Who Is Into Scale Modelling?

coolestboy

Vielen Dank Herr Boelcke!

How long did it take to build?

I had to hoard the whole Macross fleet from Special Toys since Hasegawa has a penchant for doing special short production runs only. It takes a long while before they produce again. Same with Fine Molds which is a much smaller company than Hasegawa.

This took me about 2 months or so to build.

:)

Does anyone know where I can find a huey in 1:350 or 1:400 scale? Or do you know anyone whom I can commission to make one? How about paint jobs.....anyone up for it? I bought 2boxes of helicopters ng Trumpeteer 1:350 but don't have the time to assemble and paint them anymore.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t317/MackyMakoy/IMG_9551_1.jpg

Thank you sir boelcke and Dr. Pepper for the response. I am actually into 1:400 die-cast and needed some of these hueys to complement my diorama. I only saw 1:350 as the closest available scale with choppers s I was thinking baka there's chance that there were hueys produced in that scale. Hopefully, if anyone wants or knows anyone who wants to do paintjobs of my trumpeteers 1:350,kindly message me. Thank you.

Thank you sir boelcke and Dr. Pepper for the response. I am actually into 1:400 die-cast and needed some of these hueys to complement my diorama. I only saw 1:350 as the closest available scale with choppers s I was thinking baka there's chance that there were hueys produced in that scale. Hopefully, if anyone wants or knows anyone who wants to do paintjobs of my trumpeteers 1:350,kindly message me. Thank you.

Why not ask Herr Boelcke to scratchbuild a 1/400 Huey for you?

NIce to know there's a lot of interest in scale modelling. I stopped when other interests caame along.

I have a collection of 1/12 scale formula 1 cars from the 80's. I think i have about 7. i also have a couple of kits which i havent started yet including a 3-wheeled Messchersmitt KR400.

I'll try to get pics of the F-1 cars and post them here though some of the parts are falling off already. May need some minor restoration though.

Ahehehe!! Kaw talaga Doc. Hehehe!

Cruzer,

Im not promising anything, but Ill see what we can do.

Awww you're being too humble sir!

NIce to know there's a lot of interest in scale modelling. I stopped when other interests caame along.

I have a collection of 1/12 scale formula 1 cars from the 80's. I think i have about 7. i also have a couple of kits which i havent started yet including a 3-wheeled Messchersmitt KR400.

I'll try to get pics of the F-1 cars and post them here though some of the parts are falling off already. May need some minor restoration though.

Nice to know you got hooked into this hobby too. Let's see the pix!

hi guys and girls (kung meron man),

I used to build 1/48 scale of military planes and helicopters wayyyy back when I was still single.

I built around 12 models or so, from the very basic Huey, to the seahawk, f-16, to a very detailed f-18.

Unluckily, I left it in our ancestral house and were given away as toys!! to my pamangkins.

I could still vividly remember when I would start building a model at around 10pm and would be finish by 8am the next day, complete with the decals and airbrushed painting.

wish i have taken pictures of my collection or stored them for my kids appreciation.

So, is the Academy brand still available and where? This was the cheapest brand back then and easier to assemble.

hi guys and girls (kung meron man),

I used to build 1/48 scale of military planes and helicopters wayyyy back when I was still single.

I built around 12 models or so, from the very basic Huey, to the seahawk, f-16, to a very detailed f-18.

Unluckily, I left it in our ancestral house and were given away as toys!! to my pamangkins.

I could still vividly remember when I would start building a model at around 10pm and would be finish by 8am the next day, complete with the decals and airbrushed painting.

wish i have taken pictures of my collection or stored them for my kids appreciation.

So, is the Academy brand still available and where? This was the cheapest brand back then and easier to assemble.

Like you, I stopped building models when I found out that fondling ladies was much more fun than fondling plastic. Lately, fondling plastic seemed to become fun again. It's a totally different scenario now for scale modellers. The market is now aimed at adults, with more detailed and accurate kits, resin, photoetch, decals etc etc and has become more expensive as a result. Academy is still around and their old kits are still cheap but for almost the same price but with better tooling and accessories, it's hard to beat Trumpeter. Go visit Lil's or Special Toys or Hobbies and Comics and take a look at what they are selling nowadays.

Like you, I stopped building models when I found out that fondling ladies was much more fun than fondling plastic. ....

Damn right, master! :thumbsupsmiley:

But now that age is gaining on me, nice to go back to my old hobbies. :rolleyes:

But still cant let go of the ladies. :upside:

Dont thank me yet. I havent done the Huey yet.

Dont thank me yet. I havent done the Huey yet.

Your eyes are getting heavy.....your hands are itching to make the huey.....left right,left right....when I snap my fingers you will start making the huey. :thumbsupsmiley:

Apollo Lunar Lander before - almost 3 decades ago. hehehe

did that too. maybe around that time also. hehe.

one of the booboos i did before when i was starting scale modelling was i didnt know i had to paint them. duh! it was only during my teens that i realized that painting the models made them look real. another duh! :unsure:

i have a friend who has an extensive collection of WWII models, tanks, planes even dioramas. i think they were all in 1/35th scale. :thumbsupsmiley:

did that too. maybe around that time also. hehe.

one of the booboos i did before when i was starting scale modelling was i didnt know i had to paint them. duh! it was only during my teens that i realized that painting the models made them look real. another duh! :unsure:

i have a friend who has an extensive collection of WWII models, tanks, planes even dioramas. i think they were all in 1/35th scale. :thumbsupsmiley:

So you also had shelves of funny colored Matchbox kits? - yellow wings with green fuselage and red tires? hehehe

I couldn't afford to buy paint then. I tried using acrylic - bought in small jars in arts supply stores, but the paint was too thick and dull. The model looked better unpainted.

Hmmm. Is that the reason why I have a stash of paint now?

Regarding that Revell Lunar Lander Diorama kit, buti na lang white yung plastic nung module at astraunauts, tapos grey yung base. Gumamit lang ako ng gold foil at kaunting black paint (utang sa kaibigan), maganda na. I remember saving 4 months for it.

So you also had shelves of funny colored Matchbox kits? - yellow wings with green fuselage and red tires? hehehe

I couldn't afford to buy paint then. I tried using acrylic - bought in small jars in arts supply stores, but the paint was too thick and dull. The model looked better unpainted.

Hmmm. Is that the reason why I have a stash of paint now?

Regarding that Revell Lunar Lander Diorama kit, buti na lang white yung plastic nung module at astraunauts, tapos grey yung base. Gumamit lang ako ng gold foil at kaunting black paint (utang sa kaibigan), maganda na. I remember saving 4 months for it.

first kit i made was a 1/100th scale model of a B-15 unknown japanese brand which i bought for P3.50. hehe mukhang nabuking na yata edad ko. luckily the plastic was colored green.

yup, the revell lunar diorama kit came in white. it was displayed in my room with no paint. kaya pala walang dating. also, i was wondering why in the instruction sheet, the parts had colors indicated as you assembled them. duh! :blush:

Dr_PepPeR, mightor, floppydrive . . . you still have those LM models? got pics of them?

I've been intrigued by these space vehicles :lol:

di na ata available mga ito sa local stores like Lil's., or hirap hanapin kung meron man

Puro planes, tanks and the usual stuff

Edited by jettison_last