Sports Cards Collectors

Fitzroy

nakatawa isipin, Dito sa Australia(dollars wise nila dito) mura lang mga packs. Pwede pa nga tawadan. Di kse sikat bbol dito. Kahit nga si Bogut di kilala sa ibang parts. (BTW, I dealt poker to him. Yung tuhod lampas poker table.) Pero meron din Iilan. May forum pa nga sila eh. Sa sobrang mura ng packs dito ang labanan eh box breaking. May mga live breaks pa sa forums. Anyho, tulad sa Pinas malas pa din ako kahit box na bilin ko. Puro Spanoulis na-open kong auto. Sigh! Na-miss ko nga shop nila edsel sa creek side at greenhills. At least you know what you are buying at a good price. Spoiled kayo dyan mga leche kayo!!! Hahaha. Di pa din sila maniwala pinoy ang may hawak ng atty23ball account.

This thread is too quiet.. But good news! Ilang tulog na lang at mag-bubukas na ulit ang NBA..

This thread and cardboard collecting should pick up once the new season builds up..

Just to push some hobby interest, I want to share some of my recent Spurs cards pick-ups...

Tony Parker Exquisite Dual Jersey #d to 25 and Tim Duncan Exquisite Gold Parallel #d to 25.. All came from attyball23's e-bay items.. Not as expensive as compared to Vertu's collection, but nonetheless, these are treasured pieces in my eyes.. :thumbsupsmiley:

post-75683-1193744938.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

lahat naman ng rookie talagang pangit ang rookie season record gaya nila A.I., Wade,Melo, Bosh, Dwight, Lebron, KG, VC.. si TD lang ata ang rookie na playoffs agad at superstar agad ang status hehe IMO kulang lang si Durant sa quick step.. di nya maiwanan agad ang bantay sa kanya.. pano pa kaya kung c Bowen hehe

tnx. pare, who is much worth it kaya, durant o oden? since injured oden its hard to decide, durant namin, seattle not doing well, so parang its hard to invest as businessman side hehe,

Collecting NBA cards are always a gamble.. Especially rookie cards of a certain player.. Injuries and even lackluster team performances can break a collection.. Even trades can affect the prices of cards.. Case in point, Grant Hill and Penny Hardaway.. Cards of these players have really taken a hit because of their injuries and they have never looked back.. Attitude can also derail the popularity of a player's cards.. Vince Carter's rookie cards were way way up before.. And now, the spill his cards took has not really taken a resurrection..

I started collecting Tim Duncan during his rookie season.. I decided to collect him because I always pull his good inserts and RCs.. So, medyo tsamba din ang pag-decide ko na kolektahin siya.. Remember when he came out, Mercer and Van Horn were the hobby faves.. So, cheap ko nakuha mga RCs niya (except for my Chrome RC), and they have gone up but his prices stabilized already..

Therefore, much like any other investments or business endeavors, card collecting/investing is a gamble..

So, Durant or Oden? Tough choice? Not necessarily.. For one, Oden's injured and Durant is a shoe-in for ROY (barring injuries ofcourse).. Kevin Durant's rookie cards will be difficult to obtain (as of now) if you are not willing to shell out large sums of money.. Hell! Even Acie Law and Horford's RCs are expensive, and compared to Durant's early performances, these players are way way far..

The only problem is that Durant's cardboard prices are way way up at the get go.. And there is not really much more room to go up.. So investment wise hindi din magandang gastusan, coz in a businessman's perspective its buy cheap and sell more di ba? With Oden, his cards won't be as high as Durant's.. Not just because of the season ending operation but because collectors believe that Centers are boring players.. But we will never know once he plays di ba? So, right now, IMO, its also good to get some Oden rookie cards.. But, as of now, Durant is the man to watch.. The question is: Is it high time to get his cards or should one wait for his performance to taper down, but would his performance taper down or would it even improve?

I would love to get Durant's cards now, but I feel that thay are too expensive.. And collectors might just get tired once Seattle regresses into the pit as the season moves along.. But if money and my finances permit, I would get some of his cheaper cards.. Sana lang makakuha.. :rolleyes:

At bihira sa hobby ang isang Lebron James.. Kung saan mataas na ang presyo ng rookie cards niya from the start and tumaas pa lalo as his career goes on.. But even the King was not safe from the price rollback.. Coz his cards went down a bit during his second season.. But went up again, because of his performances.. Lebron James is being tagged as basketball's next heir.. Durant is not the next heir, but just the next Garnett di ba? That is why, Durant's card prices have a big chance to taper down (if compared to LBJ) in the future.. He might be the hottest hobby rookie right now, but wait until OJ Mayo comes.. His cards might just be easier to obtain then..

Happy investing, bro..

Collecting NBA cards are always a gamble.. Especially rookie cards of a certain player.. Injuries and even lackluster team performances can break a collection.. Even trades can affect the prices of cards.. Case in point, Grant Hill and Penny Hardaway.. Cards of these players have really taken a hit because of their injuries and they have never looked back.. Attitude can also derail the popularity of a player's cards.. Vince Carter's rookie cards were way way up before.. And now, the spill his cards took has not really taken a resurrection..

I started collecting Tim Duncan during his rookie season.. I decided to collect him because I always pull his good inserts and RCs.. So, medyo tsamba din ang pag-decide ko na kolektahin siya.. Remember when he came out, Mercer and Van Horn were the hobby faves.. So, cheap ko nakuha mga RCs niya (except for my Chrome RC), and they have gone up but his prices stabilized already..

Therefore, much like any other investments or business endeavors, card collecting/investing is a gamble..

So, Durant or Oden? Tough choice? Not necessarily.. For one, Oden's injured and Durant is a shoe-in for ROY (barring injuries ofcourse).. Kevin Durant's rookie cards will be difficult to obtain (as of now) if you are not willing to shell out large sums of money.. Hell! Even Acie Law and Horford's RCs are expensive, and compared to Durant's early performances, these players are way way far..

The only problem is that Durant's cardboard prices are way way up at the get go.. And there is not really much more room to go up.. So investment wise hindi din magandang gastusan, coz in a businessman's perspective its buy cheap and sell more di ba? With Oden, his cards won't be as high as Durant's.. Not just because of the season ending operation but because collectors believe that Centers are boring players.. But we will never know once he plays di ba? So, right now, IMO, its also good to get some Oden rookie cards.. But, as of now, Durant is the man to watch.. The question is: Is it high time to get his cards or should one wait for his performance to taper down, but would his performance taper down or would it even improve?

I would love to get Durant's cards now, but I feel that thay are too expensive.. And collectors might just get tired once Seattle regresses into the pit as the season moves along.. But if money and my finances permit, I would get some of his cheaper cards.. Sana lang makakuha.. :rolleyes:

At bihira sa hobby ang isang Lebron James.. Kung saan mataas na ang presyo ng rookie cards niya from the start and tumaas pa lalo as his career goes on.. But even the King was not safe from the price rollback.. Coz his cards went down a bit during his second season.. But went up again, because of his performances.. Lebron James is being tagged as basketball's next heir.. Durant is not the next heir, but just the next Garnett di ba? That is why, Durant's card prices have a big chance to taper down (if compared to LBJ) in the future.. He might be the hottest hobby rookie right now, but wait until OJ Mayo comes.. His cards might just be easier to obtain then..

Happy investing, bro..

bro, i thank you very much for your insights, tama ka, its always brings it to luck din, sayang mga grant hill collection ko nun, jason kidd buti na lang mayroon din ako :) hehe

hehe hi guys i break a box yesterday ng upperdeck 2004 - 2005 first time k lang hihihh

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/jeace10/DSC03939.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/jeace10/DSC03940.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/jeace10/DSC03941.jpg

and got this also

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/jeace10/DSC03946.jpg

hehe hi guys i break a box yesterday ng upperdeck 2004 - 2005 first time k lang hihihh

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/jeace10/DSC03939.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/jeace10/DSC03940.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/jeace10/DSC03941.jpg

and got this also

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/jeace10/DSC03946.jpg

That's what I call..

BEGINNER'S LUCK! :thumbsupsmiley:

@revi hahaha actually gusto ko na nga bumili ulit kaya lng pigil mode magpapasko na ee dami reregaluha hehehe

@styx310 thanx :)

@art_anthill heheh wak naman sana baka makapagbreak pa ako isa box hihihh

@pau_gasol hehehe unga sana mahal din to :P

@ ALL gusto ko sana cya benta sa ebay international kaya lang wala akong paypal :( any other means of payment? na alam nyo??