His Airness Michael Jordan

revo20012000

Guest demon nick fury

Oh yeah, as a team executive MJ is obviously the worst. And one of the results is his languishing Bobcats. He is actually losing millions a year because he's not able to manage Bobcats well.

• 4 weeks later...

Excerpts from Phil Jackson's Book - Eleven Rings: The Soul Of Success - where he was asked to compare MJ & Kobe

"One of the biggest differences between the two stars from my perspective was Michael's superior skills as a leader," Jackson writes. "Though at times he could be hard on his teammates, Michael was masterful at controlling the emotional climate of the team with the power of his presence. Kobe had a long way to go before he could make that claim. He talked a good game, but he'd yet to experience the cold truth of leadership in his bones, as Michael had in his bones."

"No question, Michael was a tougher, more intimidating defender," Jackson writes. "He could break through virtually any screen and shut down almost any player with his intense, laser-focused style of defense."

"In general, Kobe tends to rely more heavily on his flexibility and craftiness, but he takes a lot of gambles on defense and sometimes pays the price." On offense, Jackson said: "Jordan was also more naturally inclined to let the game come to him and not overplay his hand, whereas Kobe tends to force the action, especially when the game isn't going his way. When his shot is off, Kobe will pound away relentlessly until his luck turns. Michael, on the other hand, would shift his attention to defense or passing or setting screens to help the team win the game."

"Michael was more charismatic and gregarious than Kobe," Jackson writes. "He loved hanging out with his teammates and security guards, playing cards, smoking cigars, and joking around.

"Kobe is different. He was reserved as a teenager, in part because he was younger than the other players and hadn't developed strong social skills in college. When Kobe first joined the Lakers, he avoided fraternizing with his teammates. But his inclination to keep to himself shifted as he grew older. Increasingly, Kobe put more energy into getting to know the other players, especially when the team was on the road."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Just red earlier on a sports article jordan said he'd beat lebron but kobe beats him on a 1 on 1 game.

That's not what he said. What he said was he'd beat lebron 1 on 1 when he at his prime. But for Kobe, he's "NOT SURE" since Kobe stole his moves. You've got to secure better sources my friend.

In addition, when Ron Harper was interviewed for a recent NBA promotion and was asked the same question, what he said was "No one can compare to MJ. He brings a different gracefulness and passion to the game" Take this from a man who played with both Jordan and Kobe. Not just some sports fan. :)

• 3 weeks later...

That's not what he said. What he said was he'd beat lebron 1 on 1 when he at his prime. But for Kobe, he's "NOT SURE" since Kobe stole his moves. You've got to secure better sources my friend.

In addition, when Ron Harper was interviewed for a recent NBA promotion and was asked the same question, what he said was "No one can compare to MJ. He brings a different gracefulness and passion to the game" Take this from a man who played with both Jordan and Kobe. Not just some sports fan. :)

amen :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

i think a lot of people have misunderstood Jordan's statement..

or maybe a there are a lot of Kobe Fans trying to use MJ's statement to say that KB is better than LBJ

but i honestly think that MJ is not trying to tell that KB is better than LBJ,

MJ statement above is, for me, MJ being sarcastic with KB...

he's is trying to imply that KB only copies his moves, that maybe KB idolizes MJ...

look KB fans, MJ is not trying to build-up KB here...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Michael Jordan is to basketball just as Michael Schumacher is to Formula One. What makes MJ not only the greatest basketball player that ever lived, but also the definitive athlete is that he puts discipline above all else. He lives and breathes competitiveness that he cannot tolerate anything less than the best he can give at any given time. From the generations of NBA players that I have seen play, there are a couple of cagers who posses more impressive natural skills than MJ- Bill Russell and Lebron James being two of them. However, what MJ lacked in innate talent (and let me preface this by saying he is not without skills), he more than made up for in sheer discipline and the need to be the best. He trains harder than anyone and he demands only the best efforts even if he is burning with fever and had to clutch a bucket the entire game because he was puking his guts out.

His Airness changed the face of basketball at a time when people thought the sport cannot be made more popular. There are places in Africa where there is no potable water, yet the knowledge of Michael Jordan's is abundant. He became the poster boy for athleticism not because he produced incredible stats and set astounding records, but because he is the embodiment of what it is to be a sportsman.

His utter failure in professional baseball is in fact proof of just how much MJ needed competition. There is the constant clamor for the next high, the next basket made, the next championship. He lives in a world where he is not happy until he has exhausted all possible formulas for winning. When he does NOT win, he looks to changing it right away. Looking back, the fact that he was drafted 3rd overall behind Hakeem Olajuwon and Sam Bowie (yeah, I know, Sam Bowie who?) respectively seems rather ridiculous to say the least.

Younger players such as Lebron, Wade, Durant, and even Kobe (he's not that young but he still belongs to the post-MJ era) can only hope to achieve at least half of what MJ did in his illustrious career.

The bottom line is that Michael Jeffrey Jordan is the standard against which every other basketball player that came before him and those that came after are measured. I doubt anything can be better than that.

Edited by 99PercentCaffeine

In my opinion, if the 80s Celtics and Lakers were in the same era as the 90s Bulls, I don't think the Bulls would have won that many championships.

yes i think bulls wont win if they played in the 80's, but lets not compared the 90's to 80's, because in the 90's a lot of rules have changes, games changes too. in the 80's more physical and more hardcore defense. in the 90's it all about good plays. and this is where micheal jordan created himself and change the game of NBA. parang mapapaisip ka na kaya pala yun gawin sa basketball.