Dreaming To Be A Famous Photographer

buttakkal

http://static.flickr.com/52/133284670_86ff2414a8.jpg

Daphne

This is a photo shoot I did for a modelling agency here in cebu for this model's portfolio. I was told that this model's features were manly because of her jaw line and her chin, i lighted this shot to minimize the jawline.

wow ganda :) a perfect example ng short lighting :D rembrant style nga po ba?

galing naman :cool:

may thread palang ganito hehehe now ko lang napansin :D

lighting... i need advice... sir benjie...

ni-try ko mag-set ng lighting using 2 study light... sir benjie hirap pala po mag set...

i need your advice/tips/tricks... i want to improve my photos sir...

thanks po...

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/deejay4/ebayitem/watch4.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/deejay4/ebayitem/watch1.jpg

aha! nandito na pala yung regulars ng kabilang thread. kaya naman pala tahimik, e. napalabas tuloy ako sa lurker status. hanggang tingin at paghanga lang ako dati sa mga pics sa thread na to,e. :lol:

btw, about a month ago i helped out photographer friend Jon Unson with his shoot for Maxim Philippines. You might want to check out the article called "Southern Comfort".

sir pnoize2k4, is this the same jon unson who hails from cebu? if he is, i got a chance to meet him ages ago at a cafe in cebu where he had a studio and his photo of three antique heads made a huge impression on me. if it's the same person, would it be possible to ask him if i could buy a print of that photo for personal consumption, and if so, how much? thanks po! :)

in case anyone is looking for a camera technician, u might wanna try this guy, Mang Ramon, specialty is nikon cameras, trained abroad, old guy na..

u can reach him at his shop - 3130567 or sa res - 7048835.. I got this number from a photography professor i know..

thanks for the tip, bro gooei! papalinis ko rin yung nikon ko. i'll give him a call one of these days. :cool:

DIY DRYBOX

molds and fungi thrive on dark moist places. it can easily destroy the coating of your lenses or even your camera! professional photographers place their equipment in moisture free cabinets called dry boxes.

however, these cabinets can cost thousands of pesos. here's how to make one that costs less.

What you will need:

Air Tight Container of any size (Preferably Lock and Lock brand)

Silica Gel

Hygrometer (an instrument that measures moisture)

Where to get a hygrometer

I got my hygrometer in SM. It was a desktop clock combined with a hygrometer and a thermometer.

sir pnoize, thanks for the very valuable tip po. mataas ang humidity dito sa amin, e. sir, tanong lang po. what particular store in sm sells hygrometers and which sm branch has this store? pati saan po ba makakabili ng silica gel? pasensya na sa pangungulit, sir, nagaaral pa lang po kasi ako ng photography. thanks in advance! :)

back to lurker mode na po ako. salamat po ulit! :)

Edited by pussycatdoll

ni-try ko mag-set ng lighting using 2 study light... sir benjie hirap pala po mag set...

thanks po...

wow ganda ng mga relo :boo:

la ako ma-share sayo pasencia na hehehe di ko pa naaral yan still life lighting hehehe

i mean using watch as a subject hehehe :P

pero thats a very good question :cool:

gandang umagaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

thanks po...

first pic:

1. try changing your angle. medyo mataas yung angle mo

2. look at the bottom of your image. nagsimula nang magblur, dapat clear yung face ng relo

3. use a plain looking cloth, nakakadistract yung yellow lines.

4. ok naman ang lighting. composition lang ang problema.

second pic:

1. ok din sana ang lighting pero...

2. what are those blue streaks?

3. the blurring again at the bottom part of the watch face

4. the name casio right part of the pic. putol. it's either you show it or you dont

5. that red stray light at the bottom of the watch face is distracting

hi guys, glad i found this thread. i'm a wanna-be photographer as well. I started taking pictures through a point and shoot digicam, a Casio Exilim. The pictures that came out were pretty ok but i'm sure they can be better. So now, i would really like to try dSLR....want to learn them...how to tweak 'em and all. But, the price range is a bit heavy on my pocket. So, tried to look for an alternative...and found this Fuji Finepix S5200, as the users have stated, this digicam is the closest one to a dSLR...and costs a whole lot less. So do you guys think, that this S5200 can be a good start to learn the basics of an SLR? The specs can be quite impressive, but not as much as the reviews....the users gave pretty much possitive reviews with the quality of the pictures it takes considering the price range.

Anyway, i just love how this thread became somewhat of a "community" for beginners in photography. So much things you can learn. Hope this thread goes along way.

By the way, here's my picture blog site .... Whatever.Wherever.Whenever

Most of the pictures here, I have taken. The pics in HK (with my wife) are taken with a tripod. Not all pictures here are taken with my Casio Exilim, you might notice some low res pics (from my fone)

first pic:

1. try changing your angle. medyo mataas yung angle mo

2. look at the bottom of your image. nagsimula nang magblur, dapat clear yung face ng relo

3. use a plain looking cloth, nakakadistract yung yellow lines.

4. ok naman ang lighting. composition lang ang problema.

second pic:

1. ok din sana ang lighting pero...

2. what are those blue streaks?

3. the blurring again at the bottom part of the watch face

4. the name casio right part of the pic. putol. it's either you show it or you dont

5. that red stray light at the bottom of the watch face is distracting

add'l sa second pic:

1. mas maganda ata nasa bandang kanan yung relo. or yung face ng watch papuntang kanan.

2. the light emphasized the strap more than the other details of the watch.

thanks po sa comment, really appreciate it...

yung blue streaks po yun yung kulay nung labas nung box...

thanks po ulit sa comment :mtc: :mtc: :mtc:

musta nga po pala manila trip nyo sir benjie?

i posted a pic earlier but i don't see it now...hmmm..

i also don't see my reply to pussycatdoll.

pussycatdoll: jon is coming out with his coffeetable book called "O".

hi sir pnoize!

i already alerted the admins re: the missing post last night. apparently MTC is having problems refreshing, but they're working on it. they said to check back in a few hours and see if the post has reappeared. :)

really, a coffeetable book? wow, that would be an interesting addition to my (meager) photography book collection. any details on when it will be available, sir? :)

thanks for paying it forward, sir pnoize. i'm sure i speak for all of us on this thread when i say that we really, really appreciate it. cheers, sir! :thumbsupsmiley:

hi guys, glad i found this thread. i'm a wanna-be photographer as well. I started taking pictures through a point and shoot digicam, a Casio Exilim. The pictures that came out were pretty ok but i'm sure they can be better. So now, i would really like to try dSLR....want to learn them...how to tweak 'em and all. But, the price range is a bit heavy on my pocket. So, tried to look for an alternative...and found this Fuji Finepix S5200, as the users have stated, this digicam is the closest one to a dSLR...and costs a whole lot less. So do you guys think, that this S5200 can be a good start to learn the basics of an SLR? The specs can be quite impressive, but not as much as the reviews....the users gave pretty much possitive reviews with the quality of the pictures it takes considering the price range.

Anyway, i just love how this thread became somewhat of a "community" for beginners in photography. So much things you can learn. Hope this thread goes along way.

By the way, here's my picture blog site .... Whatever.Wherever.Whenever

Most of the pictures here, I have taken. The pics in HK (with my wife) are taken with a tripod. Not all pictures here are taken with my Casio Exilim, you might notice some low res pics (from my fone)

anton572: welcome to the thread. i've posted some basic tips on how to take good pictures, just take time to read the previous pages. Any camera will do, what's important is that you practice. shoot! shoot! shoot!

thanks po sa comment, really appreciate it...

yung blue streaks po yun yung kulay nung labas nung box...

thanks po ulit sa comment :mtc: :mtc: :mtc:

musta nga po pala manila trip nyo sir benjie?

deejay: no problem. di ako natuloy sa manila kasi bigla akong nagkaraket. :)

hi sir pnoize!

i already alerted the admins re: the missing post last night. apparently MTC is having problems refreshing, but they're working on it. they said to check back in a few hours and see if the post has reappeared. :)

really, a coffeetable book? wow, that would be an interesting addition to my (meager) photography book collection. any details on when it will be available, sir? :)

thanks for paying it forward, sir pnoize. i'm sure i speak for all of us on this thread when i say that we really, really appreciate it. cheers, sir! :thumbsupsmiley:

thanks for letting the admins know.

the coffeebook will be available by next month (August). Supposedly, the launch will be on the 10th.

as i keep saying, this is how i learned most of what i know. people just sharing ideas, concepts and theories about photography, from there i developed my own style. and I do hope that someone in this board will do the same. of course, there are still certain things that i still keep to myself. certain tricks of the trade that you will have to discover as you go along. the only thing i ask for is that you keep practicing and keep posting them. let us see your progress!

no worries, sir pnoize. that's also how i learned the little that i know, by asking my mentors questions. i'm just amazed that such good photographers actually take the time to teach newbies like me. :)

i'll try to post some pics soon. i'm going to be swamped with work from this week up till the first week of sept, though, so "soon" might actually be when i come home from the visayas. i'm going to beliving out of my suitcase for for the entire month of august. :)

cheers to everyone on the thread! :)