What Is Your Religion.

this i just posted in another forum, on dual religions ----

am a product of a mixed marriage - of both firm believers, i would say - one staunch Catholic, and one loyal Methodist.

i say firm because neither would get, and never got converted to the other.

my take on this? as long as the parents wouldnt force the kids into either of the religions, then its ok.

you may let them be baptized in one, to make it official, but it is just right to let them make a choice as they grow up.

it never became a problem on my part, neither on the family.

the most that we've had were debates over dinner, which would end amicably (and amusingly, i would say).

i pride myself in being able to attend mass in a catholic church, and likewise attend services in protestant churches, and now at GCF where i unofficially go.

it will always be a personal choice.

and it will likewise be a choice, if you will get yourself confused or not, bothered by it or not.

i choose not to.

simply because my personal relationship with God doesnt begin and end in churches and masses and services, and in what my birth certificate says.

it goes way beyond that.

:hypocritesmiley:

Kristiyano

Muslim

Hindu

Jews

Shinto

Others that believe in "God"

Kung isa sa kanila ang tama, ibig sabihin yung iba ay mali.

Kaso di natin masasabi kung sino ang mali at tama kaya lumalabas na parang tama sila lahat. Mas matindi ang Faith kesa Logic kaya madalas madaming nabubulag.

Edited by BenRomansa
this i just posted in another forum, on dual religions ----

am a product of a mixed marriage - of both firm believers, i would say - one staunch Catholic, and one loyal Methodist.

i say firm because neither would get, and never got converted to the other.

my take on this? as long as the parents wouldnt force the kids into either of the religions, then its ok.

you may let them be baptized in one, to make it official, but it is just right to let them make a choice as they grow up.

it never became a problem on my part, neither on the family.

the most that we've had were debates over dinner, which would end amicably (and amusingly, i would say).

i pride myself in being able to attend mass in a catholic church, and likewise attend services in protestant churches, and now at GCF where i unofficially go.

it will always be a personal choice.

and it will likewise be a choice, if you will get yourself confused or not, bothered by it or not.

i choose not to.

simply because my personal relationship with God doesnt begin and end in churches and masses and services, and in what my birth certificate says.

it goes way beyond that.

:hypocritesmiley:

very well said doc..

to vheRR

sagutin ko po ito kung ok lang. base on the bible po ako kaso di ko kabisado verses sensya na.

question 1.) Do you believe the Bible is the word of God and is therefore without errors ?

Ang bible po hindi word of God pero maraming salita dito salita ng Diyos. Hahanapin nyo lang po kung alin dun ang salita nya, kasi ang biblia at spanish word yata w/c means "mga aklat" na naglalaman ng mga history at teaching ng Diyos.

question 2.) Is Jesus God or mere man ?

Base on the bible Jesus is a God who transformed himself to a man to save mankind.

question 3.) Do you believe in God being one yet in 3 persons, the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit ?

No they are 3 different persons or character. They are one simply because the are united sa isang prinsipyo "kabutihan".

May mga senaryo sa bible na nag-uusap sila so magkakaiba sila. example is nung binautismuhan ni john si jesus sa river nag open ang heaven then nagsalita ang Diyos Ama then bumaba ang holy spirit kay jesus. i-analyze nyo kung si jesus yung Ama bakit pa sya baba eh nasa river na nga sya di ba?

question 4.) What is your understanding of salvation ? How can a person go to heaven ?

we can achieve salvation if we believe in the teachings of christ and obey them till death, yun ang way ng tao para makarating ng heaven.

question 5.) Is the church relevent to you ? Why or why not ?

it is relevant only if you have faith and a God beleiver. if aasa ka lagi sa science wala mangyayari sayo kasi may mga bagay sa science na di maipapaliwanag at isa pa mas advance ang bible kesa sa science example nito ay nasa bible na nakalagay na bilog ang mundo bago pa natuklasan ng science.

Question 6 " Is one sin enough for a person to be sent to hell ? why do you say so ? "

depende po yan. kapag ang tao di nya alam ginagawa nya ay mali or malakaing kasalanan sa Diyos may kapatawaran yan pero kapag ang isang tao ay naturuan at nakatikim ng mga hiwaga ng Diyos ibang usapan na yan example po ang mga fallen angels di sila pinatawad ng Diyos nung nagkasala sila kasi halos lahat alam ng mga anghel kesa sa mga tao.

no flame intended peace.

Edited by generalz
Kristiyano

Muslim

Hindu

Jews

Shinto

Kaso di natin masasabi kung sino ang mali at tama kaya lumalabas na parang tama sila lahat. Mas matindi ang Faith kesa Logic kaya madalas madaming nabubulag.

para malaman mo kung sino tama subukin mo ang doctrines nila kung tama.

• 1 month later...
Kristiyano

Muslim

Hindu

Jews

Shinto

What if - God is indeed powerful and does not need anything at all? Hence - he does not have any requirements for us and all these paths have the same destination and therefore all paths are "correct".

What if the ultimate error is claiming that there is only one correct path to God?

Hindi ako si vheRR pero gusto ko rin sanang sagutin ito based on my new beliefs about God:

question 1.) Do you believe the Bible is the word of God and is therefore without errors ?

The Catholic Bible - and any other Bibles out there for that matter - are the words of inspired men and are likewise limited and affected by the biases, training and experience of these men. All of them contain great wisdom that we can apply until now, but to hold on to every word as true even when our experiences and evidences point otherwise is to be blind to reality.

We have to learn to adjust our old knowledge and come up with new knowledge as we come to understand life some more.

question 2.) Is Jesus God or mere man ?

From how we usually use the term God, no, Jesus is a mere mortal. He was a Master no doubt about it - and he showed as a way to mastery which we can all achieve. That's what masters do - Buddah, Mohammed, etc - they show us a way to mastery - demonstrating to us how we can achieve it. If you have read the Talmud of Jmmanuel, it will offer some insight into why Jmmanuel came to be Jesus The Christ.

Now, for some who consider God to be the everything and nothing - yup, Jesus is God...but so is everything else, including you. You are a microcosm of the macrocosm, made of the same stuff as everything else - a process that we call Life. A term synonymous to Love and God

question 3.) Do you believe in God being one yet in 3 persons, the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit ?

There is only a unity, all is one and there is nothing else. God is everything and nothing.

question 4.) What is your understanding of salvation ? How can a person go to heaven ?

Salvation is when you remember that you are God, no need to go to Heaven because Heaven is right there within you, right now

question 5.) Is the church relevent to you ? Why or why not ?

The Church has its uses, but its influence on me is not that big

Question 6 " Is one sin enough for a person to be sent to hell ? why do you say so ? "

In unity - there is no such thing as Hell. How can there be one when there is only one thing going around? Everything that is is God and God has absolutely no need and no requirement. You don't even need to believe in Her like vheRR. We just took the the words of the Catholic Bible literally - something Pope John Paul II tried to speak about but really our beliefs are so deeply ingrained that we did not take notice.

What will make us then stop doing our "evil" things? Why would you if you see everything else as one? Why would you if you feel the unity in everything?

• 3 months later...

i was born a catholic and grew up with it...

although most of my relatives on my father side are all protestant, this does not bother us at all. i have also a relative who went out of the mainstream religion, joined other religious sect and this does not affect us either. the important thing is we respect each others beliefs.

for me, religion is a congregation of believers with a common mission in search of divine providence to guide us in our moments of uncertainty and despair.

we need it any either way...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

im roman catholic by nature,but when i really felt god presence it open my mind that it doest matter what congregation you are.they just there to guide you and put you in the right direction.coz as individual we must seek god in our own way and not every one really have the chance to know him and accept him by heart.to some one who does its a blessing coz you know the felling and the experience and you are bond to that connection and you will realize that he is existing all along.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I personally have no religion, but that doesn't mean I don't have faith or I don't believe in Someone beyond. We imposed our religion on our own selves. Somehow, it is simply relative to one's culture and way of living, which in fact are always in the process of restructuring. :)