Who Is Into Scale Modelling?

coolestboy

Good day, just got into plastic model kits last month. I started with Bandai starwars ,without seeng SW7 immediately bought 2 kits (na naka pikit).Built the X-wing and Tie fighter.......another "advance tie fighter" later. Baka ready na ko sa styrene cement?.....ordered the AMT Milleneum Falcon 1:58 scale.But the kit arrives in 2 weeks, need to test the water. I got the cheapest available kit in the store, 1:144 scale f4 phantom. Got my first cement,paint,and 0 brush.

What did I learn so far? 1. Dont get a small kit for a start, kahirap hawakan di ko makita mga details.2. Expect some gaps with low end kits.daw. 3. Remember its a hobby not our livelyhood..addicting, minsan di ako pwedeng kausapin pag nakasalang 4. Bandai are so far the easiest kit to build dahil snap kit no cement and curing needed , pwedeng hawakan at matibay but painting and detailing is a different story.5. Water slide decals....parang magic ganoon pala ...lol. 6. Ang papayat lang pala nang fiberoptic contents nang mga linya natin sa mga cable. Ga buhok at 4 to 6 fibers lang yata(need it to light the inside cabin)

I am now starting my MF, I'll build majority of it in my office and leave it there to have quality family time at home. I will give 3 days for every step in the curing and painting of segments.Started painting the toothpick sized arm of Hans and Chewbaca.Some parts are not flush ,di lapat dahil parang shape nang clam ang MF.

Sa palagay ko mas ok sa klase nang lifestyle ko ang mabagal na construction at di napupuyat, pag na construct na kasi you need to buy a new kit to start the process all over.

Glad I was able to get into this hobby and also to this forum.Cheers

Welcome to this crazy hobby!

I have so much Star Wars kits, most of them are still in the box. Haven't had time to build any of them. The AMT Millennium Falcon kit really has quality issues. The kit came out more than 20 years ago and has been re-issued so many times already. Glad they finally published the scale at 1:58.

There is a Star Wars series issued by FIne Molds. So far these are the best detailed kits, but hard to find. They started the series with all the ships at 1:72 scale, well detailed, down to the decals. Heck, they even included parts and decals so you can build the whole X-Wing Red Squadron (Luke is Red5, in case you'd want to know). I still see some in some local shops as they dont sell well. Mahal ang Fine Molds. Glad Bandai came out with their Sta Wars series. I have the 1:144 scale MF. No time to build pa rin.

• 4 weeks later...

Would mini-figs(Zombiecide, Warhammer) qualify as scale modelling?

I have a lot of unbuilt Bandai Kits(Gundams etc), now I want to try my hands sa painting naman, kumuha ako nung Dark Souls board game(comes with a lot of mini-figs) at sa April next year pa ang dating. Hoping by April gamay ko na yung process for painting those. Saan kaya pwede magsimula ng transition?

Sa Greenhills marami. Meron sa Lil's sa Megamall. I also join targeted hobby groups sa Facebook - dun may mga nagbebenta ng mga backlog nila na mahirap nang hanapin sa normal na bilihan.

Thanks bro! hanap din pala ko sa facebook noh? may mga backlog din ako, hirap din magstart madalas

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

post-41775-0-66032400-1470680192_thumb.jpgpost-41775-0-86753700-1470682229_thumb.jpgpost-41775-0-67753100-1470682242_thumb.jpgpost-41775-0-85825400-1470682258_thumb.jpgpost-41775-0-23497200-1470682346_thumb.jpg

Current project, MH-60K by Italeri. Initially I was just aiming for the basic MH-60 configuration but I decided to do the one with external fuel tank configuration. This Project is almost 90% complete, I still have to paint and attach the main and tail rotors, machine gun and some small details.

Any tips on how to mask clear parts?what's the be way to mask the clear parts?

• 4 weeks later...

attachicon.gifMH-60.jpgattachicon.gifMH-603.jpgattachicon.gifMH-604.jpgattachicon.gifMH-605.jpgattachicon.gifMH-606.jpg

Current project, MH-60K by Italeri. Initially I was just aiming for the basic MH-60 configuration but I decided to do the one with external fuel tank configuration. This Project is almost 90% complete, I still have to paint and attach the main and tail rotors, machine gun and some small details.

Any tips on how to mask clear parts?what's the be way to mask the clear parts?

For masking, you can use masking tape and Maskol by Humbrol. Try looking for it in JMN's Hobby shop.

Here's a video on how it is used:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OppaiLover I'll try to answer your question based on my experience, The higher the number when I comes to scales the smaller the model, for example, 1:48 compared to 1:72, 1:48 will be the bigger model, 1:72 will be half the size of 1:48, the bigger the model the more detailed it would be.

OppaiLover I'll try to answer your question based on my experience, The higher the number when I comes to scales the smaller the model, for example, 1:48 compared to 1:72, 1:48 will be the bigger model, 1:72 will be half the size of 1:48, the bigger the model the more detailed it would be.

ah. ok boss.. thanks sa clarification.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...