Best Place to Drink (Merged threads)

in greenbelt (3?) there's Krocodile Grille. Beer is cheap (around 35bucks); they also have this ginormous beer flask (they say it only holds two bottles, but it sure LOOKS more than that) which makes it fun to drink. my friends say even the hard drinks/cocktails are much cheaper here.

food is good as well; they mostly have pinoy stuff (kare kare, sisig, balot, etc).

accessible via the MRT, but there's a bit of a trek involved (you'll pass through sm, glorietta, and landmark before hitting gbelt (dunno lang if there are jeepneys that ply that route).

one of the rare spots in gbelt that has relatively affordable rates. good for barkada gimmicks.

cheers! :)

hmmmm, this place seems worth a try...thanks for the info....pagkaka alam ko kasi sa gbelt3 bars/restos, beers normally cost a minimum of P75/bottle which make it steep for ordinary pinoys like us though reasonable for expats...where in gbelt3 is this, 2nd floor?

• 4 weeks later...
If work around ortigas, try nyo Stir Crazy Bar and Resto. Ice SMB is only 25 bucks. Pulutan is quite fancy but good (mediterranean, french) since the owners are chefs (grads of St Benilde--note la sallites!). Owners are girls and boys in their 20's lang. Not too expensive but the volume of the order is not too much to compensate. Young crowd. Studes (yes girls too) from UAP hang out here too. Also young professionals from surrounding high buildings-- Tycoon, OMM Citrea, Ericsson, Tektite). Smoking is allowed (good for smokers, not for non-smokers).

Chef and Brewers in emerald is great! Expensive though. Between me and my date I spent almost 3 grand for some beers a few shots of tequila and some nachos. Ouch!

bro san location nb stir crazy bar??

have anyone tried fat j's in timog? just right across music 21? i think the place is cool... beer's cheap and food is great! you can even order chinese food...

was here 2 weeks ago...ok din yng place na pang-inuman lang...malas lang kasi napwesto kami dun sa pinakalikod na parang function room/kitchen ng chinese resto sa baba...

check out philadeli cafe in qc...

beer: 22 (pilsen) -25 (sml/strong ice)

ambience: open air / not too fancy, but pwede na.

activities: videoke (coin operated, 5 bucks per song, they have a coin stash for your bills)

parking: street (there's also pay parking around the corner open til 10pm)

promos:

P 900 gets you a CASE of beer, crispy pata, mushrooms, and tokwat babs.

P 700 gets you 18 beers,sisig,chicha bulaklak, and beef pindang.

P 500 gets you... i forgot, but it's a good deal as well. :)

just celebrated my beerday party last night here for around 25++ people for less than 4K.

(i got 2 900 packs, 1 700 pack, and added a LOT of extra orders like pusit, kambing, sisig, crispy pata, mineral water, c2, juices, etc etc etc) . owner threw in pa some free food (try their specialty...philly steak!) :P according to my guests, the food's great...no morsel was left undigested. :)

over-all, GREAT value for money. :)

san located 'tp, thnx

try niyo YARD HOUSE sa timog in front of PETRON station (basta sa may stop light) bago mag GMA 7, 150 SMlight bucket of six mura din pulutan at masarap

meron din siyang katabi FOREST GRILL naman 20 peos lang ang SMB at SMLight

ito yung dating APO DUWALING hinati siya ginawang dalawang bar/resto

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
how cheap are the beers here (SML/pilsen/dry)? and any info on food?

thanks!

I never thought that Bunchums was still open.

This is a pretty cool place with a nice low bar (if they still have it.. havent been here in a long time).

The owners are Japanese - so their food has a heavy Japanese influence. I first tasted okonomiyaki (Japanese pizza) here.

Their version of the Spaghetti is the sizzling kind... their shrimp tempura was pretty decent too.

I do remember drinks are very reasonablly priced; they also had good coffee. Their music selection was pretty good - I probly had my first taste of Jpop here. :lol:

If its still laid out the same way, our favorite table was the last table on the first row just by the doors. It was by the windows and the perfect place to sit and drink when it was raining.

This is like right beside Makati Square very near Little Tokyo.

I hope im talkin bout the right place... :lol:

Tubby's grill s likod ng teachers village s qc. P50-P120 price range ng mga pulutan. pale/SML/Strong Ice/Red Horse and mga beers nla (P27-P35). open ng 3 pm onwards. Pde n kung palipas oras lang.

Paulos s kalayaan ave qc. Gwa namin dyn yung mrnda buffet nla between 2pm-5pm, for only P100 per head w/ free ice tea. Tapos bucket ng beer P150. Unlimited pulutan yan kc buffet nga, so prang food trip n din n m kasama inom.

pag low budget ako, i go to yohoo at bugos st. near makati ave. very cheap beer at P22-24, with whole lechon manok at P180, barbe que at P25. dinuguan at P40, sashimi and other seafoods and other grilled varieties at a very cheap price. imagin all these, i spend only about P600 -800! plus there's a lot of korean gurls hangin around coz it's near the korean town. i can also buy the soju from a nearby korean store and drink it there without corkage. dami rin mga foreigners, psp's and gro's hangin out there kasi mura! actually, this wud be a nice, safe and cheap place for group eb's too!

• 3 weeks later...

sa quatro sa timog... ayos na dito.. cozy at mura.. or pwede rin sa sharkey's.. halos parehas lang mas may dating lang yung quatro..

or sa xaymaca... pag raggae music naman hanap nyo... timog din..

sa makati sa Gerry's grill.. kaya lang hirap mag pa reserve..

sa watering hole sa shang.. okay din.. pwede pa uminom ng umaga..