Cellphone Reviews

i think that red circle is only the light sensor not a camera

just be careful using chrome/metal casing of nokia.. ive had experiences wherein metal parts had rust. used N3230 and currently using E90.

yung naka re circle sir ay camera, however you can only use it during video calls only. The light sensor is the one on the left side, near sa earpiece.

punta ka sa isang wifi location. in your phone, i-download mo ang pdf reader thru 'downloads' sa 'applications'

they'll charge you P 15 para maactivate!

sad to say, after upgrading the firmware to v21, tapos na ang early-buy promo for pdf reader lite. so i ended up paying

P 714.50 using mastercard. on the positive side, [microsoft] quickoffice is still free - that makes my word, excel and powerpoint files readable in 5800

as promised by v21, some gps functions improved (aside from my overmentioning of added 'geotagging' in your pictures taken with it). notably, the speed of picking up the satellites. paired with sirfstart bluetooth, my unit when cold-started (tunrned on in a place far from the last opened location) is easily located by satellites in 5 seconds flat!

and there were more applications available for download in 'download'. clap clap clap clap clap :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by remoteworld

Just wondering ... the N5800 comes in 3 colors namely: black, red and blue. is there any major difference between the 3 aside from the physical appearance?

Would there be a difference in the display (ie. if red then your lcd background is also red, if black then also black)?

Just wondering ... the N5800 comes in 3 colors namely: black, red and blue. is there any major difference between the 3 aside from the physical appearance?

Would there be a difference in the display (ie. if red then your lcd background is also red, if black then also black)?

according to nokia centers, these models have differences. that's why the firmware upgrade for the blue came before the red, and the black/gray is still not available (daw)

according to nokia centers, these models have differences. that's why the firmware upgrade for the blue came before the red, and the black/gray is still not available (daw)

would appreciate to know what the main difference would be ... Am in the process of getting one. I don't like to appearance of the blue unit. My choices boils down to the red or black unit.

iphone is one great phone.

try browsing iphonestore and you'll bewildered by its quantity of quality software, the forte of apple.

5800 is one great phone too. i have lauded its features since i started posting in this forum. but software is still wanting.

now here's a page from SMARTPHONE & PDA (British Ed.), issue 88 (June '09):

post-149034-1245494876.jpg

i was checking my friend's 5800 last night

i had a hard time using it, maybe its bcause of the touch screen feature

i also tried to install a java game"tower bloxx"

ang hirap laruin, you really have to install a game that is meant for the unit

i was on robinsons place last sunday and was able to check the unit that is sold on the tiangge

some of their unit is capable of reading chinese languages, it reminds me to check the version of the phone before buying one

i was checking my friend's 5800 last night

i had a hard time using it, maybe its bcause of the touch screen feature

i also tried to install a java game"tower bloxx"

ang hirap laruin, you really have to install a game that is meant for the unit

i was on robinsons place last sunday and was able to check the unit that is sold on the tiangge

some of their unit is capable of reading chinese languages, it reminds me to check the version of the phone before buying one

you're in luck if that unit you want to buy can show chinese characters. with the new firmware installed, the touchscreen is much much better, 'tower bloxx' is meant for small screen nokia phones. the games made for 5800 are great, hope you try one. with the new firmware, dictionaries are now available, you can listen to the chinese words (cantonese and mandarin) but the characters are still rectangles in my phone. i wrote my problem to nokia.com. i'm hoping they have a solution they can give me soon.

habang may kausap...go to "Record" ..tama ba? hehe

i hope it's that easy, but it's not:

i called up my other phone and pressed 'answer' there to establish a connection/conversation to record (actually i'll just record my own voice). but to my surprise, there's no 'record button' to press, even in 'options'. maybe a third party software is needed.

Edited by remoteworld
i called up my other phone and pressed 'answer' there so there's a connection/conversation to record (actually i'll just record my own voice). but to my surprise, there's no 'record button' to press, even in 'options'. maybe a third party software is needed.

Sir am gona buy 5800 next week. an gone choose red.

Anu po ba mga dapat ko gawin?

I mean mga dapat i-upgrade o mga idodownload pa?

TIA.

Sir am gona buy 5800 next week. an gone choose red.

Anu po ba mga dapat ko gawin?

I mean mga dapat i-upgrade o mga idodownload pa?

TIA.

if you're going to buy it in a nokia center (there's one in t. morato ave), might as well ask them right there and then to upgrade its firmware to v21.

but if you plan to buy it elsewhere, your next step is to go to nokia center to upgrade its firmware from v11 to v21.

then after the upgrade, surf the net like hell for free apps that are applicable to you. hahaha

some safe apps can be downloaded from nokia: press 'menu' (white bottom center key), 'applications', 'downloads' if you happen to be in a free wifi spot

heck, why not drop by at remoteworld (call me for appointment at 410-0010, it's open from 9am to 9pm) when you've got the 5800. i'll be glad to show you the ropes. i'm an amateur myself in 5800, but i dig the machine so i tweak its "buttons" and features pagka ginaganahan

Edited by remoteworld
if you're going to buy it in a nokia center (there's one in t. morato ave), might as well ask them right there and then to upgrade its firmware to v21.

but if you plan to buy it elsewhere, your next step is to go to nokia center to upgrade its firmware from v11 to v21.

then after the upgrade, surf the net like hell for free apps that are applicable to you. hahaha

some safe apps can be downloaded from nokia: press 'menu' (white bottom center key), 'applications', 'downloads' if you happen to be in a free wifi spot

heck, why not drop by at remoteworld (call me for appointment at 410-0010, it's open from 9am to 9pm) when you've got the 5800. i'll be glad to show you the ropes. i'm an amateur myself in 5800, but i dig the machine so i tweak its "buttons" and features pagka ginaganahan

Yes Master im gona buy in nokia center.

I will contact you before i go there.

Salamat sa response Master. :thumbsupsmiley:

mas mura ba sa mismong nokia center o mas mura pa rin sa mga tiangge ng G'hills?

mas mura ba sa mismong nokia center o mas mura pa rin sa mga tiangge ng G'hills?

In general, mas mura sa tiangge as compared to nokia center. Some units sold while brand new may or may not include a nokia warranty. Ofcourse mas mataas konti ang price nun may nokia warranty.

Others simply prefer to but the phone at the Nokia Center for their own peace of mind so ok lang they pay premium.

Expect prices to be much much higher at nokia center, because their overhead expenses (ie rent, labor, taxes . . .) is higher than tiangge.

I hope they can justify their higher price thru better service.

Expect prices to be much much higher at nokia center, because their overhead expenses (ie rent, labor, taxes . . .) is higher than tiangge.

I hope they can justify their higher price thru better service.