Cellphone Reviews

Sir remoteworld, I bought a second hand 5800 last Tuesday,hehe

Just want to ask you guys here who are used to using the 5800, about the mark/mark all buttons, do we have to mark the pictures etc one by one?

Is there an alternative or easy way for us to MARK the files? Thanks!

just a question: is it true that updating will reformat your mmc?

just in case wala pang nakakasagot, no it will not

I updated to v21 a little over a week ago via software updater, no hassles no issues. The touchscreen response is a lot better now which is a good enough reason to do the update. The music player is still crappy though, so i'm using Mobifactor PowerMP3 which is an excellent player. Still no DivX support though. :(

try smartmovie bro

FYI: brand new nokia 5800 xpress music in robinsons manila costs around 14300 with nokia warranty, without warranty 13800

Edited by tempest21
congratulations and welcome to the club

actually, marking some items are not limited to pictures alone but also to other features, as you discover more of 5800 yourself. if you want to skip knowing the intimate details of it by yourself, bring it along when i go to qc on saturday or sunday (i will sms you), or in classmate next weekend. if you have the time yourself, why not drop by at remoteworld before you hit one of your nightspots? my internet there has 2.5mbps wifi and THERE'S NO PASSWORD! we could exchange notes about our experience with this wonderful machine. have you installed the rpmap in there already? i'll share you the files. heck, will you a lot a files if you'll drop by at my place.

THANKS!

wow..! ill be available in the afternoon this saturday, can you please pm me your address there? haha, and yes i did install the map already

so far ive install a few themes and applications already

GarmineXT, Youtube , WeFi , SpbTv , Nimbuzz , SlovoEd Dictionary , Smartmovie , PaintPad , Slick(Instant messenger) and some games

and thank god that my unit is able to read the type chinese characters! :thumbsupsmiley:

try smartmovie bro

FYI: brand new nokia 5800 xpress music in robinsons manila costs around 14300 with nokia warranty, without warranty 13800

you're right. but i found that out much much late.

actually, happy na ako playing .mp4 movies because 5800's screen is so highres for such so small a screen. wala rin akong pintas sa audio

the 500 pesos difference means it costs more by 3.5% for the warranty-backed phone. if that will give you peace of mind, ok lang paying 500 more. otherwise, kung mas me peace of mind ka pagnakakatipid ka ng 500 bucks in the short run, then opt for the cheaper one. kung saan ka masaya hehehe

you're right. but i found that out much much late.

actually, happy na ako playing .mp4 movies because 5800's screen is so highres for such so small a screen. wala rin akong pintas sa audio

the 500 pesos difference means it costs more by 3.5% for the warranty-backed phone. if that will give you peace of mind, ok lang paying 500 more. otherwise, kung mas me peace of mind ka pagnakakatipid ka ng 500 bucks in the short run, then opt for the cheaper one. kung saan ka masaya hehehe

ever since i bought a symbian60v3 phone, i always use Smartmovie for movies and etc, malake din ang nasasave niang space and pwedeng maglagay ng subititles :thumbsupsmiley:

if my budget permits me, i would go to the nokia warrantied phone, your right sir RW, spending an extra 500 woudnt harm, kasi kung masira man phone ntn (madalas mag-hang , or any software failures) we dont have to worry because nokia will fix it for free

try smartmovie bro

pwede malaman exact place or store name... TIA

THANKS!

wow..! ill be available in the afternoon this saturday, can you please pm me your address there? haha, and yes i did install the map already

so far ive install a few themes and applications already

GarmineXT, Youtube , WeFi , SpbTv , Nimbuzz , SlovoEd Dictionary , Smartmovie , PaintPad , Slick(Instant messenger) and some games

and thank god that my unit is able to read the type chinese characters! :thumbsupsmiley:

sir tempest21,

if you look at the center of the map, X marks the location of remoteworld: #7 Scout Castor Street, Quezon City

post-149034-1246675600.jpg

Edited by remoteworld
Has anyone managed to find a working Divx player for the 5800 that doesn't require the virtual keypad hack?

so far i haven't come across any that plays divx, so i contented myself to playing .mp4 only

btw, has anyone successfully installed the gprs settings of globe so that 5800 can use globe internet?

Edited by remoteworld
Guest Dobermaxx
so far i haven't come across any that plays divx, so i contented myself to playing .mp4 only

btw, has anyone successfully installed the gprs settings of globe so that 5800 can use globe internet?

I have, i just used the built in settings wizard and it set up fine.

Has anyone managed to find a working Divx player for the 5800 that doesn't require the virtual keypad hack?

bro try the smartmovie

funny, i couldn't get into the web unless i'm in a wifi area. better back to tweak it again

sir remote, do you know how to hack the 5800?

Edited by tempest21

sir remote, do you know how to hack the 5800?

nope, but i can always push this and that buttons, right? until i get the system right.

in my early years, i used to 'hack' apple and ibm xt. computer architecture was much simpler then. i used to program with basic (learned the language by the book, then found a company to made me do its inventory program, lakas ng loob lang), dbase, and c. just when i thought i gotten myself comfortable with c++, the software houses introduced a never-ending stream of upgrades. i gave up. it's been a long time i haven't program anything.

oh, going back to basic, one of my old friends, ted, was the 'inventor' of microsoft quickbasic. but microsoft kept sharing that honor/distinction to ted's bosses as well. anyway, he retired very rich! our programming group recently had a reunion last monday at trinoma. many were still active in programming, but they're already top brasses at smart, globe, etc.

sir tempest21, this is a very helpful information. i see you researched around well before buying your unit. a well-paid research indeed.

i always compare the brand new units from the second hand units, i bought my unit for 11000

as you can see, there's only a small difference when it comes to the prices, but my budget wont permit me

so had no choice but to buy the 2nd hand <_<