Motoring For Dummies - All Your Car & Driving Questions Answered H

• 1 month later...

Nowadays madami na ang nakadrive sa ibang bansa and napulot na din nila yung mga driving habits. One is flashing the headlight to say pinapauna ka. The problem is that there are also so many na buong buhay nila sa Pinas lang sila nag drive and sa jeepney driver pa sila natutong mag drive. For them, flashing the headlight means wala silang balak na paunahin ka. Problem is, how does one tell which is which?

Sa patrol cars naman, sa ibang bansa, pag nakabukas ang blinkers ibig sabihin tumabi ka at hinuhuli ka na. Dito, parating nakabukas ang blinkers ng patrol cars. So how does one know kung kelan sya dapat tumabi and kelan dapat idedma lang?

• 1 month later...

Mga bossing any idea or recommended na brand na pampalinis sa mga mapa caused by acid rain sa body ng auto? Hirap tanggalin sa ordinary car wash...Pangit kasi tignan lalo na black auto ko.. napabayaan kasi walang shaded parking dito sa opis naulanan at naaarawan..any recommendation and tips? TIA

U need car detailing plus weekly maintenance. i advice using spray wax such as turtle wax quick spray for weekly maintenance.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone out there know the difference? At EDSA cement is used and there is always deblocking that causes traffic the whole weekend. At C5, it is asphalt and overnight everything is fixed. Why the difference when both are DPWH projects? Why is cement also used in EDSA while asphalt is used in C5 and roads abroad?

Bro that's a very good question. Bakit nga ganoon?

Nowadays madami na ang nakadrive sa ibang bansa and napulot na din nila yung mga driving habits. One is flashing the headlight to say pinapauna ka. The problem is that there are also so many na buong buhay nila sa Pinas lang sila nag drive and sa jeepney driver pa sila natutong mag drive. For them, flashing the headlight means wala silang balak na paunahin ka. Problem is, how does one tell which is which?

Sa patrol cars naman, sa ibang bansa, pag nakabukas ang blinkers ibig sabihin tumabi ka at hinuhuli ka na. Dito, parating nakabukas ang blinkers ng patrol cars. So how does one know kung kelan sya dapat tumabi and kelan dapat idedma lang?

Bago magmaneho ang isang pinoy driver sa ibang bansa, kailangan bigyan siya ng "heads up" ng mga kaibigan/kamaganak niya para malaman niya yung patakaran doon sa ibang bansa.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone out there know the difference? At EDSA cement is used and there is always deblocking that causes traffic the whole weekend. At C5, it is asphalt and overnight everything is fixed. Why the difference when both are DPWH projects? Why is cement also used in EDSA while asphalt is used in C5 and roads abroad?

I'd like to know the answer to this as well. Asphalt should always be placed on top of the cement to protect the cement. But the asphalt should not be sub-standard or it will deteriorate very quick when the rains come. In the US and Europe, asphalt is used and doesn't deteriorate like the asphalt here.

Sub-standard asphalt may be due to cost cutting by the contractor who has to deal with corrupt officials. I've always maintained that to know if a particular government is corrupt, just observe the quality of the roads. If road quality is by and large poor, then I surmise that the government must be corrupt.

I'd like to know the answer to this as well. Asphalt should always be placed on top of the cement to protect the cement. But the asphalt should not be sub-standard or it will deteriorate very quick when the rains come. In the US and Europe, asphalt is used and doesn't deteriorate like the asphalt here.

Sub-standard asphalt may be due to cost cutting by the contractor who has to deal with corrupt officials. I've always maintained that to know if a particular government is corrupt, just observe the quality of the roads. If road quality is by and large poor, then I surmise that the government must be corrupt.

I agree. Many people always blame the rains for the conditon of asphalted roads. They shouldn't blame the rains. They should blame the contactors for using sub-standard asphalt. And ulitimately blame the government agencies that forced the contractors to use sub-standard asphalt because of kick backs contractors pay to unscrupulous government officials.

I agree. Many people always blame the rains for the conditon of asphalted roads. They shouldn't blame the rains. They should blame the contactors for using sub-standard asphalt. And ulitimately blame the government agencies that forced the contractors to use sub-standard asphalt because of kick backs contractors pay to unscrupulous government officials.

Correct, but it also show how well tolerated corruption is among the people.

I'd say the toleration of Filipinos towards corruption is high. People have gotten so used to all the corruption going on around them that they've learned to accept this as a way of life. They've become inured and callous through so years of unchecked corruption.

:lol: Correct. Corruption is a way of life here. Normally, for government projects, especially with the DPWH, SOP runs around 30- 40% and 10% advance before the award.:lol::lol:

Was wondering if someone could give advise as to how long the life is of a regular car battery. My car's an automatic and I'd like to know how long I should keep the old battery before it needs replacement. I don't want to be in a situation where I can't start the car when I'm on my way home.

• 2 years later...

Was wondering if someone could give advise as to how long the life is of a regular car battery. My car's an automatic and I'd like to know how long I should keep the old battery before it needs replacement. I don't want to be in a situation where I can't start the car when I'm on my way home.

it is usually 3 to 4 years. Thats normal operation like pasok sa umaga sa ofis tapos uwi sa gabi. But if you start/stop the engine more frequently mas mabilis sya madedeplete.

• 2 months later...

the average of my car battery is 3 years, my car is also automatic. just refrain your car to park with direct sunlight exposure so that it would last long.

• 5 months later...

guys I need some sugestion...lumalangitngit yung likod ng sasakyan ko, kahit sa patag na daan lumalangitngit parin siya...now nung pinacheck ko sa mekaniko ..yung shocks sa likod dapat na raw palitan..although nakita ko nga na yung isang rubber ng shocks nakasayad na sa gulong..ung natitirang 3 pa eh may awang pa(gap) yung rubber at tires at ung isa lang ang nakalapat sa gulong...ok lang ba na isang shock lang palitan or by pair? sa likod kasi yung problem so both shocks ba dapat palitan...medyo lowered pa yung sasakyan ko.? so di ko pa pinaayos...pinacheck ko lang... or naisip ko rin kung yung rubber lang paayos ko....? pa help lang po for any good suggestion and how much ba talaga yung shocks... my car is honda city yr.2000 type z-lxi....hirap maghanap ng shocks at yung iba puro civic lang available eh nasa 2k na each?

p.s...yung rubber pala..tama ba tawag dun...rubber lifter coil spring? pag nakasayad na yung sa gulong...pwede ba yun ba palitan or pati yung buong shocks na?

Edited by mr_kindred23
  • 2 weeks later...