miniatures, I guess you can settle for the printed kind (unless your players are picky). Printed miniatures also allow for designing large encounters for a very low price :)

I agree. So far, D&D next appears to be geared more for the old-timers who only have time to play a quick game of wholesale slaughter before getting back to their families. WotC's inclusion of backgrounds and themes seem to hint at future playtest iterations encouraging more roleplaying, however.

sorry for the late reply. got my dice 5 years ago, as a gift from my Fiancee back then. she bought it from Neutral Grounds. as for miniatures, i got maybe four boxes of them, from a colleague whose father had thought having some miniatures carved into chess pieces. after copying the miniatures, he gave them to me. the miniatures are from the 3.5 D&D pa though......

BTW, try out some of the Companion booklets of Pathfinder, especially the Distant Worlds one, where you could play off into other places, not just the standard areas. also, Pathfinder/Paizo is making a MMPORG due for release soon. and there's a ala-D20 Modern in the works.....

Edited by miggyE

sorry for the late reply. got my dice 5 years ago, as a gift from my Fiancee back then. she bought it from Neutral Grounds. as for miniatures, i got maybe four boxes of them, from a colleague whose father had thought having some miniatures carved into chess pieces. after copying the miniatures, he gave them to me. the miniatures are from the 3.5 D&D pa though......

BTW, try out some of the Companion booklets of Pathfinder, especially the Distant Worlds one, where you could play off into other places, not just the standard areas. also, Pathfinder/Paizo is making a MMPORG due for release soon. and there's a ala-D20 Modern in the works.....

Quite alright. Distant Worlds looks like a sword and planet version of Spelljammer. Galing! My group will definitely look into that once we're ready to move on to something with more crunch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

actually kim, in 3.5 rules, the Aasimar sorcerer with a celestial bloodline (you could also choose a destined, or arcane bloodlines for the Aasimar) releases a bolt of flame 3+ (bonus due to Cha)/day. this could either heal or harm (in the case of evil npcs). damage/healing comes to 4+ 1/2 lvl.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

PEOPLE, IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT, THEN THIS IS NOT YOUR FORUM!!!! YOU ARE JUST SHOWING HOW LACKING IN NEURONS YOU REALLY ARE.......

back to topic folks. starting a Traveller RPG campaign. do you guys have any suggestions? thinking of something between Serenity/Firefly and a missing princess plot.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...