nor the troubled past

could ever bring you back.

If only you'd look back and gaze,

your soft voice to calm me

and take me to a familiar place

then I'd be back home

right where I needed to be.

Dear Rockstar,

You're too high up there already, and it seems that I am trailing farther and farther behind. Your ambition comes with sacrifices that I do not know if I should take part of or endure with you (alone, even). There are times when I realize that I am not as valuable as your ambitions or memories, that I question my place in your life.

What if I suddenly disappear? What if I pretend to move on without you?Will you even batt an eyelash? Or will you pretend that everything is okay, as well. You remember how painful it is to be left behind without closure, right? What if history repeated itself? Could either of us take it, or could we just move along like the rest of the people we abhor?

You will get what you project that want. Just give me until the end of this month to be happy...please. Then, we can really just be friends...no more than that, if that is what you really want.

If you could only take down that high and treacherous wall you have, it would be easier. But for now, teach me how to climb it, else I'll either summit, or free fall and die...

Your Weekend

Lesson Two

The woman enters the house followed by a guy. The guy is all smiles thinking that great acts of intimacy are about to occur. But, alas, the woman launches into a rant about men. “My ex-boyfriend was such a jerk,” she began. “Why is it that men treat me so roughly?” The guy then transformed into Mr. Sensitive. “There, there,” he purrs. “They do not know how great you are! You are beautiful, lovely, enchanting, dazzling in every way, and they are idiots when they cannot see it.”

“You are so nice! What a friend you are!” she squeals. “Let me tell you more of my problems with men…”

And so the guy, who was excited because great acts of intimacy would occur, leaves severely disappointed with a hollow feeling echoing throughout him. “I thought that through friendship, love would eventually spring. How wrong I was! A friend she sees, a friend you be.”

When he entered the house, the guy noticed a sign above the door. At the time, he was too excited to even CONSIDER reading it. Now that he was leaving, he read it. “So true!” he cried. For the sign above the door read: Friendship - Abandon all hope ye who enter!

“But why, Pook!? Why is friendship hopeless!? I fall in love with my female friends. Do they not do the same?” Pook then called up a woman. She appeared in a blaze of fire (probably from the place which all women are from…).

“Oh woman, pray tell! Why do you not go after your male friends?” The woman looked amazed that anyone could ask her that. “Because they are just friends.” “But do they not fall in love with you?”

“Yes. My male friends constantly fall in love with me.”

“And, speak truly madam, what do you and your male friends do?”

“Oh! Well, we hang out. We talk a lot.”

“Talk? About what?”

“Everything. Anything.”

“And they fall in love with you.”

“Yes.”

“Ahh…” said the Pook.

“Now we have the answer. Away with you!” And the woman vanished in a fireball.

“What answer?”

“Why, it is a difference between the sexes. Young man, what do you do with your friends?” He looked thoughtful.

“We play basketball. We ride around town. We play video games. We…” “But do you and your guy friends ever sit around and talk about your feelings and things going on in your life?” The young man looked angry.

“HELL NO!”

“There is your answer. Men do not get together and just talk. We do things. When we are with our women friends, we talk much more. Since we reserve our talking, sharing emotions and experiences, to our romantic interest, we get confused with our female friends. We begin to get interested in them because of this.”

“But what about women, Pook?” Pook pointed to the telephone lines above them. Lightning surged and glowed along the lines.

“The phone lines! They are on fire!”

“Indeed. When women get together, what do they do?” The young man looked at the fiery lines.

“They talk!”

“About what?”

He looked thoughtful as sparks rained on him.

“Everything!”

“Women usually aren’t used to getting together and doing pure action. So when they do so with their guy friends, they get a bit confused as well.”

“I see…”

“So avoid the friendship route. When you see a woman you are interested in, go for her romantically. For a friend she sees, a friend you shall always be.”

isa lng masasabi ko at i learned the hard way.

love someone who will STICK to you thru bad and good times. kahit ano mangyari nandyan sya at tinanggap ka sa iyong pagkukulang at hinde yung iiwanan ka, kapag useless ka na sa kanya.

if i regret it, maybe yes maybe no. but thats life. have to move on no matter how hard it is.

oki, fine...

but i want a hug :D

Lesson Three

A guy called a woman and asked her out. The guy was nervous, was scared; he was shy.

“So we’re set for tomorrow night?”

“Umm, yeah,” she replied.

Then, tomorrow night came. The guy agonized over the date the entire day. How should he act? What shall he wear? Did he have enough money? Would he be fun enough?”

But the poor guy realized he was wasting his time worrying for there was no date. He got stood up. Obviously, there HAD to be a reason. Perhaps something awful happened. Perhaps her car didn’t start. Perhaps some incredible thing occurred in her life AT THAT TIME that kept apart the two star crossed lovers!

So he tried again. “Did we miscommunicate?”

“Oh, umm…Yeah.”

“You still want to go out?”

“Sure.”

“Let’s go out on this and this day. OK?”

“OK!”

That day comes. The guy gets stood up yet again. But he rationalized it away. She did say she had things going on in her life. She did say that she wanted to go out with him. She did say that she wouldn’t mind spending time with him. Obviously, something had to have come up. After all, she SAID she wanted to go!

So the guy calls again and sets up another date. Likewise, he got stood up AGAIN.

“Argh!” he screams to himself. “It is my fault. For I should…

“Judge by actions, not by words.”

Pook then took the young man to a wall with a majestic painting on it. The painting showed a young man, much like the young man in person, standing before a feminine monster, a sphinx!

“What is that monster?” cried the young man.

“Why,” said the Pook, “it is All Women, Mother Nature herself! This nasty sphinx devours all hearts and lives of those who cannot answer her riddle. That man, in the picture, he figured out the riddle to Woman. Thus, he became known as Don Juan.”

“And the answer to the riddle?”

“Is that there is no riddle. Woman is a sphinx with no secret. It is only our minds that we assign her secrets, mysteries, pedestals, and goddess-like status.”

Pook noticed that the young man was confused so he elaborated. “Look at the above example! Look at how the lad got stood up over and over and, yet, over and over he rationalized the standing up! How often is it that a lad rationalizes ‘signals’ to his liking? How often is it that a lad offers gifts and treasures as sacrifices to her goddess-likeness for in his mind she is a goddess? How often is it that a lad’s overactive imagination converts her disrespect, her shallowness, her flaws, into love?”

“So we paint the image we want to see?”

“Exactly! Judge by her actions and not by her words. Judge by what she does than by what your mind wants to see. Our vanity will convert the image of every disinterested girl into secretly loving us (for women tell us what we want to hear). This is why we must judge by her actions and not by her words.”

to be continued...

"woman is a sphinx w/ no secrets." - love this line :D

Edited by Wyld

I thought things would change once we tied the knot, and yes it did...

for the better.

what we did last Saturday made me fall in love with you all over again. it was like the first time we made love... kissing for hours and wanting for more, that certain scent that haunted the both of us, your skin against mine, you whispering in my ear, being in your arms, and staring at you while you bring me one step closer to heaven... it was beautiful... and it made me realize that I am really happy with you. I always thought I have been in love before, but what I'm feeling right now is a hundred times stronger than how I felt back then. Nobody has ever made me feel this loved. I feel it in the way you look at me, the way you hold my hand, how you go out of your way for my comfort, how happy you are at the mere sight of me, and the way I make you laugh (without even trying). I just wish everybody around us could feel the same way too and be able to find that one person who could bring them as much joy as we do for each other.

This one is for keeps, baby.

Thank you for waiting for your destiny.

HEARTBREAK WARFARE

How come the only way to know how high you get me

is to see how far I fall

God only knows how much I'd love you if you let me

but I can't break free at all.

I don't care if we don't sleep at all tonight

Let's just fix this whole thing now

I swear to God we're gonna get it right

If you lay your weapon down

Red wine and ambient

You're talking sh!t again, it's heartbreak warfare

Good to know it's all a game

Disappointment has a name, it's heartbreak warfare.

-John Mayer

NB.
i almost feel like crying when it gets to this part of the song...
:(