New Bombay Canteen?

Hey, I've eaten there with some Indian friends some time back.

Ok naman siya. May AC kaya dehin masyadong maamoy mga ibang customers. :P

Food was good and quite reasonably priced. :)

Plus, I think that they cook the best Kambing in the business. Walang amoy at aftertaste. :cool:

Pero kasi, Indian food is an acquired atste, so kung dehin mo masyadng type, duon ka na lang sa medyo medium-end Indian resto like Kashmir sa Pasay Road or Prince of Jaipur sa Fort.

i loved their food. kse its authentic indian. plus very reasonable.

even the one in rada was pretty good too.

diba the judge of whether its a good resto is if the natives eat there? :)

chicken tandoori!

Chicken is my least favorite meat. But if I really have to, then here are the choices:

1. KFC Hot & Crispy

2. Tinola cooked by my lola

3. Arroz caldo cooked by my older sister

4. Hainanese Chicken Rice at Bun Tong Kee

5. Tandoori Chicken at Andra Curry

Can't think of anything else.

Note: So far, I have not tasted any Hainanese Chicken rice in Manila that is at par with the good ones in Singapore. What those restos at the Podium are serving are poor imitations of the real thing. Even the worse foodcourts in SNG can beat those any given day! Haven't tried decent tandoori in Manila either. But I heard those served by the restos near the Sihk Temple are pretty good. Maybe I'll check them out when I have time.

i loved their food. kse its authentic indian. plus very reasonable.

even the one in rada was pretty good too.

diba the judge of whether its a good resto is if the natives eat there? :)

chicken tandoori!

Rada? I remeber one of my Indian friends said something about that.

Never tried there naman.

Yup.

Still, I gotta admit, Indian food is not my fave. Still, it is good naman. :)

I'll don't discriminate pagdating sa food.

Hehehe...

I used to hate indian food coz I think the cooks look smelly, hehe

thats why I cooked my own.. I cooked chicken madras and it was yum.. dunno if

it's indian.. but it tastes like one.

butter chicken with naan yummmm :boo:

Hahaha!

Wow! You can cook India food pala. :cool:

Gets ko na. Naan is an Indian bread like Chapati. :)

Hehehe....

I used to hate indian food coz I think the cooks look smelly, hehe

They are! And for most parts, the food smells like armpit. That's because of the amount of onions and spices that they put in there. Some of my Indian friends think that Filipinos smell like pork. Some of my Japanese friends think Filipinos like garlic.

Pero masarap talaga ang Indian food. Mahilig kasi ako sa maanghang eh ;)

nako sis! parehas tayo! nagluto ako kanina for dinner! i cook really nice baked chicken :)

reallyyumm il rate it a 10..

kahit luto ko un ha! ganun ka wow :boo:

Hahaha!

Cool! :cool:

I really like women who cook. :)

Is chicken your specialty? :blush:

Hehehe....

nako sis! parehas tayo! nagluto ako kanina for dinner! i cook really nice baked chicken :)

reallyyumm il rate it a 10..

kahit luto ko un ha! ganun ka wow :boo:

mukhang masarap yan ha???? pwede po bang patikim???? :) favorite ko kz chicken eh..... :D

ladydredd ground floor of saggitarius bldg along hv dela costa st in mkt...

also try the indian resto in rada st. - forget the name though... :) nagiisang indian resto along that street yun! :)

hey, thanks a lot for the tip ha! ive been looking all over kung san lumipat tong new bombay canteen, malapit lang pala. i live near them kc nung nasa buendia pa sila...try ko nga minsan, i just hope the quality of their food havent changed :rolleyes:

i'll try search rada st. for that indian resto you're talking about...

pansin ko lang, i always see the same people posting about great food places...would it be great if we go for a foodtrip EB sometime soon? pagbalik mo sana ng 'pinas, ano? :cool:

They are! And for most parts, the food smells like armpit. That's because of the amount of onions and spices that they put in there. Some of my Indian friends think that Filipinos smell like pork. Some of my Japanese friends think Filipinos like garlic.

Pero masarap talaga ang Indian food. Mahilig kasi ako sa maanghang eh ;)

Food is an acquired taste and smell i think.

When we begin to eat something, our first encounter with it is its smell... even before it reaches our table, when we enter a resto, we smell cooking... and its either aversive or positive to our noses...

Indian cooking has both strong flavors and smells. For people used to "blander" cooking its too much...

Personally i found it rather strong at first but when you start eating it... it tastes really really good - the flavors and textures complement each other ... for instance eating a spicy curry and pairing it with cool yoghurt... almost an explosion of hot and cold sensations in your mouth.

Once you get past the strong smells... indian cooking is really quite healthy and quite flavorful.

:)