Classical Music

baboyboy

Bach and Vivaldi!!!

There are some great websites where you can download the classical composers' sheet music if you play an instrument. PM me if you'd like to know the urls or if you're looking for a particular piece.

hi! hope my query doesn't turn you off but why/what do you like about bach and vivaldi?

hi! hope my query doesn't turn you off but why/what do you like about bach and vivaldi?

Piano composition, well if play piano, you'll understand that some classical music are used to educate people as to how to play the piano, after you play a couple of compos, especially Bachs, you'll really love classical music,its soothing.

If ever you would want to listen to classical music, try listening to Joe Satriani, he turns piano compositions to guitar, playing

Satch Boogie, Beethoven's 5th, and such to guitar tunes.

Piano composition, well if play piano, you'll understand that some classical music are used to educate people as to how to play the piano, after you play a couple of compos, especially Bachs, you'll really love classical music,its soothing.

If ever you would want to listen to classical music, try listening to Joe Satriani, he turns piano compositions to guitar, playing

Satch Boogie, Beethoven's 5th, and such to guitar tunes.

i don't get it. do you mean classical music is good bec. it soothes you? good for you because most of what i listen to i find intellectually challenging. take for example schoenberg's transfigured night, where he narrates [in expressionist manner] the angst of a woman caught in a dilemma as to how to explain to her lover that she is pregnant with another man; she eventually does and the man after a struggle with himself accepts the situation; this event changes the whole universe for them.

and a comment on joe satriani, THAT is not classical music. being able to play to soprano line of a symphony does not mean you are playing THE symphony, you are merely quoting. instead of listening to satriani, isn't it much better to listen to the real thing? more to the point- wouldn't you rather eat the sizzling steak instead of the plastic display?

i don't get it. do you mean classical music is good bec. it soothes you? good for you because most of what i listen to i find intellectually challenging. take for example schoenberg's transfigured night, where he narrates [in expressionist manner] the angst of a woman caught in a dilemma as to how to explain to her lover that she is pregnant with another man; she eventually does and the man after a struggle with himself accepts the situation; this event changes the whole universe for them.

and a comment on joe satriani, THAT is not classical music. being able to play to soprano line of a symphony does not mean you are playing THE symphony, you are merely quoting. instead of listening to satriani, isn't it much better to listen to the real thing? more to the point- wouldn't you rather eat the sizzling steak instead of the plastic display?

Joe satriani's music is a typical mood setter, if you try to listen to his soprano lines(as you said in your previous quote) you might like it (depending on the person). Let me give you a better explanation, before listening to some contemporary music, which is to others really boring even for me once, I 1st had an advice from a friend to listen to Satriani's music, so after I had listened to Satriani,I realized that I like that song but I prefer listening to it in a more soothing play, after listening to its symphony version I then developed a craving to contempo and classic songs, it really depends on the person. Others tend to listen to the revival of a certain song rather than its original, but sometimes we tend to hate its revival then tune back to its original, thats my point. Another example is I like listening to classical music and to its remixed version playing it on my guitar or piano, like Beethoven's 5th played in piano and then in guitars, theres a sort of a craving you develop after months of practice playing it either by guitar or piano, so to others, playing a song in piano over and over makes him realize that he appreciates it and even likes it.

So to others, even if you wont believe me, a plastic display is much more appriciated than a sizzling steak, and why is it that? They cant eat a sizzling steak, maybe because they are too old and with its high colesterol and fats, its a deadly meal, so they would rather watch a plastic display. :lol: :lol: ,its the simple things that makes us appreciate the bigger things in life.

But then again, why read a book that you cant understand? thats the same reason why some people dont like reading a book or listening to this type of music, its either they have a hard time in understanding it, or they dont appreciate it. Its a concept of understanding, to some they like jazz,they hate pop, others love rap, they hate rock, it depends entirely on the person, he cam either sits back, relax, try to appreciate the song and try to understand its concept, or he would rather listen to other songs with simplier lyrics.

frankly, i still don't understand what you are talking about. be that as it may, let's leave it at that.

to that person who loves bach and vivaldi, i hope you've listened to the recordings made by trevor pinnock and i think the english chamber orchestra on period instruments. i downloaded the brandenburg concerti [all 6] and another earlier recording with benjamin britten conducting and i must say that the pinnock recording really puts you back in the period. their use of sonido blanco is very effective.

frankly, i still don't understand what you are talking about. be that as it may, let's leave it at that.

to that person who loves bach and vivaldi, i hope you've listened to the recordings made by trevor pinnock and i think the english chamber orchestra on period instruments. i downloaded the brandenburg concerti [all 6] and another earlier recording with benjamin britten conducting and i must say that the pinnock recording really puts you back in the period. their use of sonido blanco is very effective.

Thanks, well thanks for reading my previous posts, even if its a little hard to understand, and I hope others would have a better understanding in listening to contemporary and classical music.

check out the calendar of CCP [cultural center of the philippines] and you can also try the local conservatories. also try to follow the season of the clarion ensemble

Ill try to be there...

I love bach..esp.Air on the G string and Ave Maria (prelude in C)..Betthoven's moonlight sonata and mozarts..

good for you girl! seems to me you like the slower pieces. maybe you would also like the impressionists: check out ravel's pavane for a dead princess, debussy's clair de lune [moonlight], satie's gymnopedies.

for unlimited streaming internet classical music, try www.wnyc.org for new york's finest classical tunes...go NPR!

better yet, log on to live-radio.net to get a listing of all radio stations offering classical, contemporary, adult, pop, etc. music genres...

happy listening...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
good for you girl! seems to me you like the slower pieces. maybe you would also like the impressionists: check out ravel's pavane for a dead princess, debussy's clair de lune [moonlight], satie's gymnopedies.

Nice suggestion! That's where people should head next to further deepen their classical music experience. But don't give up on Baroque if you haven't sat through Bach's Unaccompanied Cello Suites. Intense!

• 2 weeks later...
Nice suggestion! That's where people should head next to further deepen their classical music experience. But don't give up on Baroque if you haven't sat through Bach's Unaccompanied Cello Suites. Intense!

No.. you don't have to say that coz i am already into classical music.. Bach's baroque( air on the g-string) and prelude in C are my faves..I am a pianist you know.. a classical pianist.. but i am versatile or flexible I can play jazz, pop, upbeat too and etc. on the piano or keyboard..

No.. you don't have to say that coz i am already into classical music.. Bach's baroque( air on the g-string) and prelude in C are my faves..I am a pianist you know.. a classical pianist.. but i am versatile or flexible I can play jazz, pop, upbeat too and etc. on the piano or keyboard..

very interesting! have you read or played the danzas espanolas by enrique granados? do you like them too?