Sports Cards Collectors

Fitzroy

Guys, Vertu and company opened 2 cases of EX & 8 cases of SP Signature last night.. I also saw the 70++ UD Blacks that Vertu opened in the States last week.. I will post pictures later on.. Abangan niyo na lang..

The EX gave so-so pulls.. Key RC pull was the Bargnanai Auto RC.. Several patches.. and 3 Jambalayas, most notable of which is the Stephon Marbury Jambalaya..

The SP Signature gave us good stuff.. Several 4 and 5 player autographs (5 player autographs in one card).. Most notable was the Lebron, Jordan, Magic, Bird, Erving.. We also got the Marks of Distinction autograph of MJ and, 3 common signatures of His Airness.. AKA Autographs of Magic, Gervin, Archibald.. Inkscriptions of Laimbeer, Deron Williams, Jordan Farmar, etc..

UD Blacks that were opened in the States yielded sick patches of Allen Iverson, Vince Carter, Mourning, Kevin McHale etc.. They were also able to get an on-card patch autograph of Larry Bird, a Jordan Jersey autograph #d to 15 and a Lebron Jersey autograph #d to 15.. I also saw a George Gervin on-card patch autograph.. they actually got two Gervins..

And ofcourse my baby, a UD Black Gold Jersey #d to 25 of Tim Duncan.. hehe!!! Was so happy last night.. :P

The SP Signature, UD Blacks and EX that were opened and sorted last night will be available in Vertu's store in VMall, Greenhills tomorrow at around 1 PM, FYI..

Again, I shall post pictures later on.. Paki-abangan niyo na lang.. :thumbsupsmiley:

@REVI SAN BA ANG STORE NI VERTU?

@Edward: Vertu has two stores.. He has one in Virra Mall, Greenhills.. 2nd floor.. Near Toy Kingdom.. The store has no name and is actually also selling airsoft stuff.. The other store is in SM Megamall, Basement.. Near Ace Hardware.. JAE Collectibles ang name.. The store is mainly a toy shop but may istante dun that carries Vertu's cards/singles..

Edited by revi

Whenever I visit beckett.com's message forums, I usually visit the Basketball Box Breaks threads.. I noticed that there are posters there who have opened a lot of UD Blacks.. But usually the breaks are just in the maximum of 25 packs.. Not near the vicinity of 70++ packs that Vertu opened in the States last week.. He brought the packs with him and I took a picture of the pile of UD Blacks as you can see below..

*The UD Black is a new concept of Upper Deck.. UD Blacks are inserted in several low end products of Upper Deck (i.e., Ovation, Rookie Debut - both are inserted at 1 per case, and Hardcourt, inserted at one per box).. They are actually redemption cards when you pull them out of packs.. The UD Black line/cards can only be received by redeeming the UD Black redemption cards over UpperDeck.com.. In a nutshell, its actually a redemption program for an exclusive set.. The only catch is that you don't know what kind of UD Black card you would be receiving, and the player involved.. So, the odds are still stacked against the redeemer..

Here is the pile of UD Black cards before we sorted them out.. :cool:

post-75683-1176361556.jpg

Edited by revi

Most notbale pulls from the 16 cases of SP Signature.. 5 Star signatures of All-Star Centers.. and 5 Star Signatures of the Greats, Jordan's Marks of Distinction and the common autograph of Jordan..

The SP Authentic Autograph of Jordan was actually redeemed from last year's SP Authentic line..

The 4 star signature that contains the Drexler autograph also contains Brandon Roy's signature at the back.. all Blazers..

My favorite are the three UD Blacks in the middle.. They are beautifully crafted cards, IMO.. The Jordan and the Lebron are numbered to just 15.. The Bird autograph is sick.. My goodness!!!

post-75683-1176362134.jpg

If ever that card would go for sale, it will not be at the store. It will be auctioned on Ebay. Rare cards are posted on Ebay.

Clyde, if you are really interested in it, give me an offer. My partners and i will talk about it.

If there are cards that would interest any collector that are low numbered and are not offered in the store, PM me your offers. I will not quote prices on unpriced cards.

That is an SOP with us.

When the new Fleer came out.. A lot of people speculated on getting the autographed buybacks of several 86-87 RCs which includes the most coveted of them all.. the Fleer Jordan RC.. These cards were inserted as redemptions..

Vertu received several cards already.. The best of the bunch is this..

A Hakeem Olajuwon Fleer RC autographed.. #d to 6.. :cool:

post-75683-1176790685.jpg

When the new Fleer came out.. A lot of people speculated on getting the autographed buybacks of several 86-87 RCs which includes the most coveted of them all.. the Fleer Jordan RC.. These cards were inserted as redemptions..

Vertu received several cards already.. The best of the bunch is this..

A Hakeem Olajuwon Fleer RC autographed.. #d to 6.. :cool:

Very nice! Congrats on the nice redemption! I hope walang Malone na ganyan. I'm sure maiiyak lang ako sa inggit. hehehe. may Jordan na bang nakuha si sir vertu?

Very nice! Congrats on the nice redemption! I hope walang Malone na ganyan. I'm sure maiiyak lang ako sa inggit. hehehe. may Jordan na bang nakuha si sir vertu?

I think Vertu did not get any Jordans (nor Malones).. But there are still redemptions coming up.. So, may chance pa.. I do hope he gets a Jordan RC auto.. That would really be something.. I am sure tulo laway ng mga Kano niyan kapag nakita nila na merong lumabas na ganyan sa 'Pinas.. :)

I think Vertu did not get any Jordans (nor Malones).. But there are still redemptions coming up.. So, may chance pa.. I do hope he gets a Jordan RC auto.. That would really be something.. I am sure tulo laway ng mga Kano niyan kapag nakita nila na merong lumabas na ganyan sa 'Pinas.. :)

Wait, are you saying that when you pull a redemption card, you are not yet sure what card you are getting?

Wait, are you saying that when you pull a redemption card, you are not yet sure what card you are getting?

Yup.. Much like the UD Blacks, you don't know what kind of autographed card you would be receiving.. and who would be the player on the card.. Ang naka-lagay sa redemption card ay "Random Player.." Yun lang ang nakalagay.. :D The Fleer redemptions are seeded at approximately, one per case, FYI..