Why Are Fat People Sensitive?

• 3 months later...

hindi lahat, actually. some fat people learn to deal with it in such a way na nasasakyan na nila kapag biniro sila about their weight and they can turn the whole thing around into a humurous discussion. mas okay silang kasama. meron naman na dahil sa dami ng comment sa kanila, they simply got burned out at madali na silang magalit... o naging sensitive na sila sa issue.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think it all boils down to insecurities. People who don't like certain aspects of themselves are prone to be sensitive when you point out those attributes they feel shameful of. For example, I think that most people will consider me as someone being fat and not only that it doesn't bother me, I kinda like it! I always say that I'm not fat by accident - it's by choice :D . I also know some folks who have perfectly proportionate bodies yet are very sensitive to their sizes thinking that they're too fat when in fact they're not. Go figure.

Edited by PapaFresh

1st person objective..hehe.

fat person here... ahem ahem. here goes

they should be bec slim & sexy attracts friends

not really. generally, yes mas mabenta ang slim and sexy. but there are some people who prefer their partners to have some meat. and, slim and sexy is not synonymous with being attractive, id rather be fat and pretty than fit and ugly.

Fat People are sensitive because they are insecure of the other fit people, which are more confident and sexy :sleepysmiley03:

again, i beg to differ. i guess majority of fat people have low self esteem, but not all. take me. im admittedly fat but come on. i love my curves. if you needed someone to show you what confidence is, come to me.

hindi lahat, actually. some fat people learn to deal with it in such a way na nasasakyan na nila kapag biniro sila about their weight and they can turn the whole thing around into a humurous discussion. mas okay silang kasama. meron naman na dahil sa dami ng comment sa kanila, they simply got burned out at madali na silang magalit... o naging sensitive na sila sa issue.

:thumbsupsmiley:

right. ako. i even start the joke myself sometimes. i know im fat but its really nothin to be ashamed of naman, we can kid arnd all day abt me being fat. its ok. i guess being "sensitive doesnt really have anything to do with your figure. it depends on the person him/herself.

syempre mukha silang baboy e

uneducated comment

.....because their fat. <_<

theyre* and of course not.

I think it all boils down to insecurities. People who don't like certain aspects of themselves are prone to be sensitive when you point out those attributes they feel shameful of. For example, I think that most people will consider me as someone being fat and not only that it doesn't bother me, I kinda like it! I always say that I'm not fat by accident - it's by choice :D . I also know some folks who have perfectly proportionate bodies yet are very sensitive to their sizes thinking that they're too fat when in fact they're not. Go figure.

exactly. if some fat people are sensitive its bec of insecurities. some fat people couldnt care less abt being criticized or teased abt their size bec theyre confident. and its not just fat people who are sensitive per se. like PapaFresh said, it all boils down to nsecurities. take anorexic and bulemic people. as thin as they are, sobrang sensitive nila abt their weight. if youre insecure abt someting definitely, magiging sensitive ka abt it.

soooo.... lets not generalize masyado. honestly, yes id prefer it if i could drop a couple of pounds but i love my curves. i never wanna fit in a size 24 jeans... and i embrace my being big..

weight is not directly proportional to "sensitivity".

sensitive? depends on how you look at it...

fat people are sensitive since they react if they are called about their weight because this is more of a problem that they cannot easily solve - self inflicted problem, could be but there are cases that it just happened.

skinny people are not normal, they're also a problem since we all have to maintain an ideal weight with respect to your height and age, just because you're not tipping the scale doesn't mean that you're normal...heck i've seen people that might not even move the scale and being underweight is also a problem that's not easily solved...

peace...

Well-said! :)

Another contributing factor would be our society as well. We are so caught-up with our Western counterparts and the way they project the "ideal" woman or man, that we fail to look beyond physicality. And unfortunately, so many people here have superiority complexes that it's so baffling to think someone wants to be in a relationship with them!

I guess it's just a matter of avoiding shallow people, whether fat or skinny. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

used to weigh 195 and i'm just 5'4" so i know the feeling baboy na pandak pa lol.. but i did something about it.. instead of crying when you can't stop eating then cry again if you're hungry.. its a matter of choice and sorry but i feel sorry for those people who are so sensitive about their weight and not do anything about it.. its either you embrace your love handles or work the ass off simple as that.. its hard but its possible

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

At one point, we have media to blame. XD The commercials and ads have brought us to come up with a specific concept of beauty, including slimness. It's undeniably to those who do not meet such standard are somewhat sanctioned. Over-sensitivity is rather a defense mechanism for these people. ^_^

May nabasa akong article sa isang health magazine na ang cause daw ng obesity ay isang uri ng virus

na nsa katawan ntin, may scientific study na nto sa US at Europe, Saka napanood kna ito sa

National Geographic way back 3 yrs ago. Gaano kya katotoo ito??

• 3 weeks later...

I posted something about this sometime ago and it's quite a surprise that some of the responses are really offending to people who have weight issues.

Personally, I have battled with my weight since time immemorial.

When I was a child, I was skinny to the point that my aunt (RIP) told my mother that I looked like a skeleton ready to be diplayed in a Science class. I was thin until my adolescent years and got bigger as time went on. I never understood why my body changed so much, not until I went to a doctor and found out that I have a medical condition called polycystic ovarian syndrome.

What are the symptoms:

Primary symptoms include

1. Hirsutism, abnormal hair growth on the face and other areas of the body.

2. Skin tags - excess flaps of skin on the armpit area or neck area

3. Weight gain or obesity

I was sensitive about the weight battle going on, because I had so many things to contend with.

I underwent ovarian surgery when I was only 20 years old and I told the doctors to take out my whole reproductive system, they did not because they wanted to give me a chance even if it was a slim one to have children, to have a family and now my remaining ovary is polycystic, meaning that it's going to be hard for me to have a child. Now with these personal battles, can you blame me if I flame up if someone talks trash to me because of my weight? My weight is not my primary concern, my concern is how to treat the illness from within which is not just giving me weight problems, but can be a cause for infertility as well.

There are treatments available, and I've tried some of them. The pills that I took, the side effect made me sleepy and it made me feel hungry, thus again gaining more weight. What's an alternative treatment for me? To go under the knife again so that doctors can perform laparoscopy to burst the small cysts, which may solve my weight problems, etc.

I hope the next time you say that someone is a lazy fat ass, try to ask yourself, "What battle is this person fighting within? Is it just gluttony, the desire to eat, laziness, genes, or is there some underlying medical condition to this person's predicament?"

Don't judge, because there may be something really wrong with the person.

For the last couple of years, I tried not to listen to those who blabber about the blubber, I try to keep my weight down, but sometimes I fail and fail miserably. Then again, all that I can do is stand up again, be confident (not a delusion by the way), continue with my treatment, because honestly, I just don't want to go under the knife again.

I believe it's because of their low self-esteem. Feeling siguro ng mga fat people iba ang tingin sa kanila ng mga tao. Karamihan kasi sa mga matataba,once maging payat na sila nagbabago sila. Mas confident na sila to the point na yung mga iba pa nga nagiging maangas na,pero hindi lahat.

The ideal man or woman is scientific and not one's mere delusion or philosophy

Man's (animal kingdom perhaps) liking is based on the survival and continuity of its specie .... In most ways we may call it Natural, Normal

The human mind responds positively to slim, sexy, fit ....

This is not a "Western" thought ..... it applies to all humans, even to animals .....

According to evolutionary psychologistm, anthropologist etc .., our dislike to fat people can be attributed to: being fat is lazy, prone to sickness, liability etc etc

In early cave drawings, sculptures, memoirs ... I do not remember man was portrayed in his FAT image ... if ther were perhaps, it likely outlawed or destroyed

To all fat people who work hard to be fit ... dont give up ... the human body responds to a million ways ... just need to find it

To people (fat and non-fat) who says that being fat is better compared to being slim and blame people of not understanding them ... WAKE UP

Oh yes SCIENCE is also about change and evolution:

Perhaps one day fatso's may turn out to be sexy .... hell yeah ... perhaps in planet fat or when the earth's athmosperic pressure drops to close to zero and every being swell in size

Another contributing factor would be our society as well. We are so caught-up with our Western counterparts and the way they project the "ideal" woman or man, that we fail to look beyond physicality. And unfortunately, so many people here have superiority complexes that it's so baffling to think someone wants to be in a relationship with them!

I guess it's just a matter of avoiding shallow people, whether fat or skinny. ;)

For me( being fat since I was a kid) it's part of the psychological trauma of being fat that causes fat people to be sensitive.

1) Imagine being called baboy or halimaw or the myriad of terms that people use to tease fat people. Imagine being called that when you are still young when your psyche is still being formed.

2) Imagine being a kid and being left out in games because you can't move the same way other "skinnier" people do.

3) Imagine being used as a threat to misbehaving children (hala... kakainin ka nung mataba oh)

4) Imagine not being able to wear stylish clothes because there isn't any size that would fit you.

5) Imagine being treated like s@%t by some of the shallower minded examples of the opposite sex because you aren't attractive.

It isn't all about the hormones or being teased. It's the paranoia that people treat you like a freak.

Fat people respond differently to the abuse/ridicule that they tend to attract. As for me what I've done is study martial arts. Yes I'm fat but I can still move and I can still cause damage. I can care less what society or nature dictates I'm going to live life in whatever fashion I want to.