Cellphone Reviews

• 2 weeks later...
how much is the n73? is there a big diff between n73 n the n73 music edition? in terms of price...functions...software, bugs etc? need feedback thanks...

Pare,

I also use an N73 for 5 months na. So far, I have not encountered any major problem. Sometimes my cell phone hangs which I think happens to almost all nokia cell phone models.

My only question to other Nokia N series users is their experience in using their cell phones to attach to their laptop to surf the net. Smart and Globe has this promo for about 10 pesos for every 30 minutes of internet use.

regards

• 4 weeks later...
I've heard a lot of comments about the Nokia cellphones not being durable enough, na madaling masira. I think Sony Ericsson outweighs them in that regard

Its because manufacturing of Nokia phones are now done in China. So be very careful on buying Nokia phones. Buy only on legitimate distributors like SMART or GLOBE. If your going to buy on some other outlets, be sure they are carrying legitimate NOKIA warranty. There are some outlets who fakes this warranty. If you happen to buy a new Nokia Phone and wants to verify weather the warranty is real, register your phone online to Nokia, and apply for an Elite Card.

Am trying to decide buying a new fone ... what would you suggest?

N70 music ed

n73 music ed

SEk800i

personally I think the features of n73 me tops them all but am worried about feedbacks that the joysticks easily broke. I do prefer a music fone with good sound quality.

N70 music ed

n73 music ed

SEk800i

personally I think the features of n73 me tops them all but am worried about feedbacks that the joysticks easily broke. I do prefer a music fone with good sound quality.

Go for the K800i...music fone, high quality cam, durability proven...all in one

N70 music ed

n73 music ed

SEk800i

go for the n73, dont worry about it, I have my n73 now for 3 months already and havent had any problems with anything. Don't

worry so much about them phone reviews, they are always exxagerated, especially reviews from the UK and the US. and btw a

big LOL on the feedback that the joystick breaks easily hahaha just dont eat it and you should be fine.

If you go Nokia, just make sure your firmware is up to date, people who use the S60 series phones often complain of their phones slowing down.

go for the n73, dont worry about it, I have my n73 now for 3 months already and havent had any problems with anything. Don't

worry so much about them phone reviews, they are always exxagerated, especially reviews from the UK and the US. and btw a

big LOL on the feedback that the joystick breaks easily hahaha just dont eat it and you should be fine.

N70 music ed

n73 music ed

SEk800i

dba mas maliit yung design ng K800i compared to other mentioned Nokia models?

I'm now an SE user so I would suggest SE whenever possible :P

just a few gripes, though not enough for me to switch back to Nokia:

- my W810i has a little difficulty capturing Audio during video recording on some cases; I used my phone and a friend's N-series phone (dunno the model) to capture a Metal band playing while we were at the front of the stage, for my SE, sound quality sucked but the video was really smooth, for the N-series, sound was clear enough but the video was incredibly choppy, like webcams on dial-up

- adding a Group of contacts for an SMS adds the Group name, not a list of regular contacts associated with the Group, like it does with my old Nokia phone, so I can't remove certain contacts from that group

- SE's universal plug (for the charger, headset, PC-sync cables) is great if you have other SE phones, but you can only plug one at a time, so you can't recharge while jamming to sounds

I'm not sure if the same gripes applies to the K800i though -_-

the flash for the camera doubles as a flashlight, which is nice when you need a flashlight all of a sudden (dropping something in the cinema, typhoon unexpectedly shutting down electricity, that sort of thing)

I sold my Samsung kasi hirap buksan ng isang kamay and clamshell type. Anyway, I miss my SE K700i which I gave to my son so I bought a relatively old model na SE K750i costing P9,300. Halos pareho lang ang features. I preferred this model kasi ok ang placement ng keys niya which is ok for guys with big fingers. Yung mga bagong labas na SonyEricsson dikit-dikit na ang keys, madali lang magkamali ng pindot.

Edited by insomnii
Hi pinoymuffdiver, how does the sound quality of se w850i compared to that of the ipod?

if i may answer your question, if you're going to base it on volume, i think mas malaki yung volume range ng ipod. but the thing is the walkman series phones have in-ear earphones (parang redundant). so kahit na medyo mahina yung setting mo sa volume, ok lang kasi most outside noises are blocked out. trust me, it works. muntik na ko masagasaan habang tumatawid ng kalye sa makati, and i listen with the volume turned full blast. :lol:

anyway, just bought a 2gb memory stick last week (max memory for my w810i). para na rin akong may ipod! :cool:

if i may answer your question, if you're going to base it on volume, i think mas malaki yung volume range ng ipod. but the thing is the walkman series phones have in-ear earphones (parang redundant). so kahit na medyo mahina yung setting mo sa volume, ok lang kasi most outside noises are blocked out. trust me, it works. muntik na ko masagasaan habang tumatawid ng kalye sa makati, and i listen with the volume turned full blast. :lol:

anyway, just bought a 2gb memory stick last week (max memory for my w810i). para na rin akong may ipod! :cool:

Thanks.

bought a motorola v3i, couple of weeks ago...had it replaced na once, because the baterry wouldnt last a day..stand-by lang...the replaced unit, both are brand-new btw, had the exact same problem...

decided to cancel my purchase and ask for a refund..buti nalang used my credit card, had my transaction voided...

Hmmm.. Cant decide kung Nokia or Moto or SE

L6 = Bluetooth/Cam/No MMC/Di pde install ng apps/D pde themes

Nokia = 6600/6680 etc Bluetooth/Cam/Programs/May MMC/Themes

SE K750i/W800i = Cam/Bluetooth/MMC/D Pde apps/Pde ata themes.

But I think L6 is just a fashion phone and not much features.

Heard some great reviews about L6 though

Edited by kUrTsKY
Thanks.

The Motorolla V3i is one of the most convenient phones I have ever had. The battery life is much better than the other phones I have (Nokia N71, SE P910i, P990i). Too bad yours might have had a factory defect. Other possibility for short battery life is that you have the bluetooth on all the time - although the V3i bluetooth turns off by itself when inactive for 60 seconds.