Dvd Collectors

mahilig_bumayo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the first page of this forum asks the readers for their collection of original (read: not pirated) dvd's. well, di na ata uso ang mag back-read hehehe.

anyway, i had 2,500 dvd's in my collection, 843 are original (mostly ordered thru amazon, parconline and stewardesses). i can usually buy the latest movies for 50 to 70 pesos, so why buy original new titles? 700+ of my collections are 1985 or earlier, here's a short list:

3's company (complete: vols. 1 to 8)

the love boat seasons 1 & 2, (still waiting for the next seasons, will stop on season 8)

fantasy island

mork & mindy

amazing stories (complete)

abbott and castello classics

laurel and hardy (almost complete! - 70 titles)

agatha christie films (all those with helen hayes, peter ustinov, albert finney)

charlie chaplin films (city lights, modern times, gold rush, the great dictator)

marilyn monroe collection (7-year itch, how to marry a millionaire, some like it hot, etc)

indiana jones and young indiana jones (complete, with special features)

bob fosse films (cabaret, all that jazz, the little prince, etc)

mel brooks films (complete)

classic disney movies (30 or so, like bedknobs and broomsticks)

romance of the 3 kingdoms (complete 40 discs - in chines with english subtitles)

one-armed swordsman, 13 amazons, etc (and other run run shaw films of the 70's)

samurai series (complete, starring toshiro mifune)

kurosawa films (complete)

labyrinth, the great race, those magnificent men in their flying machines, murder by death + 200 other feel-good movies

woody allen films (complete, 80's or earlier)

astaire and rogers films, bob hope classics

animated lord of the rings, return of the king and the hobbit

jim henson movies (complete, including all storyteller films)

the muppet show (complete 3 seasons)

peanuts (complete except 3 titles, sigh, couldn't find the missing titles anywhere)

i seldom buy originals for new films, but i can't help myself with these:

avatar the last airbender (seasons 1 to 3)

the birdcage

lord of the rings (complete)

hayao miyasaki films (almost complete - both original and disney voice-overs, don't have any sherlock hound films)

Edited by remoteworld
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

One of my fave hobbies is collecting DVDs. I have tons of it, a few originals and mostly pirated ones from my favorite pwesto in Quiapo :thumbsupsmiley:

Original DVDs are quite expensive. Quiapo DVDs are more affordable. The quality is just the same since most of their items are from Singapore, Malysia, and Hong Kong. Plus, you'll get hard to find and rare DVDs in Quiapo.

So, if i have to choose between original and pirated, it doesn't really matter coz i'm getting the same quality plus more at a reasonable price. :cool:

I also collect original DVD movies. most priced ko yung The Godfather movies collectors edition, Pirates of the Carribean movies c/e, The Gladiator, Lord of the Ring collection, Bourne collection... ang dami pa di ko na maalala. 500 titles all together lahat original. tapos, lately, puro na lang din mga pirated na yung binibili ko, yung iba naman mga DivX movies (over 400 collected so far). More than 1200 movies na rin ang nacollect ko in a span of over 8 years.

It's so hard to collect when the technology keeps on changing :wacko:

yeah its true.. i couldnt agree more. I used to collect movies in VHS format. i managed to get over 300 titles. that was the time when i was in college. now, they're all rotting in my sister's garage. and those were really good and classic movies that are timeless. Then, i started collecting VCDs - which then became obsolete again. But i still have my VCD collection. I just put them all together in a separate library - away from my DVD collection, which is also becoming more and more obsolete. Now there's blue-ray!!! AND THIS IS THE PART WHERE I STOP COLLECTING!!!!

DVDs are still DVDs

But real COLLECTORS value their (valued) collection...

Noon talagang suki ako ng Quiapo Stalls.. nandoon na yata ako araw araw... minsan nasasabay pa pamimili ko sa mga "raids"..

But for Real Collectors they still insist on real Collectibles.. as in genuine , authentic , ORIGINAL..

I had collected almost 700-1000 pcs of P DVDs... pero kapag nahihiram... nawawala .. parang wala lang... (pero sa totoo lang sayang yung mga kopya dati as in talagang nakikipagsabayan sa Orig... dati mas maraming P na may DTS kaysa Orig...na halos sa Region 1 mo lang makikita!)

Yung mga priced as in mahal hehehe kong orig minsan mawala lang sa stante ko hindi na ko mapakali.. hahanapin ko na agad... and they are not for borrowing!

Kapag pupunta ko Podium .. pag uwe ko magaang na bulsa ko magaang pa bitbit ko.

Sa Quiapo pupunta kang magaang ang bulsa uuwe kang mabigat ang bitbit... hahaha

Not that i'm promoting P DVDs.. nothing still beats Original!

sa ngayon i still buy Orig DVDs... pero yung sale na lang.. hehehe

For new movies i now prefer Blu-Rays :)

. . .