Writings of the Heart

'Love is Blind' Syndrome

Noong uhugin pa ako, “Love is Blind” ang kauna unahang quote na nalaman ko tungkol sa pag-ibig. Salamat dun sa sticker na nakadikit sa stationary set ng pinsan ko. Pero medyo naguluhan ako dun kaya tinanong ko ang inay tungkol dun. Sabi ko, “Inayyyy, kapansanan ba kapag nagmahal ka?” Hindi niya ako sinagot dahil biglang nasunog yung sinaing namin. Lintik na Shakespeare yan, siya ang naglikha ng syndrome na yan sa kanyang ‘The Merchant of Venice.’ – “But love is blind, and lovers cannot see the pretty follies that themselves commit”

Siguro kaya sinasabi nila na bulag ang pag-ibig ay dahil akala nila nabubulag tayo sa kasiyahang kayang ibigay ng pagmamahal. Lahat ng hindi pantay, nagiging pantay. Lahat ng magkaiba nagiging pareho. Lahat ng hindi dapat, nagiging dapat. Lahat ng mali, nagiging tama. At kahit yung imposibleng maging tama pinipilit maging tama. No big deal kumbaga. Love simply is an emotion which is above all rules, norms, laws of the society.Hence it is obvious that it overrides and defies everything. It confronts the man-made fabric of social behaviour like a blind person.

Pero ang totoo, hindi naman talaga bulag ang pag-ibig. Dahil kahit kelan hindi naging kapansanan ang magmahal. Hindi yan pwedeng tawaging isang kakulangan dahil dyan tayo mismo nakukumpleto. Dahil kung talagang bulag ang pagmamahal hindi mo makikita ang kagandahang kayang ibigay nito. Kahit kelan hindi yan naging madilim. Automatic lang siguro tayong napapapikit para hindi natin makita ang pagkakaiba ng bawat isa. Kusa tayong pumipikit para i-set sa disable mode ang ating mga mata. Dahil kapag nagmamahal ka, yung tumitibok na laman sa kaliwang dibdib ang ginagamit mo at hindi ang kahit anong external organs ng katawan mo.

Walang special mental ability at x-ray vision ang isang tao para tingnan kung gaano kabusilak at kalinis ang kalooban mo. At marahil, matagal ng phase-out ang love-at-first-sight kung wala talagang tumitingin sa panlabas na itsura. Sa dinami dami ng gwapo at magaganda sa mundo, hanggang kelan mo panghahawakan yung katiting na pag-asa na magugustuhan ka niya dahil lang sa mabait ka at memorize mo pa din ang quadratic formula? - yun bang umaasa ka sa sandigang ‘Love is blind’ nga… Kahit noon pa man, masyadong visual ang mga tao. Makakalimutan nila ang pangalan mo pero hindi ang itsura mo. Kaya siguro pinapadrowing sa biktima ang itsura ng suspect para madaling makilala. Some people firmly believe that love is an illusion, that it is something we create and label over existence, though it doesn’t have any real grasp over empirical reality. Someone said that love was about hormones and another person told you that you confused love and lust.

If love could see, it would run the other way and no one would get born…Hmmm. How do we get Love to open it’s eyes? Tanginang Love ‘yan…Tangna mo rin Shakespeare!

At this moment, I am feeling a sudden melancholy.

I usually feel this whenever I remember something happy but too sad that it can't happen again but also feel this whenever I sad, when I am stressed and depressed. Is it because of work? Is it because of family? Is it because of relationship? Well I don't know. I am most of the time a happy person but yeah I know I am also prone to be lonely stressed and depressed; but not in a suicidal way (this is impossible because of my pain tolerance). I can say I am a successful person, I was raised right by my parents, I have a very caring family, a loving mother, my siblings are getting along well, dad is ok. I also have a nice relationship; I have an intelligent, beautiful, lovely and well educated girlfriend. I also have a good job, just a few months or years Ill earn my promotion. Well you may say I am living a good life, but still I can say I am not happy. My heart is being torn into pieces when my father will still go back to their old habits with the devils around him. it just breaks my heart whenever I find put about it or just notice it with his actions. I wish they would still change and forget about it but its just a dream that I don't expect to become a reality. As I have said earlier, I have a good job. I am working so hard because I would want to have a very nice future; I am working very hard so that in the near future I can provide all my families needs specially when I get married and have children. I wanted to provide them the best life I could provide; also I would want to make sure that I am earning enough to support my parents and of course my wife's parents as well. I am getting a lot of duties and responsibilities but I just feel it is taking a toll on me. I wanted to pursue this because I know its the only way that my dreams would be possible. I have mentioned earlier that am in a relationship, well I am happy contented; however I still feel there is something lacking... I have a very ideal girlfriend; she is smart, beautiful, well mannered and educated. I know she loves me and I love her as well but I still want to ask for something. Though we are in a relationship, we seldom talk... Whenever I tried to talk to her, I always get her at a bad time. Its may be because I really caught her at a bad time. Well yeah I believe that but what saddens me is that I feel her work is much more important than me; yes I do get the point that we must work for our own future but it doesn't mean that we will be like this; we seldom talk, see each other and go out and date. Well I know she loves me and I lover her too but I wish more of her presence; I wanted to feel her, I don't want to have a relationship that looks like we became a such because we just have to. I am really not the type of person to bug you about it but I will just wait because I am good at it; specially right now since I know you are in a crisis right now. Well I might be saying all of this because I am suffering depression but yeah I will not commit any stupidity. Its just I am sad...

• 2 weeks later...

I was so moved reading this , credit goes to the author of this site http://diply.com/e-humor/article/wife-sexy-pictures-husband-react/2

Hi Victoria,

I am (blank)'s husband, ********. I am writing to you because I recently received an album containing images you took of my wife.

I don't want you to think that I am in any way upset with you....but I have some food for thought that I would like to pass on to you.

I have been with my wife since we were 18 years old, and we have two beautiful children together. We have had many ups and

downs over the years, and I think...well, actually I KNOW that my wife did these pictures for me to "spice things up". She sometimes

complains that I must not find her attractive, that she wouldn't blame me if I ever found someone younger. When I opened the

album that she gave to me, my heart sank. These pictures...while they are beautiful and you are clearly a very talented photographer....

they are not my wife. You made every one of her "flaws" disappear...and while I'm sure this is exactly what she asked you to do,

it took away everything that makes up our life. When you took away her stretch marks, you took away the documentation of my

children. When you took away her wrinkles, you took away over two decades of our laughter, and our worries. When you took

away her cellulite, you took away her love of baking and all the goodies we have eaten over the years.

[Victoria] I am not telling you all of this to make you feel horrible, you're just doing your job and I get that. I am actually writing you to thank you. Seeing these images made me realize that I honestly do not tell my wife enough how much I LOVE her and adore her just as she is. She hears it so seldom, that she actually thought these photoshopped images are what I wanted and needed her to look like. I have to do better, and for the rest of my days I am going to celebrate her in all her imperfectness. Thanks for the reminder.

Regards,

• Like (+1) 2

That when you're at a time of your life and felt like you've lost nearly or more than half of everything you have, then you felt free. When you felt that all the pieces have been shattered and all the curtains that you can hide have been torn to pieces, then you felt free... Like you're numbed out already for whatever else will happen to you.

Yung pag inom mo ng tubig sa pinagkapehan mo

Yung bawat pag ngatngat mo sa tira tira kong buto ng manok s plato ko

Pati ung candy ko n gusto kong itapon eh kukunin mo galing s bibig ko

Yung pag may mag sisignal para sumingit sa lane eh pagbbgyan mo

Yung pagpigil mo s elevator na magsasara habang may palabas n naka wheelchair

Yung kahit noodles with egg lang ang ihahain ko sau, knakain mo parin

Yung bawat halik mo sa noo ko sa tuwing nakasandal ako sau

Yung tatawanan mo ako pag may katangahan o kaberdehan akong sinasabi

Yung kada hawak mo sa kamay ko kahit nsan tau

Yung andami mong alam na kinagugulat ko

Kabisado mo pati plate number ng kotse sa kabilang street namin

Yung car tutorial session ntn na willing ka sagutin mga tanong ko

Kahit mas matnda ako sau, andami ko natutunan sayo

Kakaiba, parehas tayong may ntutunan sa isa't isa

Kapag nagtanong ka at hndi ako sumagot "okay, that's a NO"

Yung hahalikan mo ako kahit bagong gising

Yung effort kabisaduhin lahat ng pangalan ng pusa ko

Yung pinagttyagaan mo ang mainit kong bahay

Wala akong makitang masama o mali sayo

Masyado kang makatao... nakapasimple at hndi maarte

Tanggap mo pa lahat sakin.

t#ang%na. Ang swerte ko.

Hayup lalo ako nahuhulog sayo.

Her luminous face that brightens even the darkest night,

Her sweetest smile that illuminates even the most depressing days,

her glaring eyes that ensares even the most stubborn individual,

and her mellifluous voice that melts even the most cold hearted person.

No amount of power, money or knowledge

can compensate for the joy she brings into your life.

How much do I have to love you for these feelings to reach you?

When you look at me, I cant say it, my words drift off into space

The further separated we are, the more I realise how precious you are

The more I yearn for you, the more I feel the painful distance in my heart

Edited by Flirtpool
It seems impossible that any woman could handle him for an hour,let alone a lifetime. And then you meet Nicole, and that is the good news here. Um, if these two can find each other, then there truly is somebody for everyone. The bad news is that one day, they will procreate, and their hideous offspring will obviously cause the Apocalypse.

But tonight, we celebrate the good news.

I remember the night Allan and Nicole met, and that instant connection. You know, if you're lucky, it happens once in a lifetime, and if you're unlucky, then you have to come to weddings and hear people like me talking about it, and assume that we are all hopeless romantics.

It's very easy to be cynical about love, but this, tonight, this is hard.

So, to Allan and Nicole for making the hard way look easy.

- What If (2014)

• Like (+1) 1

I remember. I remember all the s@%t you had me go through. You made my life a living hell, each day a waking nightmare. When I was down, all you can say was I won'y amount to anything. Guess what my dear? You were the anchor that dragged me down. Now that you're gone, I've landed my dream job and living a happy life. I believed in myself when no one else did. I remembered. I remembered everyday until today. I never forgot and I never will.