Cellphone Reviews

I'm looking for a PDA/Smart phone to replace my old one..the p990i im using now isnt practical since im very busy and i cant afford the bugs and the hang ups that happen..imagine ur phone f*ing up during important calls, tasks....anyway I was thinking of getting a Nokia E61i or a Samsung Blackjack....any ideas which would be more useful for me?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

Sorry I'm a newbie here and an American. For Christmas, I'm buying one of my friends a cell phone but I'm not sure where to buy a cell phone compatible with Smart or Load cards. How can I tell if a phone is compatible with those cards? Also, can I buy a cell phone in the US that would work in Phili? Any special requirements unlocked etc etc. Sorry for this I really have no idea :D If anyone has a link, I'd really appreciate it also.

Thanks all take care,

Hey,

Sorry I'm a newbie here and an American. For Christmas, I'm buying one of my friends a cell phone but I'm not sure where to buy a cell phone compatible with Smart or Load cards. How can I tell if a phone is compatible with those cards? Also, can I buy a cell phone in the US that would work in Phili? Any special requirements unlocked etc etc. Sorry for this I really have no idea :D If anyone has a link, I'd really appreciate it also.

Thanks all take care,

Yes, you can buy a cellphone in the US that would work in Phil. as long as it is unlocked.. no special requirements..whatsoever..

about the cp.. i prefer.. SE ones..

For those who are bothered by the crappyness, freezing & slow response of some N-Series phones (N70, N91 or N72 or even N73)

you may try to look at the new Nokia 6120 classic.....small form factor, Micro SD, 2 MP Camera, Radio, USB port, light weight, runs on the same Series 60 Symbian 9.3 OS, fast response, has 3G and HSDPA or 3.5 G...IMHO this trumps all the handset models i mentioned (except N73's 3.2 MP Carl Zeiss Optics Camera with Autofocus)...

and best of all..its CHEAP! :D less than 12K

Edited by orionpax
Hey,

Thanks all take care,

Yes, you can buy a cellphone in the US that would work in Phil. as long as it is unlocked.. no special requirements..whatsoever..

about the cp.. i prefer.. SE ones..

Be careful not to get a CDMA phone. That will not work here in Philippines. Make sure you get an OPENLINE (aka UNBRANDED) GSM phone that works on 900 MHz or 1800 MHz bands. Some carriers (including Canada and the United States) use the 850 MHz and 1900 MHz bands because the 900 and 1800 MHz frequency bands were already allocated, this phone won't work also.

hi

im planning to buy my gf a nokia 6300, slim and simple lang ang dating...

any comments on this unit? i was thinking for samsung sana kaso sirain daw eh....

your wrong..

samsung e hindi sirain..

actually ung phone ko ng samsung SGH-E250 e ilang beses ko n nahulog..

mga 15 times na okay p din..e kapag sa mga nokia minsan nasisira na agad ung lcd kapag ganun..

well tungkol sa fone na sinsabi mo wala akong alm..