Cellphone Reviews

Mine is Nokia N70 Music Edition. The sleek ergonomic design is to die for! The performance is superb. Never had any problems that other people complain about like hanging and slow thing. It is slim enough to fit in my pocket. I use it as a lecture recorder when im in school and an mp3 player. Also uses it to surf the web while im on the go. I think this is the best for me despite me having an n80 internet edition.

• 3 weeks later...

Bought a SE P1i (PDA phone) last friday, very nice phone with a 3.2 MP cam, etc, you know naman Sony phones halos kumpleto ang specs nila..I've been tinkering it for 3 days na and so far i'm satisfied with its performance. Na cha-challenge ako kasi this is my first PDA fone, dami fearures. My last fone is also a Sony, W850i. :thumbsupsmiley:

• 3 weeks later...
Whats the best smartphone in the market today?

Probably the Nokia N95 if you're into the multimedia kind of stuffs... wait for the N95 8GB (faster and has, obviously, 8GB internal memory). But if you don't care so much for the 5mp camera and the GPS function, then the P1i is also a good bet. I myself is leaning more to the P1i as it is more convenient with its touchscreen and serves well as a business pda phone... and it's also a bit cheaper than the N95.

any comments 'bout the chinese dual sim phones...?

Right now, dealers are taking them off the shelves because they have no NTC approval.

Normally they are designed for the Chinese market, so don't expect them to come with an English manual.

I wonder where you can buy batteries, I have seen batteries that worn out in less than 24 hrs standby.

Some units let you watch free TV, but reception depend on availability of TV signal.

Some models comes with dual cameras, gprs, but without technical support, how can you set them?

• 2 weeks later...

The best phone i consider is the treo series. You can add very productive softwares and games in it. I previously owned a treo 650, 680 and now i'm enjoying every second of Treo 750 with WM6. If you experience one of this phones, you would realize you wasted your money on nokia, ericsson and samsung phones.

To those who happens to own or planning to buy Sony Ericsson phones all i can say is TAKE VERY VERY GOOD CARE OF THEM

this is because the after sales service of SONY ERICSSON SUCKS BIG TIME

first - you have to wait in line at the service center for over 3 hrs (average)

second - they tell you that you have to leave your phone because they have to send it to binondo where their main svc center hq is. duh binondo - e baka s quiapo nila pinadadala yun for all we know...

third - the min waiting time for your phone's repair is THREE WEEKS, not to mention the ave time is approx ONE MONTH or more. duh - e ano ngayong phone ang gagamitin mo while ur unit is away for such a long long time?

fourth - when ipinagawa ko phone ko - under warranty pa nila - it bogged down again and now iba nanaman daw ang sira - how can that be while all the stickers are intact and more than 60 y/o ang gumagamit ng phone (meaning palagi lang nakapatong sa mesa), hindi pa nga mahilig mag txt yung matanda.... - this means either may nasira sila while fixing the phone and they are trying to pass the blame onto the end user - all the while under svc warranty period pa nila....

note : di lahat ng shops / cel stores tumatanggap ng Sony Ericsson phones for repair, even then bibihira din ang may parts.

i was seriously considering either a P1i , a P990i or K800i but after my experience with their after sales - i'm sticking to my NOKIA E61 and Palm Treo600. Sa Nokia, kahit saang kanto may gumagawa, matibay and ok ang after sales service. MY Palm Treo 600 is so durable that i have had no problems with it for the past three years....and to think second hand ko pa nabili yun.

my best advise to prospective SONY ERICSSON buyers is to investigate throroughly the after sales service of your brand. per my experience, SONY ERICSSON aftersales sucks big time.

Edited by Happy Gilmore
hey guys! any info about nokia e61i? like the price and its performance? bec im also considering p1i but when saw the keypad,it has 2 letters in one button.

I own an E61, ok naman cya, durable (i dropped mine several times),user friendly. The E61 is basically a wifi enabled phone trying to be an organizer. Except for the wifi feature, talong talo siya ng Palm Treo (from Treo 600 upwards). Price should be under 10k. Servicewise, walang problem since any cornerstore can fix Nokia phones.

advise ko re P1i,

stay away from it

the keys are too damn close to one another. if you're a guy, you're doomed. i tried out typing "the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog" and lahat ng words may maling letter na napipindot. Sanay na sanay pa ako sa qwerty keyboards since i own a Treo 600 and an E61.

after sales service of Sony Ericsson SUCKS! (pls refer to my post re this). magkaroon ka lang ng kahit konting problem, lagot na. average of one month mo nang di magagamit ang phone mo. di lahat ng stores gumagawa o tumatanggap ng Sony Ericsson fones for repair. so that leaves you with the very lousy service of the authorized service centers (haaay - sa inis ko, ang sarap sunugin ng mga stores nila). my k750i is the last Sony Ericsson phone i will ever own.

• 2 weeks later...