Martial Arts

Corkscrew

HELLO THERE IAM CURRENTLY PRACTICING GRACIE BARRA Jiu-jitsu AND MMA, AT BAMF gym inside gym aholic at sucat paranaque,kapagod sobra ang training , to bad i have to stop coz iam back to work here in a hot country cant wait for my vacation sa dec to resume my training ulit

Edited by cardinalemt
Guest fhoryou
do you guys by any chance know where can i find a muay thai dojo or traning for a beginner

thnx

In Elorde Boxing Gym they have Muay Thai but that is all you get.

Why don't you try Krav Maga?

It uses kicks from Muay Thai and other techniques from other martial arts. This is not MMA but its combat system. Design for real self-defense and combat. Even UFC fighters are aware of this combat system that they don't dare go against anyone who practice this.

There is a free trial. Just one day trial you can use it efficiently on the streets.

All its trained here is reflexes and dynamic body movements.

I'm learning Karate Goju Ryu - touguchi family and Shorin ryu - shidokan (seikichi iha) and some Kobudo. I prefer arnis in terms of weapons, which i get from my dad he teaches me Doce Pares style (though he's a bit rusty)

planning to study white crane kung fu and pikiti tersia soon. Hope there are schools near Antipolo, where im from.

Hope someone can suggest a school near Antipolo?. thanx guys

I'm learning Karate Goju Ryu - touguchi family and Shorin ryu - shidokan (seikichi iha) and some Kobudo. I prefer arnis in terms of weapons, which i get from my dad he teaches me Doce Pares style (though he's a bit rusty)

planning to study white crane kung fu and pikiti tersia soon. Hope there are schools near Antipolo, where im from.

Hope someone can suggest a school near Antipolo?. thanx guys

I know a place in antipolo where they teach pekiti tirsia i forgot the place but will get back to you, it is the same place where discovry channel location for fight quest here in the philippines.

Even UFC fighters are aware of this combat system that they don't dare go against anyone who practice this.

Bullshit.

Comments like this really piss me off because it just shows that the comment maker is completely brainwashed, or totally deluded.

BTW, check my previous posts on my KM experience; if you're unfamiliar with the name Eyal Yanilov, then your KM is probably crap. I'm not knocking the system, I'm knocking the whole "My system is the best in the world and can beat anybody" BULLCRAP!! attitude that permeates the martial arts community. Anybody that's spent enough time training and fighting, and is in the same field of employment that I am KNOWS that comments like this show complete and total ignorance.

So, in saying that, would you go into the Octagon against Chuck Liddell? Quinton Jackson? Tito Ortiz? Josh Barnett? Ken or Frank Shamrock?

Would you? After all, you train in T3h D34dly Krav Maga, so you should clean up big time...

Bullshit.

Comments like this really piss me off because it just shows that the comment maker is completely brainwashed, or totally deluded.

BTW, check my previous posts on my KM experience; if you're unfamiliar with the name Eyal Yanilov, then your KM is probably crap. I'm not knocking the system, I'm knocking the whole "My system is the best in the world and can beat anybody" BULLCRAP!! attitude that permeates the martial arts community. Anybody that's spent enough time training and fighting, and is in the same field of employment that I am KNOWS that comments like this show complete and total ignorance.

So, in saying that, would you go into the Octagon against Chuck Liddell? Quinton Jackson? Tito Ortiz? Josh Barnett? Ken or Frank Shamrock?

Would you? After all, you train in T3h D34dly Krav Maga, so you should clean up big time...

hehehe the comment cracks me up bro, and i'm with you with people saying that their style can't be defeated and is feared by fighters...

just the way you say it it cracks me up chief. no offense meant

hehehe the comment cracks me up bro, and i'm with you with people saying that their style can't be defeated and is feared by fighters...

just the way you say it it cracks me up chief. no offense meant

Hehehe. Kinda reminds me of that time. Tracma joined the MMA scene via the first two URCC's if I recall correctly their club history states their Master Trovador Ramos was actually the one who killed Bruce Lee after a soft blow to the head (during a sparring session) which he later died of 3 days after. Now personally I don't know if it's true (though it brings a smile to my face still when people bring it up hehe). They're members actually claimed their art was the best and they couldn't be beaten.

And how did they end up? Sad to say the group has become the butt of jokes of the local MMA community after their dismal showings.

Edited by geneticfreak
Hehehe. Kinda reminds me of that time. Tracma joined the MMA scene via the first two URCC's if I recall correctly their club history states their Master Trovador Ramos was actually the one who killed Bruce Lee after a soft blow to the head (during a sparring session) which he later died of 3 days after. Now personally I don't know if it's true (though it brings a smile to my face still when people bring it up hehe). They're members actually claimed their art was the best and they couldn't be beaten.

And how did they end up? Sad to say the group has become the butt of jokes of the local MMA community after their dismal showings.

This is one of the most irritating urban legends ever to come out of the Philippine MA scene. What annoys the s@%t out of me even more is that there are tons of f#&king IDIOTS who actually believe it...it's like "Dude! I'm going to drop all pretense of actually having a brain and filling the space between my ears with dog manure! Yeah!!"

This is one of the most irritating urban legends ever to come out of the Philippine MA scene. What annoys the s@%t out of me even more is that there are tons of f#&king IDIOTS who actually believe it...it's like "Dude! I'm going to drop all pretense of actually having a brain and filling the space between my ears with dog manure! Yeah!!"

Hahaha. I train with Kru Sulpiano Laurio and Manuel 'Cobra' Silvano who actually fought one of these Tracma wannabes. The Arix Solar guy was running away from him the entire time.

People ought to do a lil more research before believing such claims. There a lot of groups coming out preaching this art or this style and a lil research would really be handy before you join any of them and train under them (and waste your hard-earned cash).

Back in the day we used to just base the reputation of a fighter or a group by word of mouth and silly stories like these kaya mejo marami ang naloloko. It's actually a good thing that nowadays we have records of the results of fights and competitions even supporting vids and pics (available online) to show which groups are legit and will give you results if you train with them. Kaya we advise anyone planning to take up martial arts (well in our case MMA in particular) to do a little research.

Back in the day we used to just base the reputation of a fighter or a group by word of mouth and silly stories like these kaya mejo marami ang naloloko. It's actually a good thing that nowadays we have records of the results of fights and competitions even supporting vids and pics (available online) to show which groups are legit and will give you results if you train with them. Kaya we advise anyone planning to take up martial arts (well in our case MMA in particular) to do a little research.

yep, and thank you for the heads up on who to avoid in the local scene (remember the PM chief ^_^), so yeah, nothing beats good old fashioned research before jumping the gun ^_^

yep, and thank you for the heads up on who to avoid in the local scene (remember the PM chief ^_^), so yeah, nothing beats good old fashioned research before jumping the gun ^_^

Hahaha Your welcome bro. But let me just reiterate again that it's not really the team or the style we were bashing then (as stated by sir tankjitsu who kinda knew who it was as well hehe) it was their head coach's greed and prioritization of monetary gains over the training and well being of his students. That team is quite solid and has some good fighters who have performed really well in some recent events (again i won't name the fighters or even the event dahil maoobvious kung sino hehe) but again if you're coach is really more after making some cash rather than making you better skill-wise than I think it would be better for you to train with someone else.

I definitely agree that credibility in terms of win-loss records are very important to establish if a team is legit or not.

It also saddens me that some people turn martial arts classes into a business and focus more on monetary profit rather than the well being of the student.

I definitely agree that credibility in terms of win-loss records are very important to establish if a team is legit or not.

It also saddens me that some people turn martial arts classes into a business and focus more on monetary profit rather than the well being of the student.

what can i say chief? the clamor for martial arts is here again just like bruce lee's era, and a lot of people want to profit from it anyway they can (example: Dana White).

and thank you as well for your informative posts about the martial arts scene here in the country, your posts along with geneticfreak's and tankijitsu helped me a lot in planning on where to train BJJ, which up to know, i sadly haven't started as i can't seem to put it in my current day to day schedule.

I know a place in antipolo where they teach pekiti tirsia i forgot the place but will get back to you, it is the same place where discovry channel location for fight quest here in the philippines.

great!!! hope to hear from you po. if the school is near antipolo and teaches legit pekiti, panalo. :thumbsupsmiley:

what can i say chief? the clamor for martial arts is here again just like bruce lee's era, and a lot of people want to profit from it anyway they can (example: Dana White).

and thank you as well for your informative posts about the martial arts scene here in the country, your posts along with geneticfreak's and tankijitsu helped me a lot in planning on where to train BJJ, which up to know, i sadly haven't started as i can't seem to put it in my current day to day schedule.

glad to be of service to you and to everyone else bro. anyway magstart ka na magtrain the december competition is about 6 weeks away. hehe. ako mejo pahinga muna this week kakatapos lang nung dominacao absoluta last saturday and sunday e.

glad to be of service to you and to everyone else bro. anyway magstart ka na magtrain the december competition is about 6 weeks away. hehe. ako mejo pahinga muna this week kakatapos lang nung dominacao absoluta last saturday and sunday e.

Which reminds me, care to post the results?