Dreaming To Be A Famous Photographer

buttakkal

to jazzcy if u want an entry level for a dslr im selling my canon S3is its as good as dslr.. try mo punta sa tipidpc.commy thread dun ng S3is. im selling my camera for 19k with 4 AA sanyo 2700 rechargeable batt and quick charger. 1gig SD card. samsung ST 2000 tripod and a bag. 3 wiks used p lng to i bought it sa mayers sa hidalgo. i still have d receipt for the waranty. 17.5k price nito without the xtras like battery,charger tripod and 1gig sd card. PM mo ko for my no.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
if you're buying and undecided, go to www.dpreview.com and compare your options...

question po, ilang percent cheaper sa hidalgo compared sa malls?

For point and shoot cameras, I can vouch that it's 30-40% lower. Got a Nikon N1 last year for 24K when it was 34K in the malls. Got a Cannon 530 last March for 13,500 (with 1GB card) while the going price was 21K+ with only a 256mb card.

I don't know what's the price difference for DSLR's but I'm sure it will be significant.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
For point and shoot cameras, I can vouch that it's 30-40% lower. Got a Nikon N1 last year for 24K when it was 34K in the malls. Got a Cannon 530 last March for 13,500 (with 1GB card) while the going price was 21K+ with only a 256mb card.

I don't know what's the price difference for DSLR's but I'm sure it will be significant.

Hope this helps.

thanks bro... will check it out...

btw, what can you guys say about the D40x?

Hope this helps.

Hidalgo prices are really a lot lower than mall prices. I remember buying my DSLR for P55k a few years back, when the same thing in Quiapo cost only 47k, and may kasama pang ibang freebies :P

But if you don't know what you want to get, Hidalgo isn't for you. It's not really a place for just browsing around, unless you really have the cash.

If you want another source for cheap cameras, check out www.muradito.com -- they sell (relatively) cheap cameras compared to mall prices. DSLRs are almost at par with the mall, but you get great savings for P&S cameras. Still pricier than Hidalgo, but a lot less of a hassle (they deliver!). I purchased an Ixus 700 from them a few years back and saved more than P6k off the mall price (P22+k vs. P29k in the mall).

Just brought this afternoon the following at Henry's ( Hidalgo St. )

Canon A550 = P 9,000.00 ( in the malls and other places this range from P 10,500-13,000)

1GIG Memory Card = Php 700.00

4 pcs Sanyo Ni-MH 2700 = PhP 440

Mini Tripod (in red) = PhP 300

Camera Casing (in red) = PhP 200

All in all i just spent P 10,640

very cheap indeed and i dont mind the heat so as the other people (risk na madukutan) in going there

the store is just small yet packed with a lot of customers :thumbsupsmiley:

another tip:

sa may ari (owner) kayo magtanong ng presyo coz pwde na pa i adjust ang price kung makikiusap kayo\

hope this helps

cant wait to post the pixs that i guna take.. but for now wala pang maayos na pix at matinong subject akong nakukunan coz pinag aaralan ko pa ang pag aadjust ng mga setting

hi mga bro's buying cameras in quiapo is really less expensive compare to malls, but be sure to ask for a local warranty and you will notice that the price will go up a little, the reason i say this , bec most of the stores in quiapo have grey units ready and most of us naturally goes for the lowest price .

the fall back of a grey unit is no warranty or they will say have to ship it to HK for repair and its gona cost you the cargo .

take NIKON dslr for example , the local distributor publish on the papers that to look for a sticker w their seal , but shops in quiapo that offer the lowest price doesn't have seal of columbia.

investing a 30k up needs to have lots of serious thinking for no regrets , maybe in a month the sensor got smudge or crack , then you will cry !!!

:hypocritesmiley:

Using Canon A550 in manual setting

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/Hubad_na_Apoy/Photo%20Collections/orangechair1s.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/Hubad_na_Apoy/Photo%20Collections/cubes1s.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/Hubad_na_Apoy/Photo%20Collections/pray2s.jpg