Stock Car Or Modified?

• 3 weeks later...

After blowing up my subaru. I swore that I would be a stock car kind of guy pero now , marami ng faster cars than my gtr. searched the net and parang matunog ang alpha performance. currently thinking of getting a stage 2 package that will increase my car's output from 545hp to 700hp.

this is the ALpha 7 package which includes the following.

• ALPHA front mount intercooler
  • COBB big SF intake pipe
  • Alpha 90mm Mid-pipe (resonated version available)
  • Alpha 90mm Downpipes
  • HKS Legamax Exhaust System (Akraprovic or other AMS spec system also available)
  • Injector Dynamics 1000CC Injectors
  • Cobb AccessPORT V3
  • Custom Alpha Calibration Map for pump fuel
  • 5 weeks later...

I'm not sure what would be 'worth' more, but I'd imagine Stock would hold it's value better, and is more desirable to a potential buyer.

Modified is more of a gamble. Some mods are just in bad taste, there's certainly cars out there we've all thought "I wouldn't buy that!". As for other mods, if the car seems good, it's harder to ascertain the legitimacy of parts, quality of workmanship, etc, plus the owner's choice of mods might not correspond to your own. And a modified car certainly means the driver was probably more inclined to give it some beans. Mods might also suggest foul play - if you had a new front end on a car and a fresh respray, it could suggest it's an accident repair jobbie (if not stated)

Someone who knows their modded car is good and isn't in a hurry to sell is probably in a good position to put on a premium for the car. But otherwise, I'd say they'd be pretty much the same.

If we're talking older cars, eg Mustangs, Valiants, Kingswoods, old cars are far less common, and even fewer of them would be in original condition. Some may be mint, several might be stock however quite worn from several decades of service. And since older cars have often passed through many hands, they've probably undergone many customisations, retrofits and repairs over time which all make them unique. Even a restored car, in a sense, isn't really stock. So the lines between 'stock' and 'modified' are blurred further than normal.. I'd say market value really is more down to rarity and condition rather than outright mods.

• Like (+1) 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any comments on vertical door conversion?

TH, if yours didn't come stock with it.

OnT: Resto-Mod (Perf) for old, classic cars. Stock for cars still in warranty period (though some can load aesthetic stuff and still get covered, but not perf mods). Mods galore for old tuners.