Dvd Collectors

mahilig_bumayo

• 2 weeks later...

yung mga DVD nyo parang VHS na yan. I suggest benta nyo na lahat yan and shift to Blu-ray already. I have 400+ blu rays already and I swear, I'm never going back to DVD.

Just make sure you have a full HD tv to enjoy the great PQ and a well set up Home theater para sa awesome SQ. Say goodbye to your DVDs in low definition. Embrace HD.

• 2 weeks later...

I got 40-50 original DVDs (R1 and R3), some are special/collector editions. Fave ko LOTR (Theatrical and Extended versions), Star Wars, Spiderman, Matrix, Bagets 1/2 (hehehe)...etc

Also have 300+ pirated DVDs, mostly concerts, korean movies, tv series.

Nag-stop na ako bumili since 2008/2009...download na lang ng HD movies sa net. Yung DVDs naka-display na lang ngayon.

DVD'a are slowly fading out. I hardly use my DVD's except during Holy Week or long holidays. Even then, the trend now is toward downloads and playback via a media player such as Medi8or, Popcorn Hour, eGreat and AC Ryan. These either have an internal HDD or you can connect a separate HDD to it instead. It also accepts USB flash disks, and HDMI sources. The upper end models can access the Internet and play streaming video, such as those in YouTube and can download movies too.

These media players can play a multitude of formats including MP3, MP4, MKV, AVI, WMV, FLV, DivX and other video formats. Some of them have Dolby Digital True HD and DTS HD. Some laptops have HDMI and you can connect the laptop directly to an HDTV.

Some DVD players have HDMI out that can upscale to 1080P when connected to an HDTV. Blu-Ray is nice and amazing but the media players, also known as NMT (Networked Media Tank) are beginning to outpace Blu-Ray player sales. In the Philippines, there are only a limited few models of BD players available. Sales are not really picking up for BD players. Aside from the BD (original or pirated) being more expensive, many BD players retain their regions. If there are region-free BD players, you have to tweak it via a code through the remote control. Unlike DVD Players wherein region specific players are now very rare, all-region DVD players are now the norm.

DVD's are nice. But for the next generation home theater, DVD's will be relegated as a secondary video source in the years to come, eventually to be phased out.

• 2 months later...

Blu rays will not take off here in the Phil because our society is a society of pirated softwares. Poverty, low income, and other similar reasons are the culprits.

Madami dito, satisfied na sa dvdrip or yung "HD-kuno" rips ni yify. I still like my movies in a physical disc kaya blu ray over media players pa din ako. Besides, its nice to look at my collection and know that i can watch anytime i want to without the need to download.

Also, i buy collector's editions of movies i like. Thats something that media players cant replicate. Hehe

Edited by TidusJanus
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...